Where to Eat in: States/Provinces/Countries beginning with T

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This is a continuation of a fun thread in the Recipes forum. (see http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/681577/)

Post below with your favorite places to eat, and I'll try to keep them indexed up here. If your state/province/country isn't on the list yet, put it down anyway and I'll be happy to add it!

TENNESSEE
Chattanooga
Sticky Fingers Barbeque is great! I second (and third and fourth) the sticky thumbs up for Sticky Fingers BBQ in Chattanooga - it is world-class, and worth the trip just for ribs!
Magic Mushroom - Pizza place with psychadelic paintings all over the walls.

Knoxville
Puleo's - Southern cuisine with an Italian flair. Be sure to try their signature appetizer: fried green tomatoes, served over cheese grits with just the right drizzling of country gravy down one side and andouille sausage gravy down the other. Also, their shrimp and grits is always scrumptious.

Memphis
Catfish Cabin on Airways Blvd., Memphis TN
Coletta's - 1063 S. Parkway E. Very excellent Italian food, scary place to park but there is a guard watching the parking lot
Interstate BBQ at the intersection of I-55 and Hwy 61/Third Street

Murfreesboro
Puleo's - Southern cuisine with an Italian flair. Be sure to try their signature appetizer: fried green tomatoes, served over cheese grits with just the right drizzling of country gravy down one side and andouille sausage gravy down the other. Also, their shrimp and grits is always scrumptious.

Nashville
Loveless Cafe; 8400 Highway 100, Nashville, TN 37221, Tel: (615) 646-9700 (For Country Ham and Southern cooking)

TEXAS
Austin
Andiamo's, 2521 Rutland Dr, 78758. Northern Italian. Great food. Best lunch deal in town. Dinner is wonderful but can get expensive. Wine list is terrific.
Austin Land and Cattle, 1205 N. Lamar Blvd, 78703. Great steak, great wine list, great service.
Chuy's (several locations, I go to 10520 N. Lamar Blvd, 78753). Good TexMex, great margaritas, and Elvis too!
County Line for Barbecue. 2 locations
Dan's (or Fran's...his EX) for burgers ...all over Austin. Dan and Fran used to own lots of Dan and Fran's but the split, so now they are EITHER Dan's OR Fran's...but the same really
Eddie V's (two locations, I like the one downtown better for the atmosphere. That's at 301 East Fifth St, 78701). Finally Austin gets good seafood.
Houston's: I love every single thing on the menu...but the spinach-artichoke dip is the one all the other restaurants copy; ribs and homemade fries are fab, and they are known for their salads...newest one has steak, mint, mango, greens....wonderful!
Ka-Prow's, 1200 W. Howard Lane, 78753. Fabulous Thai fusion and inexpensive to boot!
Rosie's (on HWY 71 West: Greatest Tex-Mex in Austin...Willie's favorite if you believe all the "Willie-o-belia" there, but believe it or not, they do NOT have a liquor license....it's BYOB.
Uchi on South Lamar; this is where I gradually learned to love sushi, and their "SHAG" roll is to die for! Just say, "Shag me, baby"!!!
Vespiao - on South Congress....most authentic pasta restaurant...pasta is homemade there
Z'Tejas (two locations, one on Sixth St., but I go to 9400 Arboretum Blvd, 78759). TexMex goes upscale. Food is great.

Castroville
Castroville Cafe The town is charming, and the food and service at the Castroville Cafe are excellent. They're open for dinner on weekends but only for lunch on weekdays. I guess they have some sort of brunch (menu sounded interesting) on weekends (maybe weekdays, too?), but we got there late and had to order from the menu instead--good sandwiches, great tortilla soup, a very TX dessert/salad called Strawberry Delight--gelatin salad with strawberries, pecans, pineapple, and a sour cream topping. Not bad! The building looks like a refurbished old house on the inside but looks new on the outside. It has huge pecan trees and even a couple of healthy fig trees in the garden. There's also a patio for outside dining--looked inviting, but we were there on a pretty warm day, so we opted for indoor dining.

