Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Ohio River Valley Gardening: ORV Spring Plant Swap/Potluck Questions

Communities > Forums > Ohio River Valley Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Ohio River Valley GardeningReplies: 154, Views: 983
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 27, 2007
7:25 AM

Post #3127295

Hi everybody,

I wanted to get some conversation going about the 2007 ORV Spring Swap so I know what to expect. There is going to be one, right? Defoecat was talking about it in another forum.

I was wondering about the spring swap, specifically if extra wintersown seedlings from a spring 2007 sowing are swapped or if they're too little. -- I sort of wanted to know whether I should sow more seeds than I need, or not. (I don't want to devote the space to growing them on for a later swap.)

What other things are swapped? I want to come prepared!

Have any dates or places been determined? I also want to keep an eye on it and put it on my thread watcher.

Sorry for all the questions,
Thanks for any answers,
Suzy
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2007
4:48 PM

Post #3128311

Hello Suzy,

I want you to know I am not ignoring your post here. I'm thinking. I don't think anyone has set a date or location yet but the thought has been tossed out there. How far are you from Cincinnati?

Michele
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 27, 2007
6:39 PM

Post #3128597

Thnaks, Michele,

I'm 2 hours from Cinty and 3 hours from Columbus. Wiskerchin (Wyczykerchin? LOL I don't know how to spell it, just say it) is 2/12 hours, as is Dayton.

Don't discount Columbus because it's father away. I am happy to go to Columbus -- isn't there an outlet mall to the souheast? Kinda kill 2 birds with one stone.

I am happy to go anywhere...what about the baby WS seedlings? Are they tradeable?

Suzy

Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2007
7:15 PM

Post #3128701

Hi!

Anything you would want to bring would be acceptable! Most of the time, we offer some stuff up front to line up a few trades. Let's face it, we don't get together all that often and we might as well skip the postage.

Last year there were mature hostas, ornamental grasses, aroids/elephant ears, seedlings, some bulbs, seeds, sun coleus and lots of nice door prices, plant and otherwise!

So you many not want to drag a whole flat of something special with you unless you prearrange trades or want to give away a surplus. Most of us don't want to take anything back home so we force it on a newbie. LOL

Some have mentioned doing a drawing system where everyone takes a turn picking from a table of plants, then a second turn, etc until plants are gone. I wouldn't mind that but I like prearranging trades then using the extra plants for other things or for people that are newer to gardening.

I'm just one person with one opinion. :)

Where are the rest of ya??
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

January 28, 2007
12:42 AM

Post #3129545

Hello and Welcome Illoquin!! Last year was my first RU.. I didn't prearrange any swaps.. wellI guess a couple people wanted my prickly pear cactus.. But I forced the extra on soft hearted people and had several plants "forced" on me.. I took home much more than I brought! I had prearranged some tomato swaps.. or since i didn't give them anything I guess they were out and out gifts?>?? except Ric got some cacti. :)
ok..I am apparently babbling.. that's what happens when your brain is drained! I hail from Kokomo and am in that area a lot so wanted to greet a fellow hoosier and say that if you come we'ld be glad to have ya!
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 9, 2007
3:32 PM

Post #3172252

Suzy-- Will you be going alone or taking the family with you? I would like to go and would gladly "carpool" with anyone going that way. Lou
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 9, 2007
6:47 PM

Post #3172835

Dispatcher,

I have no idea...let me ask around and see who (if anybody) wants to go and let you know. A lot will depend on where it is. (Cinty or Columbus area).

Badseed & Jazz,

I'm sure I answered this the day you both posted, but I can see I might have written it but never sent it. Thanks for the welcome and the heads up on pre-arranged trades. At this point all I can trade is some snow covered jugs with a very promising label inside. LOL! I'd better not count my chickens until they're hatached -- literally. I will have some baby lilium bulbs, but that's all I know for sure. Some will probably be Martagons which are pretty pricey, but it will be years before they bloom.

I have some experience on running a swap with numbers like you're talking about, Badseed. Everybody gets a number -- that's easy, but you call the numbers in groups, maybe groups of four for a gathering this size -- of what I imagine to be this size -- calling numbers randomly from premade cards marked: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc. (We usually divide the expected group number by 5 or 6 to come up with the numbers on the cards) It goes 4x faster, or people can have 4x as long to choose, depending on the circumstances. It's not only jollier to be able to chat with someone else who is picking at the same time, you also have someone to ask questions -- What do you think about this?
What *is* this? LOL!

In the beginning, most everybody goes up, even if it's just to make sure they aren't missing anything, but as the rounds continue, the veterans mostly stay back chatting or going up for seconds at the food table. Usually the 'most veteran of the veterans' is the one calling numbers because they already know they don't want anything.

Suzy
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2007
7:17 PM

Post #3172899

I would love to come. Columbus is 2.5 hrs from me and Cincy is 3.5 hrs. Of course I would prefer Columbus but Cincy isn't that much farther :~) Worth the drive I'm sure!

Lana
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 9, 2007
7:33 PM

Post #3172935

Columbus -- on the way to WV, I believe, also has a nice outlet mall. It's SW of Columbus.

