-
AuthorContent
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2007
1:54 PM

Post #3214231

Hi All, are you ready for the houseplant swaps to get up and going again????????

If so here are the details.

I am now taking names, addresses and list of your haves/wants.

Please note that if you list rare or expensive plants you most likely will not receive them. Please do not expect to. I will try to match everyone up with at least one plant on their list. However sometimes this is not possible, so please be open to new ideas as well.

****If you wish to join please dmail me your name, addy, list of what you have to swap and what you would like to receive from the swap. - to expedite signups, please included all information on one dmail, I will then use that dmail to send your buddy. This is very important on make this go faster, everything this way is one dmail.

Rules are listed below.
1. Do not sign up if you only want free plants, this is a swap not a give away.
2. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4, however these should be different plants, not 4 of the same (the smaller number will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.
3. Sign ups will runs until March 2nd.
4. Mail by date is March 31st or you can mail sooner if you want to. Just make sure ok with your buddy.
5. Post to forum when you pkg is mailed and when you receive.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Last year we had 6 swaps, I would like to do these monthly until November when the weather starts getting colder or interest dies out. Let me know you thoughts comments or concerns.
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2007
3:03 PM

Post #3214386

Well Sharon,Nothing says *Spring* like you starting up houseplant swap again! LOL I guess I can toss my winter coat now? I'm ready!! Sign me up please! I will send you a d-mail with my haves and wants in a few days.Thanks soo much for getting this swap going again : )
Nancy
blue_eyes
Ashland, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2007
3:06 PM

Post #3214392

Sounds like fun! I really enjoyed this last year, and I'd love to join in!

:) Kim

Cambium

Cambium
Lamar, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2007
4:02 PM

Post #3214530

I'm pretty much starting over, being that I recently moved into a real home with a yard. I'll have lots to offer later but right now I don't have much available to share.

I do however have some variagated Spider plants that I'll throw into some sandy soil to get them started. If anyone is interested, I'd be able to share those. They're green with white margins.

I'm interested in getting some Sedums.

~*~ Suenell
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2007
5:11 PM

Post #3214726

Hi,
Have to go to doctors now but could I sign up I never did this before and will need help so if you dont mind helping I dont mind joining :-) we all have to start somewhere... :-)
Susan
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2007
6:22 PM

Post #3214919

For the new ones - you get need four starts of houseplants - seedlings, cuttings or babies, you send to the person I assign as your buddy, you may or may not send to the same person you receive from. Mail to that person by the mail todate and you are set.

We have had in the past some that didn't follow through with their obligation for whatever reason, I then will do the best I can at sending a make up box. I dont' want to see anyone not get a box in return.

Cambium - you would need four starts to join this swap. You may consider posting your have list on the plant trading forum and what you are interested in. I can send you some cuttings a little closer to spring to help you get started as well. Dmail me your addy privately if you are intersted.

in order to sign up you must send me a dmail with your have/wants and addy on it. Thanks. We have four so far.
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2007
5:58 AM

Post #3216711

I'm in! Will dmail when I figure out what all I have to share :~)

Lana
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 23, 2007
5:39 PM

Post #3217810

I'm, this is gonna be fun!

Cambium

Cambium
Lamar, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2007
5:59 AM

Post #3219525

Ya I can hardly wait!
missg
Philadelphia, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2007
11:25 AM

Post #3226041

Count me in
I will d mail you with my infor
Gale
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2007
4:43 PM

Post #3226848

I have 10 that have sent their complete info so far. please dmail me your info to be included.
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
3:11 PM

Post #3240962

Wow 16 signed up now. Anyone more takers before I start assigning buddies.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2007
6:11 PM

Post #3241468

Count me in. I'll try it. Thanks. Buttoneer
stownes
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 5, 2007
6:38 PM

Post #3250751

Just got my buddy assignment!
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2007
6:53 PM

Post #3250793

All buddies went out today. Enjoy all.
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2007
2:04 PM

Post #3267568

Has everyone heard from there buddies??? any ideas of what you are getting?? I cant wait... I am excited... I never did one of these before...
Susan

Cambium

Cambium
Lamar, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2007
2:07 PM

Post #3267579

I hadn't but then too, I haven't had time to get mine boxed up to send either. I plan on doing that tomorrow when I have nothing on my calendar.

~*~ Suenell
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 10, 2007
2:09 PM

Post #3267585

I'm checking weather.com for the area where I'm shipping to and will maybe send mine on Monday!
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2007
6:52 PM

Post #3268237

I'm planning to send mine out Monday. Weather here is supposed to be fair but the package is going all the way west :~( Hope it makes it OK.