Conroe
Babin's Seafood House; 19529 I-45N (Try the Creamy Crawfish bisque or the Golden Tile)

Dallas
Canary Cafe..wonderful food and great service. A must is the steak, he's won best steak in Texas 2 years running. http://www.canarycafeaddison.com/
The Mansion at Turtle Creek - an upscale restaurant (expensive) but with really good food and wine. Think special occasion.....
Ruth's Chris Steak House; 17840 Dallas Pky, 75287, (972) 250-2244

Fort Worth
The Edelweiss - German food. Entertainment & Dancing..we are in our third generation going there.

Fulshear
Dozier's; old time grocery/meat market - fantastic BBQ and great meats. Deer and wild game processing. Willing to do custom processing and catering.

Goldthwaite
Cahoot's (in the Exxon station). (Try the cheeseburger and fries. No kidding, it is good enough to serve to company!)

Houston Area (before eating out in Houston, look at http://www.b4-u-eat.com/)
Babin's Seafood House; 17485 Tomball Pkway, 77064; (Try the Creamy Crawfish bisque or the Golden Tile)
Bubba's Texas Burger Shack; 5230 Westpark Dr, 77056-7206 (Buffalo Burgers - first restaurant in Houston to serve Bison 1985 - patties, steaks, roasts, hot-dogs, sausage to take home - custom cuts can be ordered.)
Capitol Grill
Cheesecake Factory; 5015 Westheimer Rd, 77056, (713) 840-0600
Chez Nous - my new "to die for" in Houston. The French onion soup was yummy and the escargots de bourgogne was wonderful, could have had ordered that and been happy but of course we ate like lill pigglets. LOL
China View; 11113 Katy Fwy, 77079, (713) 464-2728; www.chinaview.us Don't be fooled by the appearance - this is not just a motel restaurant! Great Chinese food, friendly chef/owner.
Chuey's ( For chile rellenos - crispy batter, with beef filling and deluxe tomatillo sauce...drooling here.)
Fajita Flats - 2 sites - Fondren S of Westheimer, Murphy Rd S of US 59- Mexican with a different slant on things; Starter soup is complementary. They also have an excellent steak or several on the menu. We seem to wind up there almost every week.
Fogo de Chao, on Westheimer - Brazilian dining - fixed price meal - Gaucho chefs bring swords of meat and slice at your plate. They seem to be in a hurry, so I asked why - they have several more skewers cooking in the kitchen as they are serving in the dining room. There are other servers, too, but they are not dressed in gaucho style.
Joe's Crab Shack - on the Kemah Boardwalk or on I-10 East on the Baytown East Freeway near Houston. All of their food is good, but we are very fond of their coconut shrimp. Sometimes they have specials, 33 shrimp for $12.99. You get 11 coconut, 11 BBQued, and 11 scampi. It comes with a great dipping sauce, rice, ff, and we get an extra side order of coleslaw. Their tea is good too! Love to sit out on the porch and watch the boats go by! Very relaxing!
Lopez Mexican Restaurant - Wilcrest 1 blk N of US 59 - Family owned and operated - get there early - huge crowd most evenings.
Mama's - great Texas home style cooking
Max's Wine Dive; on Washington between Shepard and Duram (Kobi Hamburgers - Wonderful even if $18 - wine selection outstanding!)
Outback Steakhouse; (Try the French Onion Soup, steak, bread, margaritas and fried(Boomerang) shrimp)
Pappadeaux (Try the seafood fondue)
Pappas Seafood (Try the lobster bisque)
Pappasito's (Try the mahi-mahi - Yes, that's right, they are a Mexican restaurant, but it is the best grilled mahi-mahi I've ever eaten, with a seafood topping - shrimp, crawfish, scallops, maybe avocado, maybe peppers, in a lemon or wine or brown sauce - depends on the night, all great!)
Perry's Steak House - several locations - all good. Deep fried aspargas - yum
Rudy Lechner's, good German food
Texas Land & Cattle - have NEVER had a bad meal at any of their restaurants, and have eaten at many

Katy
Babin's Seafood House; 21851 Katy Fwy@ Mason Rd (Try the Creamy Crawfish bisque or the Golden Tile)
Texas Borders; Park Row @ Katy Fwy(Try their fajitas, margaritas and onion rings)

