Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Brugmansias: Next leg

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 7, Views: 155
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2001
1:16 AM

Post #9576

Brugmansia- after a few days of R+R - in water and soil, your wonderful gifts are moving on. They're going courier to Brugcrazy way up on Vancouver Island in the morning. Your kindness is on the move. It's a long way from there to here
Thanks ~ Liz
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 30, 2001
5:07 PM

Post #102906

Liz,
Sounds like the gifts will be well appreciated. Thanks so much for sending a few out to other Canadians so fast. I realize you Canadians don't have that many Brugmansia, thats why I sent so many cuttings of the ones I sent. Honestly can't remember how many I sent you, but I do think you have a large enough assortment with that and what you already have to hybridize some real beauties of your own. Glad they were well recieved and thanks for giving them a rest before moving them on.
Sincerely,
Brugmansia
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2001
6:50 PM

Post #102981

Hodnik's order arrived! Got Roter Vulkan, Butterfly, Herrenhausen, Pink Beauty, and Rosenrot. Added to the one's you sent, Brugmansia I think I have the national collection.
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 30, 2001
6:54 PM

Post #102987

Liz, let me know when you are ready to trade again. Sounds like some beauties. Roter Vulkan was a bit difficult for me-died all the way down to the ground soon after I planted it in the ground. It has come back though and is doing fine. Butterfly is one of my favorites as you know, I have a few seedpods on that one forming. Of course my Roseabelle has one seed pod forming as well and you can rest assured I will start a few more on it soon.
brugcrazy
Vancouver Island, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 31, 2001
10:38 PM

Post #103676

Brugmansia: Liz couriered your cuttings yesterday and they arrived today. Thank you so much for insignis orange, insignis gold, isabella and solid gold. They are very much appreciated. What can I send you?
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 1, 2001
12:49 AM

Post #103736

My wish list-Any aurea I don't have. Quinde, Citronella,
candida f. plena Angel's Dream . Hmm, perhaps the Rothkirch. If I had those flowers I would be in heaven as I would only use what I already have and those hybrids to breed with. As most of you know, I am primarily interested in working with the aurea's and make crosses with other species merely to try to pull out a few characteristics to add to the gene pool. I will say that I look for speed of growth, hardiness, and early bloomers at the expense of everything else as I am an impatient person. Hence I need to germinate a thousand or so per cross I am working on at the time and then as you all know I select out of the seedlings for a few hundred to actually plant in the ground. Selecting for serration, velvety texture, and of course a few oddballs just to see the difference.
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2001
4:16 AM

Post #103838

Noted --
Liz
brugcrazy
Vancouver Island, BC
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2001
4:38 PM

Post #104048

I'll see what I can do. I think Liz is putting another order into Hodniks. I will order with her and try and find you what your heart desires. Thanks again for being so generous with us poor little Canadians who are managing to amass quite a little collection of brugs.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America