Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Costa Rica must see's?

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Just found out I'll be going to Costa Rica in June! It'll be via sailing ship so I won't be free to create my own itinerary.
We will have a day in Quepos, a day in "Drakes Bay", and a day in "Golfito"...
Everywhere else we stop is un-named. :)

Any suggestions on what I should see. I'm especially interested in plants and birds!

Thanks,

Deb

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ohhh... Can I come, Deb? That's one of the places near the top of the list of places I want to visit someday...

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

LOL! Marylyn, come on down! It's always been on my list, too. That's why my friend was able to talk me into flying after 20 years of NOT flying. Of course, I still have 4 months to change my mind :)
Deb

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Don't change your mind. Get your doc to recommend a tranquilizer if you have fear of flying. Which coast will you be traveling along?

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Pajaritomt: It's the Pacific side. And I've asked my doctor for "assistance". :-)
Have you been to CR?
Deb

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, i have been to Costa Rica. It is a lovely and peaceful country. I have not been to the Pacific side but I hear it is the best for snorkeling and scuba diving. I know they have a lot of turtles there at one beach. Can't remember which one. There is lots of jungle and of course magnificent birds. I would be surprised if you didn't see toucans. My husband and I have often thought of taking a cruise along the Pacific coast. They take you places that cannot be reached from the interior of Costa Rica with hikes and lots of wild critters to see.
We went to the east coast because I wanted to see the huge green turtles laying their eggs under the protection of armed guards. We did. it was very interesting. I am sure there will be just as many interesting things on the west coast. I understand the seaside is nicer on the West.
Enjoy! I would love to be going, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.