League City
BJ's Brewhouse

Lubbock
50 Yard Line - Steaks
Abuello's - Mexican - excellent everything
Bigham's BBQ - all u can eat ribs - Thursday lunch!!!
Cagle's -steaks - Ranch house west of town - best ever!
Choochai - Thai food - 2 locations - I prefer the 19th street location
County Line BBQ - good and great grounds - peacocks, etc.
Whistlin' Dixie BBQ - excellent BBQ

New Braunfels
Faust Hotel
Huisache - Hidden downtown - wonderful food!
Krauses -(Bubba, what's the new name??) - new owners from Europe - Austrian/German food and beers
Montana Mike's - steak house - hand cut steaks - salads, ok, veggies mostly canned - get the potato instead
New Braunfels Smokehouse; 146 SR-46, 78130, (830) 625-2416

San Antonio
Armadillo on McCullough (Try the Shy Poke Eggs and a schooner of Shiner Bock)
Barn Door on N New Braunfels St. - hand cut steaks - wood fire
Biga on the River - Expensive and elegant, but worth it
Jim's Coffee Shops are still going strong
The Little Red Steak House - "bunk-house" style, not fancy - good steaks, tho.
Little Rhine Steak House - Fantastic!
Mama's - great Texas home style cooking
The Menger Bar - historic - Rough Riders were recruited THERE! Teddy Roosevelt's picture hangs overlooking the bar. Was rebuilt a couple of years ago - dry wood borers had done major damage. Restoration is now complete.
Pan American - Mexican food - looks like a dump, but food is like what you would get at a Hill Country Tex-Mex home

San Marcos
Montana Mike's - steak house - hand cut steaks - salads, ok, veggies mostly canned - get the potato instead

Sugar Land
BJ's Brewhouse; Hwy 6 S of US 59

Tomball
Goodson's Cafe; 27931 State Highway 249, 77375, Tel: (281) 351-1749 (Huge and great Chicken fried steak!)

The Woodlands
Babin's Seafood House (Try the Creamy Crawfish bisque or the Golden Tile)
Cheesecake Factory
Chuey's ( For chile rellenos - crispy batter, with beef filling and deluxe tomatillo sauce...drooling here.)
Gio's Italian on Sawdust. It has wonderful food (not your typical Italian fare), great service, nice atmosphere and it isn't cheap. I'll go back.
Outback Steakhouse; (Try the French Onion Soup, steak, bread, margaritas and fried (Boomerang) shrimp)
Pappadeaux (Try the seafood fondue)
Perry's Steak House - several locations - all good. Deep fried asparagus - yum
Tommy Bahama's in Market Street. Too noisy, but has excellent food. I love the crab cakes with asian slaw and the steak salad. Also a chocolate brownie dessert to die for which requires 4 people to make a dent in it!

This message was edited Jul 2, 2008 1:11 PM

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

TEXAS

Outback Steak House (try their French Onion Soup, Boomerang Shrimp and any steak
Katy Fwy (I-10 w) Katy

Babin's (Try their Creamy Crawfish Bisque)
Katy Fwy (I-10 w) Katy

Texas Borders (try their Fajitas, Onion Rings)
Park Row @ Fry Rd. Katy

Missouri City, TX

Texas

Houston area:

BJ's Brewhouse - 2 sites - Sugar Land Hwy 6 S of US 59 - and League City

Max's Wine Dive - Houston on Washington between Shepard and Duram - Kobi Hamburgers - Wonderful even if $18 - wine selection outstanding!

Lopez Mexican Restaurant - Wilcrest 1 blk N of US 59 - Family owned and operated - get there early - huge crowd most evenings.

Fajita Flats - 2 sites - Fondren S of Westheimer, Murphy Rd S of US 59

Dozier's in Fulshur, TX - old time grocery/meat market - fantastic BBQ and great meats. Deer and wild game processing. Willing to do custom processing and catering.

Goodson's in Tomball, TX - Super chicken fried steaks.

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack - Buffalo Burgers - first restaurant in Houston to serve Bison 1985 - patties, steaks, roasts, hot-dogs, sausage to take home - custom cuts can be ordered.

Perry's steak house - several locations - all good. Deep fried aspargas - yum.

All over Texas:

Texas Land & Cattle - have NEVER had a bad meal at any of their restaurants, and have eaten at many.

