Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: First Gardens: Great article!

Communities > Forums > Article: First Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Article: First GardensReplies: 4, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tcsister
Summersville, KY

January 31, 2007
7:43 PM

Post #3142779

Hi TC! I really enjoyed your article. .It brought back many memories of gardens of "yesteryear"! It's great to read a nice gardening article on a bitterly cold Winter day. My suggestion to anyone contemplating their very first garden is to start right now with your planning and research.
Once you begin gardening, you will never want to quit!
Again, great article!

Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2007
8:50 PM

Post #3142969

Ditto what she said, TC! (And a big howdy to you, TC's sister!)

Looking forward to reading some more articles in the future, TC!

I was cleaning out the tool closet the other day of broken-handled shovels, bent rakes, etc and was reminded of an article (or maybe a post on DG) about how you turned old tools into Yard Art (faces on shovels, etc). That might be good this time of year to write about while we all have a bit of "easy time" left before the gardening season really kicks in, eh?

Shoe.
tcfromky
Mercer, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #3143996

Thanks Sis! You said it: "Once you begin gardening, you will never want to quit."

Shoe, that's a great suggestion. It's almost seed starting time too and I have a mind to tell folks how to make a really cheap grow light shelving unit.
tcsister
Summersville, KY

February 2, 2007
1:02 AM

Post #3147392

Hi TC and a big "Howdy" back to you, Shoe! About turning old tools into yard art. . I have actually done that with great success! It is a fun way to "recycle" AND add your personal touch to a spot in your garden or flower bed. And yes, it would be a GREAT project for a lazy Winter Saturday. Then, come Spring, you've got new yard art that you created yourself!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2009
2:41 PM

Post #7020770

Hi--I noticed your Late Blight article today and realized I had some catching up to do, reading your previous ones. This one reminded me of some of the clues I could have had early that I'd be a lifelong plant person--like having plants in my room as a teenager, and starting cactus from seed way back then.
Now tc-- an article about your sister's yard art would be in order...
Keep 'em coming!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: First Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lessons learned :) Dea 3 Mar 1, 2010 4:19 PM
house plants coorslite 0 Jan 27, 2008 4:22 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America