Suzy
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2007
7:43 PM

Post #3172964

:~) Gotta love the outlet malls!

Lana
tabasco
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2007
12:58 AM

Post #3176412

Ill., the big Prime Outlets Mall is near Jeffersonville, Ohio, on Interstate 71 between Cincy and Columbus. Is that the one you are talking about?

http://www.primeoutlets.com/centerinfo.asp?cntrId=1029

Some good stores there.

I would be happy to drive anywhere for the RU. How about some neat place in West Virginia? Or Kentucky. Or Dayton (Cox Arboretum) There are so many scenic choices...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2007
2:44 AM

Post #3176763

I wondered why nobody was discussing the RU on the ORVG daily thread. It's cause everybody is here. I am up for just about any location. Cincinnati is great, I can do Columbus, farther away means an overnighter, but I can do that too. I am marking this thread to watch,

May I suggest, Butler Park in Carrollton, Ky. It has good sites, and I could find out about the prices etc. Don't want to be "in charge" but will be willing to look at locations that may be suitable.
rox_male
Athens, OH

February 11, 2007
1:11 PM

Post #3177509

I am game for going almost anywhere. If we head towards Kentucky, I will definitely plan to visit BWilliams and his aroids nursery!

ROX
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2007
3:32 AM

Post #3180380

rox, where is that?
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2007
11:24 AM

Post #3180649

Brian's place is in Louisville, and is well worth a visit! Lots of fun and different plants, very reasonable prices, and cool display gardens and greenhouse. He's also completed his living wall in the tropical house and I'm looking forward to seeing it; there are great pics of it in the Tropicals forum.

Here's a link:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/682066/

This message was edited Feb 12, 2007 7:35 AM
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 12, 2007
11:29 PM

Post #3182788

Howie and I are just east of Columbus and can come down south with no problem. We're about 2.5 hours away from Cincy, so we'd probably stay overnight somewhere after the roundup and head home the next day.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
2:20 AM

Post #3183460

gemini, I knew that, my brain was on vacation when I asked that question. LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2007
2:31 AM

Post #3183501

For those of you who don't know KY well Carrollton is between Cincy and Louisville on Interstate 71.
Maybe an hour from here.

Ric
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
2:36 AM

Post #3183522

Just somebody give me a sign, and I will start some conversations with the park people. However, I am flexible, and can head north just as well.

For all you DL addicts, there are some fabulous daylily gardens that could be visited the next day. I could even arrange some tours, if you are interested. There is one in Finchville, one in Waddy, Cropper, and Georgetown. So that would make a full day of touring some beautiful gardens. Just thought I would throw that in, as an enticement.
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
3:14 AM

Post #3183665

Carrollton sounds like a good central location, and a daylily farm tour sounds like great fun!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
3:17 AM

Post #3183676

Okay, since I will be gone from Thursday till Sunday, I will start the telephone calls sometime the first of next week. I will get some prices for some shelters at Butler Park, and will start to call to see when it will be convenient to look at the daylily places.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
12:37 PM

Post #3184194

I'll have to look Carrollton up on the map. Who is coming from the other side of there or a few hours east or west?

Okay, I did look. That would be about 100 miles, 2 hours from me. That would prevent me from coming back a second day and I'm not sure about lodging there. I'd probably have to get two hotel rooms and bring extra clothes which would mean no room for plants. There is no way around me bringing all 6 kids and chances are likely that hubby will be working.

Peak bloom at the daylily gardens should be June-July.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
2:20 PM

Post #3184480

Okay, don't want to make it too difficult for anyone. Anybody else have suggestions? Ric, is there a park in Cincy that would be more centrally located?
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
2:23 PM

Post #3184491

I don't mean to be a PITA. I just have to be realistic. I normally bring a trunk full of plants and a car full of kids. LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
2:26 PM

Post #3184501

You are not being a PITA, with 6 kids, traveling must be a nightmare, and we want you to be a happy camper when you arrive, not stressed.

So let's get some other ideas tossed into this ring.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
3:31 PM

Post #3184691

If the majority can do KY, then by all means go ahead. I will make it if I can or possibly come one day or the other. I could probably have hubby take off one day or the other to drive separately or stay home with the kids, but would hate to give up 2 days at time and a half. LOL Our other issue would be the critters at home. They kind of like eating and going potty. ;)
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2007
4:05 PM

Post #3184796

There are tons of Parks here.
In fact two years ago Woodland Mound Park was the original site choosen.
Weather knocked us over to Tobasco's house.

Hmmm... if Chele's house hasn't sold maybe we could rent it for the weekend...

Ric
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
4:24 PM

Post #3184865

LOL Ric! I almost posted that I have a 3 bedroom house sitting empty. There is one minor problem. It is not furnished! All the appliances are there though and two full baths. It is supposed to be listed next week. I've not heard a date for the Round Up but if my prayers are answered the house will be sold really fast and way before any date you guys come up with!