Mama's - only 3 - 1 in Houston and 2 in San Antonio (home store) - great Texas home style cooking

San Antonio area:

Barn Door on N New Braunfels St. - hand cut steaks - wood fire.

Biga on the River - Expensive and elegant, but worth it.

Armadillo's on McCullough - Shy Poke Eggs

Little Rhine Steak House - Fantastic!

Earl Abel's is gone, but Jim's Coffee shops are still going strong.

Pan American - Mexican food - looks like a dump, but food is like what you would get at a hill-country tex-mex home.

New Braunfels area:

New Braunfels Smokehouse on hwy 46

Huisache - Hidden downtown - wonderful food!

Faust Hotel

Krauses - closed for a couple of years, but now open under another name - new owners from Europe - Austrian/German food and beers.

Montana Mike's - steak house - 2 with this owner - NB and San Marcos - hand cut steaks - salads, ok, veggies mostly canned - get the potato instead.

Lubbock:

County Line BBQ - good and great grounds - peacocks, etc.

Whistlin' Dixie BBQ - excellent BBQ

Bigham's BBQ - all u can eat ribs - Thursday lunch!!!

50 Yard Line - Steaks

Cagle's -steaks - Ranch house west of town - best ever!

Choochai - Thai food - 2 locations - I prefer the 19th street location.

Abuello's - Mexican - excellent everything.

I will be back with more more...

This message was edited Jan 5, 2007 2:16 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Ann and Bubba!! I'm still out of edits, but I'll be back to put your items on the top later today. (You can only edit 5 or 6 posts in 24 hours.)

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Tennesse - Memphis - Coletta's - 1063 S. Parkway E. (Very excellent Italian food, scary place to park but there is a guard watching the parking lot)

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Babin's, Perry's Steak House, Chuey's and Pappadeaux are listed for Houston, but they are also in The Woodlands. When I mentioned them, I was referring to TW location.....I'm sure they're just as good anywhere, but maybe you could add TW to their locations? Outback Steakhouse and Cheesecake Factory are here too (someone else mentioned them...).

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooops.. Thanks, CJ! I missed that. :-)

Well, how would you know? I wasn't very clear.... But I'll try to do better. Promise.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

In Houston for German food Rudy Lechner's if a good place to try.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's a couple of my favorites from Austin, Texas

Austin Land and Cattle, 1205 N. Lamar Blvd, 78703. Great steak, great wine list, great service.
Chuy's (several locations, I go to 10520 N. Lamar Blvd, 78753). Good TexMex, great margaritas, and Elvis too!
Z'Tejas (two locations, one on Sixth St., but I go to 9400 Arboretum Blvd, 78759). TexMex goes upscale. Food is great.
Ka-Prow's, 1200 W. Howard Lane, 78753. Fabulous Thai fusion and inexpensive to boot!
Eddie V's (two locations, I like the one downtown better for the atmosphere. That's at 301 East Fifth St, 78701). Finally Austin gets good seafood.
Andiamo's, 2521 Rutland Dr, 78758. Northern Italian. Great food. Best lunch deal in town. Dinner is wonderful but can get expensive. Wine list is terrific.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Ahh how could I forget Dallas! Canary Cafe..wonderful food and great service. A must is the steak, he's won best steak in Texas 2 years running.

http://www.canarycafeaddison.com/

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! Ya'll are making me hungry!

Bubba - I think you and I have eaten in almost all the same places in just about every town!

Ditto on Dozier's and Lopez! I've been eating at Lopez since it was in it's old location on Wilcrest and I was in junior high school. My family has a tile in the new place.

For everyone who has mentioned Babin's - the Greek Salad is the best around!
And, YES! Rudy Lechner's for German - I've been going there for almost 20 years

Here's some of my favs' to add for Houston:
Cafe Red Onion: Kirby or 290 Latin/Carribean mix - absolutely incredible
Churrasco's - Westheimer South American cuisine
Empire Turkish Grill - Memorial Dr. I've tried almost all of the Turkish restaurants and this is by far my favorite. Try the Iskendar Kebob (it's not a kebob at all) and the Lebni!
Collina's - Richmond- great pizza
Spanish Flower - on Main in the Heights (authentic Mexican food)
Irma's - downtown - no menu, great food and the best lemonade you ever had!