Lana
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2007
1:32 PM

Post #3272953

Just be sure to post when you send or receive you pkgs.

I received a wonderful box from begoniacrazi on Friday, just before I left town for the weekend. She definately out did herself. She knew of a couple of philos I had been desiring fro quite some time. Var Spilt Leaf (monstera) and Burle Marx. I was on cloud nine for sure when I opened it. I also received some var wandering jew, another unknown philo family member, kalanchoe (spelled wrong), Begonia, arrowhead and a few others. I will have to take some pics of them.

Last week was a really down week for me and the box put the biggest smile on my face. Thanks Lali...
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2007
5:07 PM

Post #3273587

Cedarnest/Nancy: I put 2 boxes in the mail to you this morning ... Priority Mail, so they should arrive Wednesday or Thursday. I have been checking the 10 day forcast for zip codes at weather.com and it looks like y'all are warming up, so I took a chance and shipped today. The confirmation numbers for the P.O. are:

0306 2400 0001 9906 7939

0306 2400 0001 9905 8432

Let me know when they arrive. The first box has the Swap Plants and the second box has AV Optimara 'Annabelle'.

Lin
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2007
5:46 PM

Post #3273676

I'm sending my package out tomorrow. Was going to do it today but stayed up all night watching foal cams waiting for those babies to be born. They're not even mine! LOL I started a post on Equine forum for those interested. I missed one foaling today while I was cooking breakfast, (^*&$^&(&)*)(* &(^%! and darn.

Lana
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2007
5:51 PM

Post #3273691

Thanks Lin,I will be on the lookout.The weather here is great and I love it : )) I have 2 houseplant swaps to send off and am hoping to have them both in the mail tomorrow.I will be back with confirmation numbers as soon as I send.

Lana,I will have to check that foal cam out.It sounds wonderful : )

Nancy
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2007
6:09 PM

Post #3273768

Be careful, Nancy. It's addictive! I'm sitting here right now watching the new baby, the mare and the owner together in the stall.

Lana
blue_eyes
Ashland, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2007
6:16 PM

Post #3273785

The thing I miss the most about being on the farm was when the calves were born. I loved being a part of the whole experience. And seeing them walking after just a few minutes was always amazing to me.

Kim
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2007
6:23 PM

Post #3273802

Oh ... I would dearly love to live in the country ... I'm not sure about a farm, but that might be fun ... hard work, I'm sure, and I've never been on a horse in my life, but I just love little country towns and land!

My favorite magazines are "Country" and "Birds and Blooms" ... oh, and of course, all my gardening magazines!

Lin
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2007
6:29 PM

Post #3273815

I live in town, however a town of about 1500 so we are pretty country here. I love it.
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2007
6:37 PM

Post #3273838

I had a goat herd until I was in a car wreck in 2004. I miss them lots, especially in spring at kidding time. That was my busiest, hardest working time but I love mid-wifing and those new babies. I'm still watching the new foal on cam here http://www.marestare.com/twins.htm Was up walking around shaking his tail now he/she is resting at momma's feet. It's an Arabian.

Lana
pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA
(Zone 7b)

March 12, 2007
7:54 PM

Post #3274035

See the mama nudge it to make it move!?!! That is precious!

This message was edited Mar 12, 2007 3:55 PM
missg
Philadelphia, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2007
11:48 PM

Post #3274661

Susan/susan51
Your package is on the way.
your confir # is. 0306 3030 0002 4989 5491
I added a little surprise hope you enjoy it
Gale
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2007
2:39 AM

Post #3275220

Question about packing. The way I pack perennials is bare root them, wrap in barely damp to moist paper towel depending upon the plant and time of year, wrap roots with plastic wrap, then wrap the whole plant with news paper. Is this proper for houseplants and tropicals, too?

Need to pack plants tonight.

Thanks,
Lana
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2007
11:54 AM

Post #3276108

That sounds like the same way I wrap house Plants for shipping! I ship bare root, moist paper towels around the roots, then plastic baggie over the root's tied with rubber band to keep moisture in. I haven't done the wrapping in newspaper, but that sounds like a great idea to me and will do from now on ... it would protect them even more and keep them from possibly being crushed.

Lin
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2007
11:56 AM

Post #3276112

That's why I wrap the foliage too, Lin. Also, it compacts the leaves into a smaller area and makes packing easier...for me anyway. Thanks!