Could you just see 20 people piled up, air mattresses, bags and suitcases of clothes, plants piled all over the yard and the real estate agent needing to show it??
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2007
6:14 PM

Post #3185204

Didn't Peggy mention a park last year that is south of Maysville? That would be a lot closer for Chele. Have you even set a date yet? That is going to determine whether I'm even allowed to make suggestions. LOL
Was there a problem with last year's park? I thought everyone had a good time... and they did put in a huge playground this year, AND all the bridges are open on 52. LOL

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
Click the image for an enlarged view.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2007
6:16 PM

Post #3185208

I loved the Park last year.
Pick a spot I'm there...

Ric
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2007
6:32 PM

Post #3185247

LOL Ric, do it after Memorial Day, and I could be there, just waay too much going on here with her graduation before.

I guess we could do a Graduation Roundup. We'll have a pig on the pit and lots of cake. LOL

But, then if there is anyone like me with new people phobia, that would exclude that, then again, maybe I'm the only person in the world with new people phobia.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 13, 2007
8:48 PM

Post #3185712

If you book it, they will come. ;)

This message was edited Feb 13, 2007 4:48 PM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2007
11:38 PM

Post #3186234

|I think last years round up site was nice The only thing, was it was chilly, but it was the first Saturday in May. So if we planned it a little later, so it would be warmer, I think it is a good venue.
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2007
10:38 AM

Post #3187266

And the daylily farms will be in bloom later :)
kevanrijn
Parkersburg, WV
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2007
6:37 PM

Post #3214949

Hi everyone. I've been lurking and watching this thread...'cause I hope to come to the RU/swap. Has anyone made any decision yet about where and when? I could go just about anywhere...of all the places mentioned, Columbus is probably the closest for me, but I don't care where it is, or when it is--I just want to come!
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2007
3:06 AM

Post #3216384

no reason that 2 or even 3 can't happen...a spring, early summer and fall. :)
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
3:09 AM

Post #3216394

I vote for a later spring one. Just as long as the weather requires no jackets!!
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2007
3:26 AM

Post #3216491

I'm counting chickens before they hatch, but...

If anybody wants to take a look at my DG Journal and see what I'm wintersowing, I'm pretty sure I'll have extras of everything (that germinates and grows.) LOL!

I can bring it for a trade or just bring it if you don't want to trade anything.

Suzy
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2007
4:35 AM

Post #3216637

Last year we did it May 6, and it was pretty chilly. This year it might be sweltering the first weekend in May, who knows with our crazy weather. Purely selfish reasons, what about June 2, the first Saturday in June? If that's not good, that is fine too, just thought I'd throw a date out there.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
5:03 AM

Post #3216667

Hey Melissa, that is good with me, I have pencil poised to write in that date on my calendar. Now just get others on this band wagon!!
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2007
6:21 AM

Post #3216717

Here is our picture/story thread from last year

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/599313/

And here is one of our group shots--I like the ones from further away, they make me look smaller. OK, so I humor myself.

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rox_male
Athens, OH

February 23, 2007
4:13 PM

Post #3217577

June 2 is good for me. I'll bring the cake; it's my birthday!
ROX
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
4:19 PM

Post #3217600

Melissa, are you the one who rented the park last year? Would you mind doing that again, and I can send you my share any time. June 2 is great with me also.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2007
4:21 PM

Post #3217608

Yes Bonnie, if that is where everyone wants to go.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
4:25 PM

Post #3217620

I will post it over in the ORVG daily chat, and everybody can come here to chime in. Thanks.
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
5:04 PM

Post #3217722

That works well for me too. Its after the busiest part of spring.

Rox, you're a gemini too! My Bday is the 4th :)
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2007
6:22 PM

Post #3217918

Works for me. Hope I can keep these plants alive til then LOL!

Suzy
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
7:04 PM

Post #3218041

Another Gemini chiming in. :) June 9th!
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2007
7:16 PM

Post #3218070

Also, a Gemini! June 18th. I knew I liked you for some strange reason, Chele! LOL

Lana
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
7:19 PM

Post #3218076

LOL Our good twins and bad twins must line up at the same time. ;)
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
7:21 PM

Post #3218082

So many of us, especially considering that we're supposed to exhibit the dual qualities of the twins. I've been told I can carry on two conversations at once; guess it must be true, lol.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
7:52 PM

Post #3218173

LOL Apparently I can carry on a few while reading, cooking, bathing, showering, using the bathroom...that might just be a mom talent too. HA!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
8:01 PM

Post #3218209

Hey, it looks like it is gonna happen. Already marked it on the calendar.
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2007
8:20 PM

Post #3218256

They must, Chele. My bad twin has been out a lot lately how about yours? ;~) With all those kids you'd have to be an expert multi-tasker!

Lana

This message was edited Feb 23, 2007 4:22 PM
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2007
8:32 PM

Post #3218284

You know, I have to have surgery in a couple of weeks and I won't be allowed to talk for three days! I've already warned the kids, if they are bad, I'm just gonna smack in the buns. Yelling is probably the biggest part of the problem! Hmm, maybe we could turn this into a game where NO ONE is allowed to talk for 3 days. Mmmm hmmm, sure!
rox_male
Athens, OH

February 23, 2007
10:21 PM

Post #3218513

Wow...I'll bring a big cake with lots of candles for all the gemini birthdays!

