Where to Eat in: States/Provinces/Countries beginning with P

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This is a continuation of a fun thread in the Recipes forum. (see http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/681577/)

Post below with your favorite places to eat, and I'll try to keep them indexed up here. If your state/province/country isn't on the list yet, put it down anyway and I'll be happy to add it!

PENNSYLVANIA

PUERTO RICO

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Great Wall Buffet: Carlisle, PA.
Ernie's Texas Lunch: Gettysburg, PA. (Best texas wieners around)

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Primanti Brothers - they have locations all over town now, but the original in the "Strip District" is still the best. Good luck finishing one of their sandwiches. EVERYTHING goes on the sandwich (meat, lettuce, tomato, coleslaw, fries...it's a "whatchagot samich")! Yunz (Pittsburghese for "Ya'll" or "Youse guys") oughta' try it after a "Stiller game".

Lexington Park, MD

SHADY MAPLE SMORGASBORD Lancaster county PA www.shady-maple.com The food is out of this world and prices are reasonable. Highly recommend if in the area.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I second Shady Maple!

Bowmanstown Diner - Bowmanstown, PA (NEPA) Blueberry Crumble (in season) and pretty much anything else on the menu!
The Emerald Restaurant - Jim Thorpe, PA Great Irish ethnic dishes, made by real Irish folk!

Lick Creek, IL(Zone 6b)

Peru, If you happen to do an eco tourism trip to the Amazon it's likely you'll go to Iquitos Peru. Its the largest landlocked city in the world, no roads in or out, you get there by boat or plane. Located on the banks of the Mighty Amazon River, iquitos has several good places to eat but "Ari's Burger" (what a dumb name!) on the Plaza de Armas has good authentic jungle food, fish that is incredible and the worlds best french fries. Peru is where potatoes originated and Ari's fries up some fine national pride. You'll likely get more than you can possibly eat, ask for it to go and feed some of the little street kids who stand around looking hungry...they are hungry. Feed a little guy and watch those eyes light up.

Around the cornor in the Texas resteurant owned by nothing less than a Texan who is full of it...and has some fine food though more expensive than Ari's.
Try some anticuchoes...it's grilled over jungle made charcoal, tendr and tasty...don't ruin the experience by asking what it is...just enjoy it.

If you're headed that way I can offer lots of suggestions, I've lived in Iquitos and been there 25+ times Enjoy!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

3rds on the Shady Maple

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

4ths on the Shady Maple and I second the Emerald Restaurant in Jim Thorpe (formerly Mauch Chunk)! Jim Thorpe is a wonderful place to explore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.