East Bernard - Vincek's Smokehouse (barbcue, cat fish, chicken fried steak) and load up on the great sausage for your freezer

Huntsville - Mount Zion Baptist Church or "Holy Smoke" - the best barbecue I've had anywhere - hands down. Just don't look at the floors or the kitchen

Fulshear - Moore's Bighorn Grill - Friday nights all you can eat shrimp. I always get the combo 1/2 boiled and 1/2 fried

Richmond - Sandy McGee's for a great lunch or Italian Maid
Karl's on the Riverbend for a more elegant dinner

This message was edited Jun 21, 2007 8:47 PM

Well, welcome back , Kristi! I should have known that you'd find this thread! I second Churrasco's (and Americas) too. Haven't tried the others, but I will!

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Told ya I'd be back with my spurs on! ;>}

And I'm doin' the happy dance!

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Boogie down Ceejay!

Missouri City, TX

If you want meat and more meat - Fogo de Chao on Westheimer in Houston. Brazilian dining - fixed price meal - Gaucho chefs bring swords of meat and slice at your plate. They seem to be in a hurry, so I asked why - they have several more skewers cooking in the kitchen as they are serving in the dining room. There are other servers, too, but they are not dressed in gaucho style.

Kristi - We had pictures on the wall at the "old" Lopez.

Fajita Flats (Mexican with a different slant on things) - both locations - Fondren just south of Westheimer, and Murphy Rd south of US59.
Starter soup is complementary. They also have an excellent steak or several on the menu.
We seem to wind up there almost every week.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Love Fogo de Chao...we hit it almost every trip to Houston..LOL DH loves the after dinner cart. he drinks his desert.

Mena, AR(Zone 7a)

Ft Worth, Idelweis Restaurant, German food. Entertainment & Dancing..we are in our third generation going there.

Ft Worth, Texas? The Eidelweiss is still in business? I had a wonderful meal there long ago!!

Mena, AR(Zone 7a)

Yes Ft Worth TX. The Edelweiss is still going strong. I went with my family during this Xmas holiday. It was so much fun. Bernard is still there and singing up a storm. Good old German music and a lot of Elvis Presley songs. The chicken dance is still being done...but I'm getting a little stiff for it but sure is fun. Had too much to eat..wonderful food. It's a place for young and old for sure. I miss my parents not being there for they have passed away. My son and his wife were with us.. I have grandchildren and great grandchildren and I hope some day they can all be with me there for a meal. We travel from Mena, AR and Tulsa, OK just to go there nearly every year.

Has anyone been to the Mansion at Turtle Creek in Dallas? I remember that as an upscale restaurant (expensive) but with really good food and wine. Think special occasion.....

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

No San Antonio on the list? =(

I see TV ads for a restaurant called, "The Little Red Steak House" which offers 25% off your meal on your birthday!!! See link for location details and customer reviews.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=19273431

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Ceejay - haven't been there but know a few that absolutely worship the place. There used to be a chef there, maybe he still is, Dean (something) and I used to love to watch his cooking shows.

Tir_Na_Nog, unfortunately, the few times I've been to San Antonio, they were kind of 'rushed' visits and we stuck to the old staples. Hard Rock, etc. We never seem to venture off the River Walk. However, I hope to change that this summer. My daughter will be going to the camp at SeaWorld and we thought about making a little Hill country vacation while she's there. A few days in SA, a few in Fredericksburg, maybe Wimberly (if I could move any where in the world, I'd go to Wimberly or thereabouts). Any great suggestions are most welcome!

Missouri City, TX

Tir_Na_Nog - I listed several places in SA Jan 5th.

Here are a couple more we never miss when there.

For fun - Dick's Last Resort on the river walk. Be prepared for fun, insults, and things being thrown - food is good, drinks are cold!

The Menger Bar - historic - Rough Riders were recruited THERE! TR's picture hangs overlooking the bar. Was rebuilt a couple of years ago - dry wood borers ahd done major damage. Restoration is now complete.

Little Red Steak House is "bunk-house" style, not fancy - good steaks, tho.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Bubba - my husband and I stayed at the Menger on New Years and that's where he asked me to marry him. Great place with very fond memories.