And lots of plants. Seriously we have to start organizing the swaps so I can grow seeds and pot plants accordingly. Heah, it's only 3 months a a week away now! LOL

I think I'm feeling a little giddy because Spring has started...well sort of...I have my first bloom in the garden (other than hellebore). It's a little iris reticulata!
ROX
DustyDS
Sugar Valley, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2007
11:22 PM

Post #3218654

The date is terrific... Daughters Bday is the 3rd... LOL ... Now tell me where it is so I know if I can go...

Congrats on the bloom Rox...I have blooming S%$#@ on the ground...If I dont make it, just give my plants to Ric, and let me know what I owe you and I will be sure he has it at the RU...

Dusty
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2007
1:04 AM

Post #3218949

You can and will go Dusty!
It's about 30 minutes east of me...so 1 1/2 hours or so for you...

http://www.higginsportohio.com/chilo.html

Ric
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2007
1:53 AM

Post #3219121

Dusty, if I can do 4 hours, you can do the 1 1/2.

Okay, now we need to start a thread for trades. Or I have, and I want list. We can also list things that we have plenty of that we can bring. Sort of a I have it, and you can take it type thing.

Then we need a thread for food.

Ilioquin, we will continue to use this one for just general chat about the round up. Okay folks?
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 24, 2007
3:07 AM

Post #3219297

Yeah, then we need sort of a gambler's thread.for things we'll have if they sprout and grow. ROTFL!

Suzy
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2007
3:29 AM

Post #3219358

oh wow, we should call this the ORV BIRTHDAY roundup!

Chele, I tried to call you today I was wondering what you found out. The number I have for you goes to some kind of school now.
I'll call the park district tomorrow, if they aren't there then I'll call monday AM.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2007
3:35 AM

Post #3219372

Thanks Melissa!!
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2007
4:56 AM

Post #3219477

DH's birthday is June 29th :~) Sometimes we celebrate our birthdays at the same time.

Lana
DustyDS
Sugar Valley, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2007
1:24 PM

Post #3219897

An or so drive is fine with me...I was just concerned about leaving the man and the dogs on an overnight type...I just couldn't do it...There are still days I come home and the dogs are out of food or water unless I fill the bowls myself in the morning before I leave to go to work or wherever...He just simply forgets... :-(

Now that I have a *human job* the days are not an issue anymore due to work.. so plan on.. Im in!!

Dusty
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2007
1:29 PM

Post #3219915

Good to hear it Dusty. Look forward to meeting you.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2007
5:13 PM

Post #3220481

We'll hire a babysitter for him Dusty so NO problem... lol
Hey anyone heard from Ester?
I sent S/Ogardener a DMAIL...

Ric
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2007
5:17 PM

Post #3220493

Dusty, if you think he'd enjoy the outing, by all means bring him! There is always great food and a full range of topics to entertain. It is fairly flat there and if he needs his chair, that should be easy enough to manage. Think of all the help that will be there! If he gets out of line, I'll send the kids over to drive him nuts. :)

Ric, have you emailed Esther? I don't think she checks in quite as much. She's always enjoyed the get togethers and was ready to hit the road when I emailed her last year.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2007
5:25 PM

Post #3220528

He would love being there Dusty, but prying him out of the house... lol
And I GUARANTEE you all would love meeting him... he spins a yarn as good as Shoe...

Ester hasn't posted to Dave's in a while and I wasn't sure if she and her DH were OK...

Ric
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2007
6:45 PM

Post #3223974

Howie's birthday is June 2, so a June roundup would be in keeping for him, too. :) June 9th, then?
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2007
7:52 PM

Post #3224223

June 9th? I thought we said June 2nd.

Badseed is your birthday June 9th? I think that's what the post was referring to. Not sure.

Suzy
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2007
8:34 PM

Post #3224387

Well, if you want to have it in my honor...ROTFLOL Yes, June 9th is my birthday. I think the dates just got confused.

I think they are aiming for June 2nd.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
1:32 AM

Post #3225281

June 2nd is the day I asked Melissa to check for the park. If it is not available that day, would the 9th, be a good second choice?
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2007
1:56 AM

Post #3225332

Absolutely
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2007
2:40 AM

Post #3225418

Oh, whoops! Well, June 2nd is out for us. Howie wants to do something else for his b-day, I guess. }:-(

This message was edited Feb 25, 2007 10:41 PM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
3:00 AM

Post #3225467

gardenwife, would you rather we plan it for the 9th? It is still open to discussion.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2007
3:45 AM

Post #3225674

I don't want you to plan it all around us, not if the 2nd works for everyone else. Maybe I can work on him. ;)
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
4:16 AM

Post #3225729

|Let's keep the discussion open, I for one would like to meet both of you.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2007
2:26 PM

Post #3226461

Either weekend works for me as far as I know :)
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
3:28 PM

Post #3226645

Others, please chime in on this issue. We don't want to have anybody that can't attend. Either date works for me.
DustyDS
Sugar Valley, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2007
5:18 PM

Post #3226940

2nd or 9th is fine with me...We will see if Jim is coming when I get ready to go out the door..LOL
He has his bad days, and his better days...

