Where to Eat in: States/Provinces/Countries beginning with A

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This is a continuation of a fun thread in the Recipes forum. (see http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/681577/)

Post below with your favorite places to eat, and I'll try to keep them indexed up here. If your state/province/country isn't on the list yet, put it down anyway and I'll be happy to add it!

ALABAMA
Decatur
Big Bob Gibson's BBQ- it can't be beat.

Foley
Lambert's, right on Hwy 59. Good for country style cookin' and other types of food; just watch out for the throwed rolls!!!

Grady
Red's Little Schoolhouse (334) 584-7955 Specializes in BBQ, country cooking, homemade pies (pecan, chocolate, lemon) and the BEST cheeseburgers in the world! An original schoolhouse from the 1940's.

Mobile
Big Time Diner at Cottage Hill & Demetropolis Road. Great meat & three and wonderful shakes.

Roswell
Dreamland BBQ (other Alabama locations, too!) www.dreamlandbbq.com; I have been to the Roswell location and their brunswick stew tastes like my mama's! They have the best bbq!!!!

Satsuma
Pintoli's, on Hwy 43. Great little Italian restaurant.

Tuscaloosa
Dreamland BBQ (other Alabama locations, too!) www.dreamlandbbq.com; I have been to the Roswell location and their brunswick stew tastes like my mama's! They have the best bbq!!!!

ALASKA

ALBERTA
Calgary
The Golden Inn right off center street in China town - must have the Spicey Squid, Scallop & Pawn - authentic Chinese at its best

Edmonton
Unheardof, 96st and 82 Ave. 780-432-0480 www.Unheardof.com (Fine dining with a focus on food quality. Their Caeser Salad is number 1. They have a superb wine list for the folks who like quality. I never leave without having desert!!)

ARIZONA
Chandler
Guidos - the best taco's in Az according to Sunset Magazine!

Phoenix
Carolina's Mexican Food Restaurant; 1202 E Mohave St, 85034, (602) 252-1503
Different Pointe of View at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, 11111 North 7th Street (Quite expensive, atmospheric and delicious... Try the mussels!)
Pizzeria Bianco; 623 E Adams St, 85004, (602) 258-8300

Sierra Vista
La Casita, on Fry Blvd for Mexican
The Mesquite Tree, on Rt 92 South
The Outside Inn, also on Rt 92 South
Texas Road House

Tucson
Chuy's
Texas Road House

ARKANSAS

AUSTRALIA
Appleby
Waimea Esates (A very good menu with their own wines available)
The Grape Escape

This message was edited Aug 8, 2007 12:59 PM

This message was edited Apr 10, 2008 8:06 AM

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tucson, Arizona - Chuy's, Texas Road House

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Alberta
(Edmonton)
My favorite is Unheardof - 96st and 82 ave- fine dining with a focus on food quality.
Their Ceaser Salad is number 1 and you can see their menu on Unheardof.com.
They have a superb wine list for the folks who like quality. I never leave without having desert!!
780-432-0480

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

In Alabama you have to head up to North Alabama (Decatur) and give Big Bob Gibson's BBQ a try, it can't be beat.

Crossville, TN

In Sierra Vista, Arizone it's gotta be La Casita for mexican (Fry Blvd).....and Johnny Carino's for Italian....the other end of Fry Blfd.....

Fry Blvd is about the only "Main" street we have. Jo

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

Chandler AZ you must try Guidos ( g is pronounced with a "wa" sound not a hard G) it was in Sunset Mag as best taco's in Az

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Alabama:

Lambert's in Foley, AL right on Hwy 59. Good for country style cookin' and other types of food; just watch out for the throwed rolls!!!

Pintoli's in Satsuma on Hwy 43. Great little Italian restaurant.

Big Time Diner in Mobile at Cottage Hill & Demetropolis Road. Great meat & three and wonderful shakes.

I'll post more later!

David

Phoenix, AZ

ARIZONA, PHOENIX
Basis-New American at Thunderbird and 7th Street
PERFECT. 5 *****

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 6a)

Calgary - The Golden Inn right off center street in China town - must have the Spicey Squid, Scallop & Pawn - authnetic Chinese at its best

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Alabama:
Grady
Red's Little Schoolhouse (334) 584-7955 Specializes in BBQ, country cooking, homemade pies (pecan, chocolate, lemon) and the BEST cheeseburgers in the world!
An original schoolhouse from the 1940's.

