Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Camping Harris Beach prior to Tree Care Lecture

Beaverton, OR

Looks like I'm going to be speaking on Tree Care to the Brookings / Harbor (Oregon) Garden Club in February.

Then it crossed my mind that I may as well camp next door at Harris Beach State Park, one of my favorites.

http://www.mdvaden.com/harris_beach_state_park.shtml

So rain or shine, I'm going to take my small trailer with me and set up camp one day early and make the most out of it. I'll have time after the presentation to stop and hike in the Redwood forest for a while.

It's almost never too cold for me to camp.

One idea for people who may get cold at night, but have access to campgrounds with electric hookups - assuming you are tenting - try an electric blanket.

By the way, the image included here, was taken standing in one of the A - LOOP campsites of Harris Beach State Park. This is the view seen from several of the sunset / west side of A Loop campsites.

Thumbnail by mdvaden
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

It is always good to sleep near the sound of pounding waves and when it is mixed with the shine of sun WOW!

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

I sleep like the dead when I am near the ocean. Getting tired just thinking about it.

Willis

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

my hubby is in oregon this week for work. i am very jealous...he went to cannon beach yesterday with some co-workers and they had a perfect day there with sun shine and a lite sea breeze.

anyways, harris beach SP looks great! i am sure you will not have to deal with too many people this time of year. i like your idea for the electric blanket (i am a cold sleeper). hubby would laugh though..., but why not if there are electrical outlets and it is cold out. plus it is a good idea if you have little ones that you want to make sure stay warm.

have a good trip!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.