This message was edited Jun 24, 2009 5:10 PM

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi, I'd be interested so count me in please...b sounds like alot of fun

Rockton, PA

I am interested in participating.
Aline

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

alinehuey,
Please e-mail your snail mail address to me.

Hmmm... I thought more people would have a interest... I guess most people are not in the Spring Fever mode yet!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm interested in joining too!

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I've never done a RR, but I'm interested! Tamara

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Got the addresses 'babsadventure' and 'alinehuey'.... need the snailmail addresses of 'CheerMom' and 'zone5girl'.

What's everyones thought on small suprise goodies or just seeds?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh I am glad I saw this! Count me in : ) Either way you decide,small suprise goodies or just seeds, is fine with me.I am ok with either way. Sending you a d-mail : )
Nancy

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

hi... i'm brand spanking new as of today. I 'd like to participate too.... just don't know what to do. please advise.
stephanie

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

I would like to join~~~

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I'll need your mailing address, just e-mail it to me.

When it arrives take out as many seeds as you like, but replace them with a equal amount of seeds. I will start with 15 seeds, please replace with packets of different seeds, we want every one to get a variety. If you have a bunch of one kind of seeds, you can add extra seeds if you like but no more than 3 pleaseÖ and donít count those extras as replacements for RR seeds. We also will be tossing in a Spring themed goodie, take one and replace it with one you've brought/got for this purpose... something light (see my first post for some ideas). In the box will be the next person's address, reseal the box very good and send it to that person Priority w/delivery confirmation (so we can track it). Any questions?

You can include annuals, perennials, vegtables... you can pack up little baggies of your seeds you've collected from last years garden or if you've bought packets of seeds for this years growing season and it contains more than you'll use you can pack up them.... or if you're like me you can add store bought packet that I've changed my mind about planting! I just buy everything in sight then realize that I could never plant them all!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

So far we have:
babsadventure
alinehuey
CheerMom
zone5girl
Cedarnest
sjonesartist (need your address)
maineroses (need your address)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

A few people are new to Robins and I want to help answer any questions. There is no stupid questions :)

I'm going to start the Robin with 15 packages of 15 different kinds of seeds. All you will need to do is to put in one packet of seeds for each packet you take out. If you take out 3 packets you put in 3 different seeds in 3 packets labeled with what they are and,if you like, any info you'd like to say about it ("Pretty flower, needs staking!"). You'll see it's not hard.

As for how many seeds per packet, well as a rule of thumb I put in as much as I'd plant if I was putting it in my garden.... say it's something that takes up a bunch of room/grows big (like Sunflowers) I'd only put 8-10... if it was tiny seeds (like poppy) I put about 1/2 tsp if it's pretty prolific/not rare and 1/4 tsp if it don't set seeds well or is uncommon/hard to get....

I hope this helps, please let me know if there's anything else :)

Try to put in special things... something new unusual or different if you can... if you can't, it's ok... as you garden a while you'll get more and more unusual things and maybe next time you'll have something special to add.

This message was edited Jan 17, 2007 9:47 PM

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

OKIE DOKIE I am a sucker for a RR count me in

Beck

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

What about "theme" packets? Is that allowed? For instance, I have 5 kinds of tomatoes I'm growing this year (Bloody Butcher, Tigerella, Sugary, Brandywine, and Sungella). I would include 3 seeds of each variety (separated and labeled, of course), for a total of 15 seeds for the packet. I'm also growing 4 kinds of cukes, 3 kinds of pansies, about 8 kinds of morning glories, etc. Tamara

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

crimson, did you get my address via dmail?
stephie

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

So far we have:
babsadventure
alinehuey
CheerMom
zone5girl
Cedarnest
sjonesartist
maineroses (need your address)
rwmedic

Theme packets sound fine :)

Lake City, TN

I would love to try this!!!my address is:
Paula Parks
323 New Clear Branch Rd
Lake City, Tn 37769.
I do hope i can do this too.Thanks!!
email address is Paula_Parks@Yahoo.co
ebay id; iluvflowers323.Thanks!!!

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I'd like to join this also and I think that makes 10 :>)

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I'd like to join in if there is room!

Chris

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Poll: if you could pick 5 seed packets to receive in this RR, which ones would they be? Tamara

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

*******CLOSED*************

Ok, we end at 11.

We have:
babsadventure
alinehuey
CheerMom
zone5girl
Cedarnest
sjonesartist
maineroses
rwmedic
Paula_Parks01
venu209 (I need your address)
ladygardener1

This will be going out Monday. I'll post the random order and delivery confirmation number after I send it Monday morning. Please post here as it arrives and departs, and sent it priority w/delivery confirmationÖ this way itís easy to find! Try to send it off within 3 days after recieving it. Please letís have a fun and successful RR!

Thanks Crimson for letting me participate. This is my first RR so I'm excited!

Tamara, 5 seed packets I'd like to see.

1.Tomato, Early Girl.
2. Impatien
3. Zinnia
4. Coleus
5. Basil

Chris

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Anyone else got requests? That is such a good idea, it's nice to know some of the things people are interested in! Thank you Tamara!

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

i'm interested in anything... i like suprises
stephanie

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

waaaaaaaaaaa, that will teach me not to check the rr forum.

I have some neat things too. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

Must be something in the water in Brick. I like surprises too :>)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

9kittymom,
If this goes well, doesn't get lost, and "flies fast" I'll be sending it back out. I'll keep you in mind if I start a 2nd flight.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Here's the flight plan. I put everyone's name in a bag and randomly drew this order:
#1 venu209 = Arrived, departed
#2 rwmedic
#3 ladygardener1
#4 maineroses
#5 zone5girl
#6 alinehuey
#7 Paula_Parks01
#8 CheerMom
#9 babsadventure
#10 sjonesartist
#11 Cedarnest

I've printed off all the addresses, just remove the next persons address and put it on the box before mailing. Then post when you mail it and the delivery confirmation number, if the box gets bad you can get another from the post office (they're free).

I'll post the delivery confirmation number tomorrow after I mail it.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2007 7:09 PM

This message was edited Jan 25, 2007 5:28 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

It's off! venu209 it's on it's way to you.

The delivery confirmation number is 0304-3490-0002-1245-4670

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Ohhhhhh I am already excited and it has alot of feeding stops before it flys to me! : )

OKAY!!!!!!!!!! Waiting for the eagle to land :>)

I'll be getting ready! Wonder if my Parks seed order will get here first. I have a packet coming with 200 seeds and I know I can't use them all. Anyone want some snow? I have some extra of that too! LOL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I grew up in Minnesota.... I've had more snow in my youth to last me the rest of my life! I HATE cold weather. Dream of spring, picture all your flowers sleeping in the ground.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I have never done before so if you could keep me in mind also I would be very thankful..

Susan, Danville, Va.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Hopefully it will fly well and fast, then I can send it off again!

Wow, hope it flys really fast, I just found more seeds... I buy them and stick them all over the house... I need to get organized, or atleast not buy anymore until I figure out what I got and where I'm going to put them all! I'm going to have to dig more gardens!

This message was edited Jan 23, 2007 5:29 PM

The eagle landed!! The eagle landed!! ;>) It will do some loading, unloading and a little rest overnight and resume flight tomorrow. I'll post the confirmation # tomorrow. Get ready rwmedic.
This is fun LOL

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

too funy venu.
LOL
stephanie

rwmedic, I'm getting the landing field ready. Went shopping for goodies today! Need to get some seeds also ready.

Chris

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm glad you enjoyed it venu209, I hope everyone has that much fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.