Dusty
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2007
5:46 PM

Post #3227025

I should have checked here before I called. The park is reserved for June 2, but I called them back a couple of minutes ago, and the 9th is open right now as well, but we need to decide SOON. I can't remember when I booked last year, but our first choice was taken I do believe, possibly even our second.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
9:30 PM

Post #3227738

Okay, folks, tell Melissa what we want to do, book the June 9th date? or decide on another date? Quick, hurry, hurry, so we can get a spot.
DustyDS
Sugar Valley, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2007
9:32 PM

Post #3227748

I vote 9th...

Dusty
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
9:35 PM

Post #3227756

Sounds good to me!
Neal
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2007
10:21 PM

Post #3227866

Hoookay, now Howie says the 2nd is fine - that either is. So we're open to whichever date y'all want. You now have it in writing. LOL
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2007
10:26 PM

Post #3227877

The 9th is fine with me
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2007
10:41 PM

Post #3227925

I'm not sure if I was clear in my eariler post, the park is booked in my name on the 2nd, but, when I called back the 9th is available too, we've got one date reserved, so we have a couple of days to decide which one. I just don't want to wait too long to change it if that is what we're going to do. Either one is fine with me. The guy couldn't quite understand why I wanted "Dave's Garden" on the sign when my name is Melissa. I said, well... that is shorter than writing Ohio River Valley Regional Round Up isn' t it?

He snickered and agreed.

Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
10:42 PM

Post #3227929

I think I misunderstood earlier. I thought you meant someone else booked it the 2nd. LOL
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2007
10:42 PM

Post #3227933

I like the 2nd better.

Lana
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2007
10:44 PM

Post #3227945

When I came back and read it, I misunderstood my own post, so you're not alone!

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
10:48 PM

Post #3227953

Okay, I vote we go with the original date of June 2nd, since Melissa has already booked it, and that way gardenwife and Howie will be there too. Since we have so many June birthdays, let's make it a birthday celebration.

Everybody okay with the 2nd then?

I think I misunderstood the post too, I thought you were saying the park was taken for the 2nd. Okay, seems we all were reading it the same way. Those things happen.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
12:17 AM

Post #3228219

I think I'll start another thread for other things to visit down here. I'm sure others will have other ideas. The Reds are away that weekend.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
12:55 AM

Post #3228357

2nd is fine w/ us

Ric
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
2:54 AM

Post #3228812

Ric, do we need to put the thread over in the roundup forum, and email folks who can't access that area?

Are we going to do arrival time 10-noon again?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
3:10 AM

Post #3228901

Thanks Melissa for doing the reservation. I think the 10:00 to noon, is a good idea. Although last year, after we ate folks started leaving. So maybe a 10:00 start time would give time to visit before the meal and the plant swap.

Melissa how much is the rental fee? Let me know and I can send some money so that you won't have your's tied up till June.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
7:09 AM

Post #3229268

It's fine Bonnie, it's the same as last year, 50.00. Nice to see some things haven't gone up!!
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
7:14 AM

Post #3229272

Here is the link for the "other things to do in Cincy" for anyone wanting to make a weekend out of it.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/696429/
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
10:45 AM

Post #3229371

Hey Guys,

Since I'm new to all this I've just been sitting back and watching how it all unfolds. I'd love to come if you'll have me and my schedule permits, but it's too soon for me to be able to make a firm committment. Can I wait until closer to the date to pitch in my share of any expenses?

La
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
12:40 PM

Post #3229668

ANSWER NOW!

hahahahaha Okay, you have until tomorrow! :)

I do hope that we will get to meet you! Between fresh from Florida Dusty and her empty yard and your garden/tropical newness, it will be a toss up to see who gets' forced, I mean to see which newbie is gifted the leftover plants. LOL

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
12:58 PM

Post #3229729

You don't have to commit, just come on down if your schedule permits.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
1:22 PM

Post #3229810

defoe, stop that. Tell her she has to come! LOL
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
3:32 PM

Post #3230170

You gals are very welcoming...um...I think. LOL. I do have both seed-started annuals as well as perennials so maybe I'd even have something to share. :D
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
3:35 PM

Post #3230175

No pressure Lala.
Has your schedule cleared yet? LOL
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
3:52 PM

Post #3230230

LOL! My work is so unpredictable I probably won't know until a couple of weeks ahead of time, but it would be great to meet you all, and yes, to get forced...I mean gifted with some of your "leftovers." You all seem to be great friends. I feel a bit like an outsider, but you all also seem very friendly and welcoming.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
3:55 PM

Post #3230235

As far as chipping in Lala, last year we just waited to see how many members we had show up then divided that number into 50. It's not really fair to split it among everyone that shows up, because then those who bring spouses and kids are eating the lions share of the cost. So, don't worry about anything other than getting your schedule cleared and having enough room in your vehicle to haul plants home.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
4:19 PM

Post #3230301

I was the newbie last year and I brought home a ton of things. I especially enjoyed all the sun coleous! Those were so pretty and got so nice and big. I was really mad at myself because I waited too long to take cuttings and they got frosted. I also got a bunch of nice tomatoes and ornamental grasses. ALl I brought were some cactus and tomatoes.. Dh was giving me a hard time because I brought as many tomatoes back as I gave away.. oops..
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
4:22 PM

Post #3230311

LOL Jazz! Roundups are definitely a great way to clear out your overstock but somehow you just fill the spaces tighter than they were!
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
5:04 PM

Post #3230447

Do we need to assign folks to take care of different things?