Lana
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2007
5:44 PM

Post #3277231

Hello All,
Oh Missg I can't wait... I am so excited it is like I am waiting for Santa...LOL
I sent my package today to Cedarnest so hers should get there soon... I dont have the number with me at this time but if you want Nancy I could find a post...
I did not send mine bare root... I sent in pots, well most of them I did I did put 3 cuttings in there for you to root... I really hope you like what I sent...
Ok sitting now waiting for post lady... I think she is as excited for me as I am.. She cant wait to see my flowers in bloom...
Hugs to all,
Susan
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2007
5:57 PM

Post #3277278

Hey Susan: I got Cedarnest/Nancy in the House Plant Swap too! Did some people get two names to Swap with? Or, is Nancy the "Lucky" one! LOL. One can never have too many plants, you know?!
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2007
6:02 PM

Post #3277294

wow you made me nervouse for a min had to go back and check.. yup she is my swap... I think she must be the lucky one...LOL so dmail me with what you sent her and I hope we both sent her diffrent things...LOL
Susan
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2007
6:20 PM

Post #3277348

LOL Susan and Lin,Yep lucky me : ) I got 2 swappers to send to and receive from this month.I think a few did.It all depends on the number of signups I believe and the types of plants people have on their wants lists.I don't mind as I have PLENTY to share and oh yes did I say I "love" receiving new ones too.hee hee Looking forward to your goodies : ))

Lin and Marsha,Yours were both mailed yesterday priority
Lin : #01038555749924932545
Marsha: #01038555749967085574

Hope they arrive safely and you like what I chose for you : )

Happy Growing : ))
Nancy
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2007
6:36 PM

Post #3277394

Susan: I actually had a trade going with Nancy too, besides the House Plant Swap! I sent her Optimara 'Annabelle' ( African Violet) in our trade and then the House Plant Swap Plants went in another box!

Nancy: You are the Lucky Gal, aren't you?! I hope you don't get a lot of duplicates from me and Susan ... but, Hey ... The More the Merrier! LOL. You could have extra's to trade with other people, if that's the case! I would love to see the expression on your mailman or lady's face when they deliver to your door!

:)

Lin

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2007
7:12 PM

Post #3277498

LOL Lin,If I get duplicates I won't mind one bit.I just love plants : ) My mailman just shakes his head.He knows I do alot of swaps and he always says"Whats on the menu today?...Let me guess..plants or seeds" Hes such a smarty pants. : )
Nancy
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2007
7:19 PM

Post #3277522

Oh that's cute ... We live in an unincorporated section of the county so our mailboxes are at the corner of the street, and when I have a box, he drives up into the driveway, beeps his horn and when I go out, he always says: "You've got Mail ... again"! LOL. :) The people at the Post Office are getting used to me now ... I've told some of the ladies about Dave's Garden and they were really interested to check it out! They thought it was pretty neat trading plants through the mail! I guess they hadn't seen that before.

Lin

snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
8:02 PM

Post #3277691

There were two this month who had two buddies, I only do this when someone volunteers and I usually reserve this to known traders I have dealt with in past.

This month we had 18 signed up with two doing two trades. I usually take wthe ones who sign up late as well and just swap with .

For the record also, I usually include my sister who is on disability in the swaps, she loves to get new plants and I always box up her box and mail for her. So I know it will be sent out. Just a couple of itmes most are not aware of.

So please don't be alarm if you see someone else sending a box to another. If someone contacts you about sending them abox and I have not dmail you to do so, please dmail me. Some do occasionally get confused on who to send to. I try to make it easy to understand, however I have not been able to completely do that on any thus far. I guess the blonde just is confusing. that is what my hubby would say anyways.

Hope all are enjoying this swap thus far. I love hosting and seeing what everyone gets. Please post photos. I will try to take some tonight of my box I received on Friday.

Cedarnest - I got the Burle Marx. I will save the first cutting for you when it grows...
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2007
8:20 PM

Post #3277752

Sharon that is so sweet of you to do that for your sister.If she is ever looking for anything in particular please let me know and I will see what I can do.Plants definitely do make ones life brighter thats for sure : ) Oh I noticed you got a Burle Marx.You Lucky Lucy! LOL Bet you could hear and feel my vibes" Grow Baby Grow" : ))
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
8:34 PM

Post #3277801

I was so happy to open my box with it. I also got Var Spilt Leaf. I was definately doing the happy dance...
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2007
8:39 PM

Post #3277815

I know... I thought I could hear you celebrating from here LOL Hope they do well for you : )
blue_eyes
Ashland, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
8:46 PM

Post #3277836

Those are wonderful...I've been wanting a variegated split leaf for forever. You lucky dog! I'll be getting my swap out this week hopefully. It's spring break here and I am taking advantage of this week to get as much done as possible. This includes flower beds, veggie garden, trades and swaps, repotting, potting up, cleaning the house, and labwork. Lol...what a break, huh?

