Kids and their Ponies / Horses

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lets see what you got. Kids of any age. State of mind not body. Mine are long gone but still remembered.
This is daughter Jen with Golden Reins (Rainbow) she took the championship that day. She has been married for several years now and is expecting her first child. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Good conformation!! Your daughter looks good up there too.

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

I like that horse, too. Your daughter looks like a natural up there.

I think you guys have already seen dozens of pics of my kids, but here is a pic of Kipper that cracked me up when I saw it. You can just see it on his face..."What the **&* did I do to deserve THIS?"

Thumbnail by luna_baby

LOL. He does have that look on his face. I was laughing even before I saw the pic because of your comment but then really started laughing when I saw his face. It's priceless.

Oh yeah, if you croop out everyone else and just leave his face, that would make a really good x-mas card.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This one is good for a laugh. Son Jamie with Sugar a great first pony. He’s married with a son of his own now. Remember the little boy with the Percheron team? This is his Dad. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Hallmark, here we come!!! LOL. That is a really good picture Holly. I love it!!!

O that's priceless. :) You need to get that photo and the one of your grandson and frame them, side by side.

It's that persnickety little pursed top lip that cracks me up in the Kipper pic.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Trying to get this picture in a little better. This was taken at a 4-H Family fun Show. After the show Sugar was sent to a friends farm to stay while we built our new barn. They actually had people stopping along the road to look at her. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Alpharetta, GA

Very cute pictures! I love Kippers expression Luna!!! Here is one I took of my three just last week. Talk about tolerant ponies!

Thumbnail by aspengirl
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

When we first got Rainbow. We had her on a 2-week trial. She did everything we asked her. The original owner kept saying don’t let her fool you she’s not always that well behaved. I kept asking Jen “do you like her.” Jen didn’t seem very interested in her and I wasn’t sure if we should buy her. One day while Jen was lunging Rainbow she reared up and pulled Jen halfway down the ring. You could see the light come into Jen’s eyes. Just what she liked a challenge. That was the day we decide to buy her. She was a really good all round horse for Jen they did a lot together. But she wasn’t a horse you could just put anyone on. Your right Jen did know what she was doing. Holly

aspengirl, that is a fabulous picture. I love love love it!

Alpharetta, GA

Thanks Luna! I think it is the one that is going out on the Christmas cards. I just wish the light had been a little better.

Honey, you got three kids with smiles on their faces and the horse is standing still....it's worth a prize, that pic.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I just love that picture. That look on your oldest daughters face is perfect. I'm a big girl look at me. Your kids are adorable. Holly

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

I took my PC up to the barn to work on the calendar so I have none to post! But I'm enjoying these!

It's the baby that kills me...look at her waving those arms around.

They are all so beautiful.

Alpharetta, GA

Thank you guys!! The oldest looks like she is enjoying herself but in reality she could really care less about the horses. The baby had her first ride two days before that and loved it! Like I said this pony is wonderful and puts up with everything!!! She was such a wonderful find and never should have been "free". Here's another picture from that day.

Hey Luna, did you notice the pink rubber reins??

Thumbnail by aspengirl
Alpharetta, GA

And one last one...

Thumbnail by aspengirl
Alpharetta, GA

Darn it - thought I fixed that picture!!!

Gosh, what a deal you got on that pony! Whatta girl! Beautiful....all 4!

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Great pictures, everyone! Ya'll have beautiful kids - with fur or without!

Holly, your jail bird cracks me up....

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The blonde is showing again. That's a Zebra and a lion tamer. LOL

I am not laughing. At all. Not even a BBBBBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaahahahahaa *gasp*

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

When I joined DG I thought I’d learn a lot. I had no idea that the entertainment value was soooooo great. More LOL Don’t worry Pagancat it’s only a matter of time and the shoe will be no the other foot. You’ll be LOL at me. Holly

Aw, Pagan, you know we love you. : )

Hey now, wait a minute at who you are laughing at - zebras have VERTICAL stripes, *inmates* have horizontal stripes!!!

>pppppppppppfffffffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbtttttttt!!!!<

(But I adore you guys as well!)

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Too funny all of you and Aspengirl, your pictures are priceless!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ok, Ok, We’ll give you a “few” points. But there are both vertical and horizontal stripes on that pony. I can blame it on my husband. He was the one that painted her. With spray on washout hair dye like the kids use at Halloween. Here is a much nicer picture. She was a great first pony. She was always careful with the really little kids they could craw under and over her, hang on her tail and pull up her lips to look at her teeth. She would go anywhere and do anything. But when they got a little older and the lead line came off and they thought they were hot shot riders she would give them just a little wiggle and after they fell on their @?? they knew there was a lot more to learn. She did it just once to everyone of my kids sometime after they had been off the lead line for a while and even though I warned them she always caught them off guard. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

That pony is whiter than white. That pony is glow in the dark. What did you,...dip him in bleach? Holy cow. Cute, cute cute.

Your kids and I must have been riding around the same time...I have the same pair of old fashioned rust breeches. : p And that is not a winky face, that is a tongue sticking out cause mine were so ugly.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yea. Check out those rubber boots, too. I used dish detergent boy did she shine. This was probably one of the first shows we went too. It's a 4-H county roundup. She was our first pony I grew up in the city and didn't know anything when we first got her. That's Jen she would have been about 8 in that picture. She just turned 31 in October. Holly

This message was edited Dec 14, 2006 8:14 PM

Fuquay-Varina, NC(Zone 7a)

I always used armor-all on my rubber boots

Alpharetta, GA

What a white, pretty pony!! She sure is cute! And how 'bout we call her the jail bird zebra? LOL!!

LOL!

Love that!! Only thing missing is bars in front of her.

I was going to ask how you got her so white! Dish detergent? Like dishwasher or the liquid that you hand wash dishes with? I think you are the second person on here I've heard used detergent.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Regular dawn dish detergent just becareful around the eyes. A little sauve (cheap)cream rise on the mane and tail. She really did gleam. When the kids were little they would wash one side of the pony and I would wash the other then we would switch sides and I would wash what they had and they would wash the side I did. Made them think they were making their pony beautiful and I really got her clean she wasn't walking around with one dirty legg.

Eh...baby shampoo on their heads.

No More Tears.

Hmmm - wonder how the No More Tears detangler works.... my mother sure used a couple gallons up on me....

Really? I have some serious doubts it'd work on Ser's tail! Hers is SO stained.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images