Chele takes care of the trades and resulting threads

We need someone for Food organization, Doorprizes, Name tags, what else?
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
5:37 PM

Post #3230540

Someone needs to manage birthday cakes by the sound of things. LOL
Oh, and someone should bring a fire extinguisher!!!
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
8:03 PM

Post #3231563

How do you pre-organize trades? This will be my first round up, and I'm soooo excited! In preparing to move, I'm digging and potting a lot of my hardiest perennials now (75 gallon pots ready to go), and I'm finding they've really multiplied in the last couple of years. I got 10 'Silver Shadows' Heuchera from one I bought in '05. The least I've gotten out of a Heuchera so far is 5. Anyhow, I'm thrilled to be able to show up with some good stuff! Michelle, maybe we can finally trade some goodies like we talked about last summer :)

Neal
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
8:18 PM

Post #3231607

I am getting excited about it too. Since this is the 2nd one, I can say I am a veteran!!

Neal, just go over to the ORVG Trade forum and claim a spot. Then start listing what you have to trade, and someone will come along, and say I would like to have that "apple" would you like a banana in return, hence a trade is made.

I always have plenty of tomatos, and I have many annuals started, so I will wait until closer to time to see just what I will have.

If anybody is looking for a particular kind of tomato, let me know, and I will start it just for you. I plan to have about 50 varieties, mostly heirlooms.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
8:22 PM

Post #3231626

Neal, you are moving??? Something tells me I have missed some posts. LOL

You just post what you have and others post what they have. If you see something you want, you ask for it and others will do the same of you. Then you can leave a post like:

MY TRADES:
defoecat has: Sedum Autumn Joy
wants: Pennisetum Hameln

badseed has: Musa basjoo
wants: Heuchera Silver Shadows

Melissa has: 6 heirloom tomatoes
wants: Lilium casablanca

It does not have to be any certain form so long as you know what you are trading who. By posting, we can all double check each other.

We have been *trying* to trade for awhile. :)

Now tell me about this move! When and where? LOL
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
8:39 PM

Post #3231680

Excellent! I wondered if it should be here or the trading forum; this makes more sense :)

Yes I'm moving to Winchester! To an old farm house with a barn and gardens sheds (that I've been sorely grieved by the lack thereof, lol). There are lots of mature trees, including some lovely spruces, and flowering shrubs, and oddly, they are planted in wonderful spots! The thing I'm most excited about is that I'll have SUN! I have really enjoyed living in the woods, but having so few areas that even get 6 hours of sun is quite the limitation, especially for a rose lover. With all the mature trees, all my shade goodies will have great homes too. The official move in date is May1, but I have permission to go ahead and start moving plants. Trying to do everything I can to get a head start; there are 75 lily bulbs in my fridg now, lol.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
8:45 PM

Post #3231706

Winchester in Ohio or Kentucky??

That sounds like quite and adventure and quite a load of work. I may know a little bit about both!

Getting our house loan and insurance and inspections was all a little weird and time consuming so I had to pot everything or cart it in Kroger bags! Such fun!

It really sounds like you are getting a dream come true. :)

When are we going to see some pictures???? Good thing I am not the pushy sort.
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
8:58 PM

Post #3231747

Thats Winchester, KY. I bet you do know what I've got ahead of me, you're probably still sore from your move! This time I'm certainly getting lots of pics from the beginning. Now that the weather is finally cooperating I should be able to get over there and start digging holes for all the woodies. The image of the "march of the Ents" from Lord of the Rings popped in my head, lol.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
12:40 AM

Post #3232472

That's my Family's old stompin' ground Neal!
Right on the river just downstream from Boonesboro...

LaLa don't feel leftout... just jump in...
This will be my 3rd RU... many people at Dave's do that many in a month...
most people never do them at all...

Many of us do though get together, physically or in spirit, as our paths cross in the night..
Chele and I have known each out for 15 or so years... but we're not friends...
I believe I'm the only one to meet Dusty so far in the months since she's been up here from FL... but we're 'Old Souls'...
defoecat and I both post to a Coffee and... Forum over at the Barking Lot...
Rox and I do the Tropicals and Aroids Forums

As you get comfortable here at Dave's you will find your niche...

Ric
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
1:44 AM

Post #3232686

Ric? We are not friends??

Lala, I missed that you said that earlier. I am so sorry! I've not met some of the people and won't claim some of the others (LIKE RIC!).

We're all a big family and would grab you and hug you just like we'd known you twenty years! It's the most bizarre thing when we have these get togethers, it's always like the "good old days" even though there weren't any.