:) Kim
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2007
9:03 PM

Post #3277886

Wow! Sharon ... You Lucky Gal You ... to get those Philodendron's in your swap! Photo's Please!

And, I agree with Nancy ... You are a Sweetie to help your Sister like that! If your Sis has a "Wish List", I have some I can definitely share too! Does she collect anything in particular? We could overwhelm your Sister with so many plants, she would have enough to share with you and still have some to trade with other folks too. :) Just let me know.

Oh, and you made the Swap very easy to understand! I think it's great that a couple of folks had enough to share that they could do Two Swaps! This has been so much fun! My first Buddy Swap ... and I hope you continue it thoroug the Summer! Being a Blonde myself (albeit a blonde from a bottle) I have those Duh? moments quite often. Actually, it has nothing to do with being blonde, ya hear?! In my case, it's age related ... Senior Moments ... of which I have many! The weather here has been so fantastic the past few weeks, all I've been doing is Playing in the dirt! And, I still feel like I haven't made a dent in it ... cleaning my Florida Room and Deck and dividing and re-potting plants! It's still a heck of a mess out there, but I'm having fun! My achy ole' bones are telling me about it though! The arthritis gets a bit worse every year and I get creakier (Is that a word) every year!

:) Smiles to Everyone,

Lin

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2007
9:06 PM

Post #3277893

Yeah Sharon ... I can't wait to see your photo of the Variegated Split Leaf too ... one of these days I am gonna get one of those babies. But, first I need to finish my Spring Clean Up and take inventory and get organized! Then, I might have room for another plant, or two, or three, or ...
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2007
9:17 PM

Post #3277928

Those split leaf philos are gorgeous I agree : ) I am trying to do a little cleanup,arranging and organizing too.Its taking forever! I did get another new plant stand yesterday.Hey I had one window left that was bare so I thought what the heck.Well Its not that bad but its getting there.LOL One things for sure with all the inside plants we all have we must have the cleanest air around in our homes.Lin don't feel bad I have alot of those "Blonde Senior Moments" too and oh yes.."creakier: is my middle name most days
pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2007
11:06 AM

Post #3279637

My plants are packed and ready to go out today. I will post conf# once mailed.

conf# 03060320000389148647
to Livermore, KY to Debbie Calloway

Dawn

This message was edited Mar 14, 2007 11:10 AM

This message was edited Mar 14, 2007 1:05 PM
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2007
3:08 PM

Post #3280175

What is a split leaf Philo? Could someone show me a picture... I only have two diffrent types of them ... no clue what the first is...
Susan
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
3:16 PM

Post #3280200

Here's the link to PF on Split Leaf ... I will try to find a pic of the Variegated one! You'll love it!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1204/index.html
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
3:21 PM

Post #3280210

Here's the link to PF on the BEAUTIFUL Variegated Split Leaf ... Oh, how I want one of these guys!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/67794/index.html

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
3:27 PM

Post #3280219

Susan: Here's a photo of my side yard with some of the solid green Split Leaf Philo's:

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
3:29 PM

Post #3280230

And ... a pic of one by itself by our back driveway:

snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
4:07 PM

Post #3280363

Those are Philodendron bipinnatifidum otherwise know as cutleaf, or tree philo. I have this one however has been a very slow grower for me.

http://www.floridata.com/ref/P/phil_bip.cfm

The spilt leaf leaves start out solid and spilt or develope holes as the plant matures.
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2007
4:08 PM

Post #3280367

Oh that is very pretty... I thought it was like a house plant... I am kinda new to all this stuff so please bear with me...LOL..
I think it is so funny I went into the nursery here in town and saw this plant it was a brasil philo and said oh I have to have that it was and is so pretty... then I get an email saying my buddy for the plant swaps wants one.. how weird is that... it is really pretty..
Thank you for the pretty pictures...
SUsan
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
4:16 PM

Post #3280399

They are very pretty Susan, I have the Brasil as well. I have about 20+ philos. they are my favorite.
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2007
4:19 PM

Post #3280412

I just thought Philo's were inside plants and not kinda a bush... that is something to look into... Thanks.
Susan
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
4:22 PM

Post #3280429

Wow I never realized some of those philos get so huge.My house certainly wouldn't be big enough for some of them.LOL They are so perfectly gorgeous though.Lin,yours are fantastic.They really look beautiful in the landscape.Guess if I want any of the larger ones I will need to move a little farther south than I am now huh?.I just love the vining philos tho that I can put in hanging baskets.Like Brasil Susan : )) Certain houseplants give my house a tropical feel and in the dead of winter that is really soothing.Woah..you do have alot of them Sharon : )
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
5:14 PM

Post #3280882

You are correct Sharon: The ones in my yard are called Cut Leaf, not Split Leaf ... two different plants ... duh? Am I having another Blonde, Senior moment?!

