Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poppies: Starting to grow

Communities > Forums > Poppies
bookmark
Forum: PoppiesReplies: 3, Views: 259
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mrpoppy
Port Charlotte, FL

February 17, 2007
12:40 AM

Post #3197113

hi, I am sorta new to growing. I have grown with success in the past. Want to start again as I have alot of the Giganthenum strain. Anyone have success growing these and what do I need to look out for besides the usual : they don't like water and transplanting.
Also anyone have any Pods or know of anyone who sells their Pods>? I am looking for a supplier.
thanks
sublimaze1
Frisco, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2007
9:45 PM

Post #3202685

Asking about pods, I know ... but as for seeds ...

I actually have purchased seeds on e.bay ... most of the high rated sellers are seed sellers first, and ebayers second. It is easy and quick. Last batch I bought was by seller 'seedsandmore' ... havent put them in the ground yet, but got 12 variety for a really good price.

Anyway, my two cents

W J
mrpoppy
Port Charlotte, FL

March 4, 2007
4:06 AM

Post #3246083

You know, I have such...I have a TON of Gigantheum seeds. These are from the BIGGEST pods I have ever really seen. The grower drilled most of the 20,000 or so that I got but they didn't really shake the pods out?? So all the seed just poured out. They were probably in a hurry. Anyone know what I can do with it? I can't grow it in my climate. Too hot and plus no room. Its a shame to have all this seed. I have enough to fill quite a few 1 gallon milk jugs.
ALso if anyone knows about where to find the pods, I appreciate any help.
Thank you
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

March 6, 2007
4:46 AM

Post #3252755

What do you do with that many pods? Just wondering. What type of climate do they require to grow? Hot, Cold? would love to see some growing here.

Tammie

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Poppies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Poppy reference sources (and pictures too) balvenie 29 Oct 7, 2009 11:38 PM
Oriental poppies - seed or root stock? ghia_girl 15 Jun 22, 2010 12:12 AM
Meconopsis from seed picante 42 Oct 12, 2008 7:15 PM
7b-ers who are going to sow soon sublimaze1 7 Mar 9, 2007 7:36 PM
Winter-sowed Poppies Ticker 7 Apr 1, 2007 9:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America