Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Gardening Questions: New Garden in Az

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 4, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
newhobby
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 12, 2007
6:40 PM

Post #3181846

I was hoping someone from the Phoenix area would have plant suggestions for me. I really want to get into gardening and have been doing it by trial and error. This last freeze killed two of my well established trees and several of my hardy plants. My yard gets full to partial sun the majority of the year. I have one area I would like to develope more that gets about 2-3 hours sun in mid-day. It's more moist thanks to the irrigation my husband laid down for me. Any ideas on types of plants that will thrive and bring a bit of color to my yard? Thanks and happy growing!
BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2007
2:27 AM

Post #3183489

your trees may not be truly dead... there is a thread going in Southwest Garden about the frost damage. And the gals down around Phoenix would jump right on your question if you posted it over in the Southwest Forum. heres the thread: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/691718/

Welcome to DG. you'll find help as soon as the helpers find you.
~Blooms
newhobby
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2007
4:14 PM

Post #3184828

Thanks Blooms! I reposted into that thread
dbarry
Tucson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2007
4:07 AM

Post #3200768

mexican bird of paradise,lantana, desert sage,are a few that i know of, that i currently have and i'm from tucson. check out your local nursery,or even home depot garden center,
lindagarden
Gilbert, AZ

February 20, 2007
3:28 PM

Post #3208110

Welcome and yes go to Southwest Gardening. That's where we all are.
Linda

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America