There are so many different Philo's ... I have only a couple of hanging baskets of brasil & little pots of Brasil, a Xanadu that was hit by cold this winter, this guy here that someone ID'd as I think, Philo Emerald Prince ... but then someone else said it was something Congo ... can't remember for sure. I love it though, whatever it's called.

snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
5:16 PM

Post #3280890

Wow Lin, how pretty, . Ihave emerald Prince and mine doesn't look like that, however it is still small so could be. Not sure. I do not have that one. Nice. I don't have Xanadu either
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
5:21 PM

Post #3280904

Here's a photo of some of my Philo's ... the real large one I just bought recently for $14.49 from Wal-Mart ... thought it was the same as the one in the photo above, and I wanted another one ... well, it's different! The one in the photo above doesn't have the reddish color. I like this new one too though! Wonder how fast it will grow? I am thinking of planting it in the yard in a shady spot!

Oh, excuse the mess on my deck ... can barely walk out there ... I have been in the process of dividing and re-potting and have everything all over the place! I sure will be glad when I get my "Spring" Cleaning and Repotting done and get organized! It's so cluttered out there right now, I have to push things aside to make a path to get through to the door!

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
5:23 PM

Post #3280910

Emerald Prince is really pretty Lin : )
Sharon when I went nosing around on Ebay last night ( I have a tendancy to do that) I found Xanadu.Hope this link works : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/x-tra-full-PHILODENDRON-Xanadu_W0QQitemZ290092502945QQcategoryZ1510QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
5:26 PM

Post #3280925

Well Lin,you certainly are a "plantladylin" Oh they all look so wonderful : )
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
5:34 PM

Post #3280950

Well, if that is Xanadu on that web site, than my plant is definately not the same. Here's a photo of mine that I got at Home Depot a few months ago, labeled as Xanadu. And, if I remember correctly, I was in HD a couple of weeks ago with hubby and they still have these, still labeled as Xanadu: Totally different plant:

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
5:36 PM

Post #3280956

And yet Plant Files shows one that looks like mine as Xanadu

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/59808/index.html
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
5:38 PM

Post #3280964

Wow that is gorgeous Lin.I bet the one on Ebay is marked wrong.Sure glad I never bought it.I have found a few plants on there that weren't named right.Oh yours is great : ))
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
5:51 PM

Post #3281007

Believe me the photo is not really showing how it truly looks. It was hit by cold a couple of nights this winter and is looking a lot rattier than it did. I had to cut off a lot of leaves that were fried...and there are still a couple of brown ones to be cut, I just turned that part away from the camera. :)

I have this other Philo that I've had for years, hasn't done real well for me at all ... don't know what I'm doing wrong. The leaves look just like the Xanadu to me, but the base is totally different. The Xanadu grows kinda in a clump and this other unidentified one grows from like a trunk: Here's a pic: Can you tell what I mean about it growing from a kinda stalk or trunk?

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
5:54 PM

Post #3281017

Here's what the base of Xanadu looks like:

TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2007

Post #3281063

Hi,
Ok maybe I am not getting this but are all of these picture, pictures of Philodendron? or somthing else? I have never seen half of those types of plants.. Ok I have not see all of them...LOL they are really beautiful...
Susan
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
6:13 PM

Post #3281068

Wonder Lin if it could be an older Xanadu. I love your pic of you philos. Mine are not quite that large, most were small starts from the past couple of years. I will ahve to see if I can dig up some pics. I have the following though

Prince of Orange
Emerald Green
Moonlight
Mameri
Glorison
Tree Philo
Pink Princess
Brasil
Heart Leaf
SIlver Streak
Silver Queen
Green Spilt Leaf
Var Spilt Leaf (Pray it roots well for me)
Swiss Cheese
Red Stem
Philodendron “Micans”
Lacy Leaf
Black Cardinal
Autumn
Blue Leaf Small
Tree
Mamei
Ginny- Dwarf Spilt Leaf
Squamuferum
Burle Marx
Lemon Lime
fenzii
Painted Lady
and a couple of unknown and ones I can remember.
Some are actually monesteras.