Tuscaloosa and various other AL/GA locations:
Dreamland BBQ
www.dreamlandbbq.com
I have been to the Roswell location and their brunswick stew tastes like my mama's! They have the best bbq!!!!

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

ALABAMA - Huntsville. Gibson's BBQ is by far the most delicious available. Dreamland is also here, but is so salty it is nearly inedible.

Barb

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Nooo don't mention BBG BBQ now I want a coconut cream pie...the white sauce I can make but I can't beat their pies.

Crossville, TN

Marilyn...please edit Sierra Vista...Johnny CArino's closed...*snif*...BUT we now have a Texas Road House!!

Two more "up scale" places are: The Outside Inn...and The Mesquite Tree.....both on Rt 92 South. Jo

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Jo. I need to catch up on all of these threads. :-) I'll edit yours now.

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Calgary, Alberta - The Clay Oven - 349-3132 26 Street NE
Authentic East Indian food with wonderful Tandoori chicken, and Butter Chicken. Be sure to get there before 11:30 for lunch, as the place fills up, and there are no reservations. There's a Clay Oven downtown, too :-)

Phoenix, AZ

Phoenix, AZ

Richardson's at the corner of 16th St. and Bethany Home Rd (NW corner)

one of the best steaks I've ever had, and some amazing seafood dishes (best I've had in the valley!)

Also, Cherry Blossom Noodle Cafe: Asian restaurant serving all Asian and some incredible Italian style noodle/pasta dishes. I go here way too much.

Anchorage, AK

Alaska:
Fried Chicken - Lucky Wishbone
Steak - Club Paris
Burgers - Artic Roadrunner
all are in Anchorage

Concord, NH(Zone 5a)

Rivertowne BBQ Ozark Arkansas

Fort Worth, TX

Annapolis, Maryland. "Hell Point Seafood". It is amazing!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 8a)

For Tucson, just to be clear, both Chuy's and Texas Roadhouse are chains..not out of Tucson or AZ.....not local, get to know Tucson food....some people don't want that so I thought I would mention it.

Chinese in the Northwest corner:

Small place, strip mall, casual but Oriental decor, good prices and excellent food.

Linh-Nam Chinese
(520) 744-4480
3936 W Ina Rd Map.aaa8123
Tucson, AZ 85741

Mexican - Northwest

Lupita's Café
(520) 774-4750
7077 N Thornydale Rd Map.aaa8123
Tucson, AZ 85741

Steak Northwest - Colt's Taste of Texas, NOT part of "Taste of Texas" chain

8310 N Thornydale Rd Tucson, AZ 85741
(520) 572-5968

Mexican central:

Guadalajara Grill
1220 E. Prince Rd., Tucson, AZ 85719
(520) 323-1022

Dive Burgers & hotdogs, OLD place & awesome:

Pat's Drive-In
1202 W Niagara St, Tucson, AZ - (520) 624-0891

Steaks, FUN place with the kids - decent steaks, AWESOME Prickly Pear Margaritas!
Located in a fake old western town & has a great war/ horse soldier museum on site:

Pinnacle Pete's
6541 E Tanque Verde Rd Tucson, AZ 85715-3890
(520) 296-0911

NEAT place, good steaks & food:
EL Corral, 2201 E River Rd Tucson, AZ 85718-6517
(520) 299-6092

Central BBQ / NEAT western decor, great food
Cody's Beef & Beans
2708 East Fort Lowell Road Tucson, AZ 85716
(520) 322-9475

Brushfire Grill,

Order at counter, seat yourself, won MANY food awards:

2745 North Campbell Avenue Tucson, AZ 85719
(520) 624-3223

Nico's...chains all over Tucson, Mexican "dive" all owned by the same family, tons of food, great prices..GOOD food for low cost.

Downtown -

Excellent food, downtown district

Maya Quetzal Inc -Guatemalan
(520) 622-8207

429 N 4TH Ave
Tucson, AZ 85705

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.