Photo by Melody

Beginner Landscaping: Landscape Transformation - join me!

Communities > Forums > Beginner Landscaping
bookmark
Forum: Beginner LandscapingReplies: 7, Views: 303
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LarissaH
Denton, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2007
12:02 PM

Post #3165789

Hello, and I would like to invite you into my journey. I'm relatively at the beginning. I plan on seeing it through to the end. Wait...there never is an end in gardening, what was I thinking...

Anyway, I have written extensively in my diary and included tons of pictures.

I would love comments, questions, suggestions, about what I am doing with my small patch of the world. It started out rough, but one day...man oh man.

http://davesgarden.com/journal/d/m/LarissaH/

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2007
4:17 PM

Post #3172371

Hi Larissa,
I think you've done a great job so far and have great plans, too. I applaud your vision. You have worked hard! Good thing to try to get rid of those Evil Weeds- they look like relatives to something that my sister battles(and battles, and battles...) , that has tubers, so watch for sprouts!
you sure you want to pit jap. honeysuckle against the other stuff? you may never get rid of it...if your moonflowers do well, they'll be aggressive against it too, and you can decide next year if you want it again. Or morning glories will persist and self sow and maybe more attractive. But I do love the smell of honeysuckle myself too...
I hope Stinky knows that dirt In the house is not for him; surely Angel would never be naughty to your seedlings.
Need any four o clock seeds? I might have some, but then again, they self sow so I may not have saved. Probably easy to find for trade.
Again, thanks for the invite, congrats on hard work and persistence paying off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LarissaH
Denton, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2007
6:43 PM

Post #3172827

I know jap. honeysuckle is sort of unorthodox and frowned apon, but I'm thinking the partial woodland shade, heat of Texas, my neglect and maybe grazing horses might keep it under control a bit. Frankly, I don't care if the whole fence it taken over by it, it's pretty. The other stuff is not. Blech.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2007
1:14 AM

Post #3173794

anything's better than that briar - vine stuff.. You have a point about the shade and heat- my experience with it is MD which is pretty comfy for lot of things. It is not the worst invasive we have around here

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2007
4:18 PM

Post #3175127

I posted on this thread the other night and now it's not here. What's going on?

Jeri
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 10, 2007
4:57 PM

Post #3175202

I think Larissa has a similar thread on the Garden Design forum too--maybe your post is over there instead?

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 11, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #3176627

Yes she d-mailed me and told me. I thought I was going crazy. Which may not be too far from the truth. LOL

Jeri
LarissaH
Denton, TX
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2007
2:31 AM

Post #3248934

jeri, you are crazy, but so am I so I respect that.

I'm so excited, the weather is warming up and I got lots of seedlings begging to be planted!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Landscaping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Landscaping forum! dave 65 Dec 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new , and I need some landscaping help. Mrsfed04 32 Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Encourage growth to Arborvitae carbo3595 15 Jul 2, 2010 8:11 PM
Update on our lanscaping situation. Mrsfed04 8 Jun 12, 2011 11:31 AM
inexpensive groundcover Michiline 35 May 26, 2009 2:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America