My spelling is bad, please ignore it.

Several are very small starts I received form other DGers or off Ebay. Be glad when I can start trading them.
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
6:14 PM

Post #3281070

Here is Autumn.

Thumbnail by snboyken

snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
6:21 PM

Post #3281086

Here is emerald prince

I don't know how to block several pics together so sorry to take up so much room.

Thumbnail by snboyken

TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2007
6:24 PM

Post #3281095

I would love to see a picture of the pink princess, Oh Lord please not another addition...LOL
Susan
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
7:14 PM

Post #3281235

Sharon,My.. you have got quite the collection : )
Susan,I have a Pink Princess cutting that I got from a friend last fall and I am having a heck of a time with it.It gets roots when I have it in water and looks great but as soon as I put it in soil its leaves look gross and die.I finally have 1 new leaf coming on it now so I am keeping my fingers crossed..I will try and post a pic later after my camera gets charged.Does anyone else who has a pink princess have trouble keeping it alive and growing or is it just by brown thumb with them?
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
7:18 PM

Post #3281241

I have a pink princess, however do not have a pic at work, I looked. I will try to take one tonight, I managed to kill a rooted plant last year of it. This one that was sent to my by fellow philo friend is doing ok, not a fast grower though.
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 14, 2007
7:21 PM

Post #3281247

Here is a link to a photo of it:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/naturalselections.safeshopper.com/images/bm18c649.jpg&imgrefurl=http://naturalselections.safeshopper.com/69/339.htm?812&h=500&w=375&sz=34&hl=en&start=7&tbnid=aQXnwUH711AbbM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=98&prev=/images?q=philo+pink+princess&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2007
7:30 PM

Post #3281272

Guess what just came??? YES i got my plants from Gale... Thank you so much I dont have the one cactus you dont know the name of and I never seen a Epiphyllum oxpetium before so thank you so much... I also got a very nice aloe cactus and a yellow plumeria...
Now that you have made my day Gale any suggestions on how to plant ??? I see that the two cactus have roots so do I stick into a pot and let it go or do I need to do anything special? I am sorry for the questions but I am new to all this... THANK YOU... doing the happy dance here...
Susan
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2007
7:32 PM

Post #3281276

thank you for the link that is a very beautiful plant...
SUsan
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
7:36 PM

Post #3281285

Oh ... Pink Princess is at the top of my "Wish" List! I have wanted that one for a long, long time. Was just gonna make a trade with Christmascactus/Colie, but :( something bad happened to hers! Boo Hoo. Oh Well, someday I will get one of those too!

Wow! Sharon! You have a ton of Philo's! You Lucky Gal, you! Lemon Lime I want too...and Lacy Leaf and Painted Lady ... oh, I want em' all!

Susan: There are I think 6 Philo's in that one photo of mine, although it's kinda hard to tell with the menagerie I have out on my deck right now!

I also have a Monstera Deliciosa and a Swiss Cheese Plant, which most folks consider Philo's too ... same Aroid family I guess. Will post a photo of those later!
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
7:37 PM

Post #3281289

Thanks so much Beth,So thats what mine will look like... someday...thats if I don't kill it 1st : ( Here is the pic of the one new leaf I finally have on my pink princess cutting.My camera almost makes it look too light colored.

Thumbnail by cedarnest

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
7:50 PM

Post #3281317

Ooooooh ... I am so excited! Nancy: My box just arrived from you! Wow! You are such a professional packer ... I am gonna take some tips from your superb job! Everything is Perfect ... I am so excited! I am off now to go pot up my new babies! This is just sooo much fun! I have wanted the Yellow Christmas Cactus for awhile now! And ... Optimara 'Isabelle' I've wanted since I found 'Annabelle'! And, I've wanted the Hawaiian and Curly Spider's since I saw your pictures! And ... I'm new to Strep's and Episcia's but can't wait to give them a try!

Thank you sooo very much! It's like my Birthday all over again! :)

... I will be back later on, gotta go play in the dirt now!

Lin p.s. I can't believe you mailed that day before yesterday (12th) and it's here already, all the way from Nebraska that quick! They must have put it on the first plane out!
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
8:01 PM

Post #3281341

Lin,I am so happy to hear they arrived ok and I'm even happier you were pleased with them.You are right...they really did get there super fast.wow!! The Hawaiian Spider was actually a piece of a very lage clump our dear DG friend Nan (Hug) sent to me not so long ago.It is so gorgeous and growing super fast.I need to take a few more smaller ones off of it and pot them up to share.: ))
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
8:02 PM

Post #3281344

I was just reading over this thread and making who had mailed/received on my spreadsheet and realized I missed a few post.