They say there are ghosts there.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Austin:

for MEXICAN, Rosie's (on HWY 71 West: Greatest Tex-Mex in Austin...Willie's favorite if you believe all the "Willie-o-belia" there, but believe it or not, they do NOT have a liquor license....it's BYOB.

for SOPHISTICATED TEXAS FOOD, Houston's: I love every single thing on the menu...but the spinach-artichoke dip is the one all the other restaurants copy; ribs and homemade fries are fab, and they are known for their salads...newest one has steak, mint, mango, greens....wonderful!

for ITALIAN, Vespiao- on South Congress....most authentic pasta restaurant...pasta is homemade there

for SUSHI, Uchi on South Lamar; this is where I gradually learned to love this food genre, and their "SHAG" roll is to die for! Just say, "Shag me, baby"!!!

for BURGERS, Dan's (or Fran's...his EX) ...all over austin. Dan and Fran used to own lots of Dan and Fran's but the split, so now they are EITHER Dan's OR Fran's...but the same really

for BARBEQUE, County LIne...2 locations...

Any good spots in Kerrville?

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

By the river, half a mile down from the highway, where the old dead tree is. You'll find a congregation of bunnies. That's the spot in Kerrville. Pack your own lunch, talk to the grasshoppers and then head for the nearest B&B. LOL.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Travelling Texas we stopped at a restaurant...waiting time - about 1 hr. - should have made a note of name/address...was absolutely fantastic...everything was served on platters and you ate with your fingers..no placematts/no dishes/no cutlery etc. - served on wax paper and fingers did the rest..oh how I wish I had taken notes....think it was central area - not on the coast, probably northern area as well..if anyone knows where i was...sure would like to hear it..thanks..

MaryLyn - Maybe you should put Houston Area instead of just Houston. Several of those restaurants are here in The Woodlands (I suggested them) even though there are others in Houston main. Chuy's, Babin's, Pappadeaux. Although I didn't "nominate" these, they are also here: Outback, Perry's, and Cheesecake Factory,

I suggested Gio's Italian on Sawdust in The Woodlands on another thread associated with this thread. Maybe it should have gone here. It has wonderful food (not your typical Italian fare), great service, nice atmosphere and it isn't cheap. I'll go back.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That's a really good suggestion, CJ. Thanks! I've gotten behind on editing these things, too. I need to catch up!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok, I'm caught up on this one. Hey, look at that.. nothing after Lubbock shows up! Hmmm... Has it always been like that and I've just never noticed?? I'm sorry!! I promise, all of the San Antonio and The Woodlands restaurants ARE in there! LOL I wonder if there is a limit on how much info will show up on a single post? I'll go bug an admin to ask why they aren't showing up in here.

I just saw The Woodlands - wasn't there before....... but maybe you should remove the addresses. They're in Houston. LOL!! Since we only have one location, I wouldn't bother with addresses here.

You really are doing a terrific job, Marylyn.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Terry fixed my html, so the rest of the cities show up now (although I see I still have some italics issues.) I'm out of edits for today, so I'll go back and take out the wrong addresses and fix the font tomorrow. :-)

Another favorite in The Woodlands: Tommy Bahama's in Market Street. Too noisy, but has excellent food. I love the crab cakes with asian slaw and the steak salad. Also a chocolate brownie dessert to die for which requires 4 people to make a dent in it!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Has anyone been to Mark's in Houston? Thinking about going when we come to Houston next week.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It has good reviews on B4-U-Eat: http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv1214.asp

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Texas - We love Joe's Crab Shack on the Kema Boardwalk or on I-10 East on the Baytown East Freeway near Houston. All of their food is good, but we are very fond of their coconut shrimp. Sometimes they have specials, 33 shrimp for $12.99. You get 11 coconut, 11 BBQued, and 11 scampi. It comes with a great dipping sauce, rice, ff, and we get an extra side order of coleslaw. Their tea is good too! Love to sit out on the porch and watch the boats go by! Very relaxing!

There's alot for kids to do on the Kema Boardwalk: games, and rides! Lots of shops and flowers to admire! Just a great all 'round day! They even have some bed and breakfasts for out of town guests!

This message was edited Aug 25, 2007 11:21 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.