I really do hope you come!

And Ric, Dusty adopted me so plllllllllllllllllllllllll!!
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
1:46 AM

Post #3232697

Michelle, I think you should ask Ric why he's not your friend on the "Barking Lot" forum, hehehe.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #3232710

LOL If he's not my friend, next time he comes pruning my plants, I am gonna hand him a bill!

I let him "fish" in my pond too. Sigh...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
1:57 AM

Post #3232749

Don't pout Badseed, if Ric doesn't want to play with you, I have places to fish, garden, hunt, ride horses, pet dogs and kittys, and would love for you to come take advantage of the facilities.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
2:00 AM

Post #3232761

LOL!
Chele you're not a friend...you're Family... Dusty called that one right...

Lala she's right, there is really something rather odd about the first meeting of DG'ers.
It's not the polite and reserved handshake you would expect...
But since it actually is a meeting w/ history and a common thread...
Hugging is the proper response.

Ric
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
2:09 AM

Post #3232797

Ric, you making those meatballs again? Your answer may determine what time I get there.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
2:42 AM

Post #3232950

Yes for sure Keftedes will be on the menu...
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
3:04 AM

Post #3233074

Bonnie, I was thinking Ric and Robyn could come to my house early and make the meatballs, maybe a double batch, and at least batch one would still be hot when they got there. :) Those were fabulous weren't they?

I have to agree with what everyone else has said... I'm a very shy person around people I don't know. Crowd phobia, who knows, but I didn't feel uncomfortable, even though the only people I actually knew were Peggy and Michele, and she was LATE!

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
3:24 AM

Post #3233113

So now this year you know lots of peeps, Michelle. The only regret that I had from last year, I didn't feel like I got to talk to everyone long enough. I know I didn't talk to you much, and I know that each person has a wealth of information that I would be interested in.

So let's plan on coming early, and staying late, in order to get all the talking/visiting done.
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2007
4:11 AM

Post #3233235

I hope I get to be there. It would be my first RU, believe it or not, after all these years! I will have to start saving babysitting money :~) Geez, get me and Chele together and who knows what will happen!

Lana
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
4:59 AM

Post #3233308

Don't do a babysitter, bring them with you.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
10:07 AM

Post #3233471

Michelle brings 6 or so... what's a few more?
Unless you babysit in that case Michelle brings 6 or so...

I think mystic and I were the first there... well actually Robyn and I ... and after opening the Auto Shop amoung the last to leave... it's an all day event...

Ric
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
11:02 AM

Post #3233530

Tell ya what Melissa, you come to my house, dress all six kids, keep them clean until the car pulls out of the driveway and pack all my plants the night before and I'll get there on time. LOL OH, make them not fight too, pleeeeeeaase!

Lana you better show up! Now you've gone and teased me! Bring the kids! Heck, I drove 7 hours to TN with five of mine for the first ever RU and one was only 6 months old. I can't say I was the pictures of 'nerves of steel' when I arrived but I did it. ;)

I wish I had a crystal ball that could tell me what the weather would be! We could have a tent city here and hang out. I really wish I could afford the house next door! It would make a great guest house!

Ric, I'm gonna let the kids kick you in the knee caps!
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 28, 2007
1:06 PM

Post #3233795

Oohhh.. watch out if the one decides she has a "nail to pick with you" Ric!!
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
4:37 PM

Post #3234460

ROTFLOL
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2007
5:23 PM

Post #3234601

Yes, I babysit though not right now cause the Mom's boyfriend is laid off work and has been keeping him. He was suppose to go back to work this week but the weather didn't cooperate. So I will NOT be bringing any kids...except my DH! LOL I hope I hope I hope I get to come.

Lana
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 28, 2007
5:24 PM

Post #3234605

Thanks all, it sounds like great fun! I can't really say I have a "new people phobia" ...well maybe unless all the new people already know each other, LOL. But for the most part I'm not really a shy person and you've each made me feel very comfortable and welcome. I'll keep watching the thread, and I'm sure the more I watch the more anxious I'll be to join you!
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2007
5:35 PM

Post #3234633

On DG even if a bunch of us know each other we always welcome newcomers. We're gardening friends not a closed to everyone else clique. :~)

Lana
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
6:37 PM

Post #3234789

Laura this is Michele: http://davesgarden.com/photo.php?member=Badseed "HI LAURA! Nice to meet you!".
((((LALA))))
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
6:40 PM

Post #3234800

Chele, you could always camp here the night before too, then I'd help you get them dressed, and we'd get there on time!
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
6:41 PM

Post #3234801

Farfugium! It ate the rest of my message!

((((LALA)))) is your cyber hug!!

What you need to know...

