Looking for the Hicks Family

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Canda or the US or England

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

The only HICKS I know is the sheriff of our county (Hardeman) Bolivar, TN. He is african-american and a very nice man.

Tarpon Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

What location was your HICKS individual born? Approximate age? Full name? Where living? Names of parents, siblings, wife, etc. would be helpful also. And what information do you want to discover? I'm sure there are others like me that would like to help, but we need a starting point if you're trying to trace your family and a little more information. If you don't know the answers to all the questions I asked, let's start with what you know and go backwards in time from this. Generally, this is the most successful way to trace your "roots".

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

my farthers name was harmon born in sackville canda 1915 his farther was charles his mother was stella her last name was hicks to a 3rd cousin

Tarpon Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I found several Harmon Hicks in the USA Social Security Death Index but not with a birth year of 1915. In the 1930 US census, I found three Harmon Hicks with a birth year within 4 years of 1915 (censuses are not always reliable on birth years). These did not state their birth locations so I didn't know if they were Canadian. I located four Harmon Hicks in the 1995-2002 Canadian phone directories - all in New Brunswick. There are 3 Charles Hicks with birth years ranging within 1888-1892 in the 1906 Manitoba, Saskatchewan, & Alberta census (all are sons living in their father's households). I can go back and grab more details about these if needed. I just didn't have enough information to even know if I was on the right track, such as where Charles and Harmon would have been living. Hope this is helpful. Cheiri

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am related to some Hicks from Alabama

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Me too, from Uriah/Frisco City area.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

My wifes family is all Hicks. They are a HUGE family with lots of roots everywhere. Do you know where your grandparents were born? Their parents? Start with buying their death certificates from the state they died in and then try to get them were they were born. Those papers will get you a long long long way.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

mine was born in cand mocton fredrick sackville

Greensboro, AL

phicks: I was the curator of a historic house here, built by Isaac Croom about 1840. I know from the geneological records that I. Crooms mother married a man named Hicks in Lenoir Co. N. Carolina after I. Crooms father died. Some of those records in N. Carolina have burned. But the Hicks name is mentioned in the probate records of I. Crooms will in Alabama (probably Marengo, Co.).

Good luck in your search.

As I remember I. Crooms half-brothers named Hicks moved west after he died. They were not interested in his sizeable estate in Alabama.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2007 4:38 PM

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

My grandmother's grandmother was a Hicks, they thought. I do not have any more info. They lived in Lee County, AL. Luciee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.