Photo by Melody

DG Journals and Diaries: How do I post a plantfiles picture into my journal?

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 5, Views: 108
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

December 30, 2006
2:44 PM

Post #3036167

I know how to post a picture from my hard drive. But how do I post a picture of a plant from PlantFiles into my journal. The information about a plant that I transfered from PlantFiles into my journal goes to it just fine. However, I want a picture to go also. Can that be done?

Deborah♥
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 30, 2006
4:54 PM

Post #3036497

The only way to do that would be to save the pic onto your hard drive and then post it from there, but unless the pic in Plant Files belongs to you or you get permission of the owner, I think that would be violating the copyright (I know it would be violating the copyright if you saved it and then posted it to a forum, but since journals are more private I don't know if that makes it OK or not--probably better to ask the person for permission just to be safe, especially if your journal is public). The link between PF and journals right now just creates a hyperlink so you can click on it and be taken to the PF entry but there's no way to get the PF picture to show up directly in your journal.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

December 31, 2006
2:15 AM

Post #3037882

That's sort of what I though, ecrane3. Thanks for replying. I wonder if Dave or Terry reads these posts? Since the pictures become the property of Dave's Garden and the journals are on DG, maybe a DG administrator could confirm whether or not the pf pics can be posted into anyone's journals. How about it Dave or Terry??????

Deborah♥
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2006
4:59 PM

Post #3039066

I think Terry swings by here occasionally so hopefully she can confirm this for you. I know you're not supposed to take someone else's pic and post it in a forum, so if your journal is public I'm sure the same rules apply, my only question would be if your journal is private if it would be allowed then since nobody else can see the journal except you. I would probably ask the person's permission anyway just to be safe, I'm sure most people won't have objections to you doing this as long as you ask them first.
maureen1952
Worcester, MA

June 4, 2008
4:52 PM

Post #5052451

If it is ok to transfer the picture from the plant files to your journal can you give step by step directions?
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 4, 2008
7:23 PM

Post #5053065

Hey there maureen1952. Only your own pictures from your computer can be uploaded to your journal. However, if you want to reference a plantfile picture in your trade list, go to pf's and click on add to my want list. A plant file picture will follow you there.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 175 Sep 25, 2013 4:26 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America