Some of us are fat, some bald, some wear glasses, some wear ugly shoes, most wear jeans, some have hardware and turtle shells...basically, we're just a bunch of abnormal folks. LOL

If you ever want to take a road trip and meet any of us, we'd all be glad for the visit!
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2007
6:08 AM

Post #3236640

Chele you are a very friendly gal not to mention downright pretty. 'Tis true I fight the weight, I wear glasses (when I'm not pretending I don't need them), and I wear jeans every day. But my shoes are always straight out of Vogue. Just kidding, LOL

If I should be lucky enough to be in attendance at the RU I'll be sure to post a pic first so you'll know where the frumpy chic with the dazzling shoes fits in ;-)
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2007
4:40 PM

Post #3237628

oooohhhh... shoes!!! I just mainly pet them in the stores before i go off and buy some tennies..
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2007
4:57 PM

Post #3237686

LOL See! You are weird enough to fit right in!

I had 300 pair of shoes with matching handbags when hubby and I were dating. Got married, decided to eat! It's so much more fun to eat when you cook for and eat with others! Then came six kids between 1993 and 2004. My foot size went up about a 1/2 size per kid! Had to give away all my cool shoes...and purses. Most days, I live in the grunge! I live to work if the sun is shining. Yeah, I still feed the kids, talk to them sometimes too. :)

I do attempt to clean my hands and feet of dirt stains before going out in public...

Melissa, just caught your offer. You'd be insane to have all of us for a sleep over! Or were you just trying to get a nights work out of me? LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
1:18 AM

Post #3239234

I subscribe to Shoe's philosophy, less is better, when it comes to footwear.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2007
1:50 AM

Post #3239351

you caught me! We'd have a blast though, the kids could swim, we could cook. :)
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
2:13 PM

Post #3240770

But those poor boys of yours...one tries to be friendly and they ignore him and the other just wants to just play and they drive him nuts!
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2007
6:32 PM

Post #3241521

hmm are they related to cats?
greenthumb_NC
Charlotte, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2007
1:46 PM

Post #3267489

This is an official "PROBABLY". I am in the midst of packing boxes, cleaning, changing things etc. in preparation for a move into the Charlotte, North Carolina area. I've just initiated the contact with the realtor for my own house. I have to have my house in near tiptop condition all the time while living here. Who knows when my house will sell? If I'm lucky, I'll be able to move in the summertime. If I'm not so lucky, it will be during the time that school is in session and my grandaughter will be uprooted whenever. There are quite a few factors which will inhibit starting seeds as I've done in the past & I don't have the initiative to make my house as pretty as before. I intend to take as many plants as I can to NC and not leave many. So, I don't know how many plants I'll be able to bring. Things are up in the air here!! I'll see how things go.

Karin
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 10, 2007
3:09 PM

Post #3267745

I did email Esther and she and hubby are planning to attend. She should be checking in soon.

Karin, I'm sorry to hear you are moving so far away. I'm jealous you are going somewhere warmer! :) I hope it all works out well for you. I moved in 2005 and I'm still not settled. LOL
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 10, 2007
5:27 PM

Post #3268055

Oh, wow, North Carolina? You'll always be an honorary member of ORV, Karin. :)
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2007
12:23 AM

Post #3269106

Wow ya'll have been busy. How nice of you to have a RU on Howie's and my birthday. I don't know yet if I will be able to make it. I have a trip planned that weekend but looks like it might fall through. So hopefully I can make it. It will be great to see old friends and meet new ones as well.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 11, 2007
12:47 AM

Post #3269180

But if you don't come who will keep Robyn and I company whilst we're waiting for everyone else? lol
(Have Jumper Cables will Travel!)
Ric
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2007
12:52 AM

Post #3269205

Hah, I need to remember not to leave the hatch open with interior light on. lol
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2007
3:00 AM

Post #3269480

Hey, Mystic, want me to swing by and pick you up. Er, I can if I don't have a load of plants!! Don't know if twin sister is coming with me or not. If she doesn't may just take another route, a more direct route for me. When I came last year, I went to Flemingsburg, and picked her up, and I think I can do a straight shot up I71, and it would be closer. I have to get my atlas out and look. No matter the route, I will be there, if I have all my limbs working, and my sight isn't gone, hey I'll be there anyway, if I am handicapped, DH can drive me.

Well gonna check some other forums and then to bed.

Don't forget to set your clocks before you retire.

Good night.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 11, 2007
5:11 AM

Post #3269888

Oh, Peggy! I hope your plans fall through and you can make it! :)
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2007
2:01 AM

Post #3272083

Bonnie I wondered if you would be coming this way again. When you are in town be sure and let me know. GW I think I will be able to make it. The trip I don't think is going to work out but will have to get back early for plans with the family.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2007
2:18 AM

Post #3272119

Haven't seen you in *ages* Peggy. It'll be good to hug your neck.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2007
1:21 PM

Post #3272933

I started a new thread since this one is over 150 posts now :)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/700804/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ohio River Valley Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Plant Lists with Invasives? tabasco 80 Aug 1, 2011 6:49 AM
Let's go gardening! Terry 1 Jul 9, 2008 12:16 AM
Adams County Amish Bird Symposium: March 3, 2007 tabasco 6 Sep 7, 2008 10:34 PM
Cincinnati Flower Show 2007 "Play in the Dirt" tabasco 18 Apr 21, 2007 7:48 AM
2007 ORVG TRADE THREAD defoecat 150 May 25, 2007 1:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America