So sorry to not have replied.

Cedarnest, plantladylin - regarding my sister, she has bipolor and manic depression, this week has been extremely a down week, pray for her. She lives alone however I am in control of her finances. The plants just cheer her up when she gets them. Your offer of sending to her were quite nice. I appreciate that. Sorry I overlooked your post and started right in on the philos. My favorite.

REMINDER - POST WHEN YOU SEND AND RECEIVE YOUR BOXES SO I CAN UPDATE THE SPREADSHEET. I want to make sure everyone gets a box.
blue_eyes
Ashland, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
9:32 PM

Post #3281644

snboyken...your box went out today priority mail, confirmation # 03052710000152765884. I hope you like it!

Kim
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
10:33 PM

Post #3281817

Cedarnest/Nancy ... I got an email from the P.O. that a notice was left for you this morning, so your package has arrived! Hope everything looks okay when you open it! I don't have the skills you do in packaging, thats for sure! But, I am learning! Shipping plants is so new to me! I never knew before joining DG in October that you could ship plants through the mail unless you were a business!

Anyway, if anything is damaged or doesn't survive, just let me know. Boy! The Post Office is getting better and Faster with delivery! I really thought it would be tomorrow or Friday before you got it!

Lin
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
10:53 PM

Post #3281883

Lin,I am so mad at my postman.The idiot must have forgotten to leave the little yellow card in my box to let me know I had a package.and of course..now they are closed for the day..Oh I could just scream!! I will be down there when it opens tomorrow to chew him out LOL I am sure everything will be fine.Thanks for letting me know.: )
Nancy
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
11:19 PM

Post #3281960

Oh, Nancy ... you are welcome. The email I got said they had left a notice, I just figured you were probably at work and would get the notice when you got home and would pick up your package tomorrow! I know UPS will always leave packages at our door, but the Post Office won't do it for some reason?! Anyway, let me know if you like everything and most importantly, if everything survived the trip!

Chat soon!

Lin
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2007
11:46 PM

Post #3282048

Ok Y'all ... Here's a photo of what I got in the Swap from Cedarnest/Nancy today: The AV 'Isabelle' was in trade for an 'Annabelle' I sent her.

The Swap plants are: Hawaiian Spider Plant, Curly Bonnie Spider Plant, Yellow Christmas Cactus Cuttings, Episcia 'Suomi' Stolons, Streptocarpus 'Midas' ( Actually two of the one named Midas ... a larger one and a smaller one that fell off when I repotted and both had roots!), Streptocarpus Dilby's 'Gwen' and Cuttings from a Variegated Succulent Vine!

I Love everything! I have been wanting a Hawaiian Spider and also Curly Bonnie Spider since I saw her photo's posted. And, a Yellow Christmas Cactus has been on my Wish List for awhile now! And, I have really been wanting to try my hand at Episcia's and Strep's! So, I am one Very Happy Camper today! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Nancy!

And, Many Thanks to Sharon for Hosting this Swap! Now, I can't wait for the next one! :)

The photo isn't the greatest, camera batteries need charging ... must do that soon! But, anyway, y'all can see what I got in my box!

Lin

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2007
11:55 PM

Post #3282065

You are welcome Lin,Good luck with them.I hope they do well for you : ))
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2007
12:39 AM

Post #3282203

Pdoyle, your "care" package went out in today's mail; confirmation # 0305-2710-0001-3769-1276. Let me know when you receive it & that the contents are all right.
pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2007
11:13 AM

Post #3283420

Thank you Buttoneer. Can't wait!
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2007
3:58 PM

Post #3284263

Hi,
Ok I got my things that Gale sent to me potted up and now I have a picture... Hope you all enjoy like I did :-)
Thanks again Gale. Oh shoot that is the turkey that came to visit this morning... she is looking for the others in the woods...LOL I tryed to post two pictures no can do...
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi

TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2007
3:59 PM

Post #3284265

Here is my swap...duh me...
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2007
4:19 PM

Post #3284334

LOL Susan.At first I thought.."Gayle sent Susan a Turkey..Cool.." Cute turkey by the way and really neat plants.I have been dying for a Plumeria.I hear they smell wonderful.

Your box arrived today SusanThank you so much.I loved and appreciate everything you sent.What a wonderful bunch.I love the varigated and hindu rope hoyas(I am becoming quite the hoya addict) and I love the varigated peperomia and the donkey tails are adorable as is the haworthia and brasil philo is awesome.The "extras" were so special to me too : ) I took a pic of some of them to post below.How Lovely.Thanks Again for Everything : )
Nancy

Thumbnail by cedarnest

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2007
4:21 PM

Post #3284344

Lin,I finally got the postman to give me my boxes. LOL .Everything was in wonderful shape.Annabelle from our other swap is still blooming!! I just love everything you sent and appreciate the "extras" : )The mini peace lily you sent is "blooming".The string of hearts and philo cuttings are wonderful and I love the Dracanea, Croton, and varigated arrowhead vine
I had never had any like these before so I am really anxious to get them in their pots.I better get to potting!!Again thank you for the wonderful box : )
Nancy

Thumbnail by cedarnest

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 15, 2007
4:24 PM

Post #3284352

You are quite welcome, Nancy! Enjoy, and I hope everything grows and thrives splendidly for you!

This swap has been so much fun, I can't wait for the next one!

Lin
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2007
4:27 PM

Post #3284358

Will there be a next one? Nancy I am so glad you liked what I sent... All but the hoyas I had here... Well ok I have the hoyas I just did not want to cut mine..LOL Hope everything grows well for you..
Susan
missy99912
Mission Viejo, CA
(Zone 10a)

March 15, 2007
4:58 PM

Post #3284471

stownes, your package went out this morning. I hope you like everything!
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2007
11:01 PM

Post #3285589

I lost this thread for awhile. Sorry! Thanks Cedarnest for redirecting me. I mailed my trade to Cambium 03-12-07. I hope she has received it by now. Lou
begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2007
1:02 AM

Post #3286006

I just found this thread again (thanks for posting the link over in house plants, Nancy!!!) I wondered why it was so quiet over there about the swap! Silly me!
Anyway, just a quick note to say that my box arrived today, and I'll post photos a bit later. I'm a bit worn out as I spent the day at the cancer center with my MIL who is not doing well. Soon as I get my steam back, I'll unpack it all and take a few photos. I'm so excited because I can already see some goodies that I dont have yet ! Woo hoo!

A BIG thank you to WVdaisy for being my trade partner, she not only included me in the trade but sent goodies for my daughter who is starting out in her new apartment! So THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And to Sharon, another BIG thank you for 'hosting' these houseplant swaps and putting it all together so that we can enjoy plants even more by sharing and swapping! HUGE thank you to you for your time and energy! I hope your variegated monstera does well, I'm hoping to get another start going for future swaps. The Burle Marx was the little extra 'thank you' for hosting these swaps!! hope you enjoy them and hope they all survive!!
Hugs all around!!
Lali

p.s. sent you a link about the monstera, did you get it? (its name is Monstera deliciosa variegata 'Super Clone')
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2007
2:34 AM

Post #3286409

Lali, so glad I was able to send some things you didn't have! I was really worried about that :~) Was happy to include your daughter.

Lana
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2007
1:18 PM

Post #3287284

Yes Lali I received it, I haven't check it out yet. Thank you so much for the extra thank yous and I just get a blessing out of everyone enjoying this swap.

Sorry about your MIL, will keep you all in my prayers. Congrats to your daughter on the apt. I am sure you will have it loaded with plants in no time at all...

pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2007

Post #3289012

THIS IS LIKE CHRISTMAS!!!! I just got my box today from Judy aka "Buttoneer" I got 2 epi cuttings, a walking iris, medeira vine, pregnant plant?! (gotta look that one up), something realted to AV's and fern "balls" I know what they are, just not what they are called. It's like she read my mind, I've been wanting epi's and cant' find them around here. the walking iris, I read on another thread and said "hmm, I'd like to try that".. Can you tell this was my first plant swap? This was the coolest thing. THANK YOU JUDY!!!! What a way to end the work week!
Dawn
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2007
7:45 PM

Post #3289306

Glad you liked them, Dawn. Did they arrive in good shape for you? Let me know & thanks. I can't find the name of that plant that is related to AV's but it has a white-fringed flower. The pregnant plant is a bryophyllum. Maybe I am a mind-reader? Who knows. Glad it made your week. Our week is ending with 8+ inches of snow on the ground now & it's supposed to snow all night. Arrgh.
blue_eyes
Ashland, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2007
8:04 PM

Post #3289388

Perhaps the white flowered plant is an alsobia?

Kim
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2007
8:54 PM

Post #3289582

That's it! I couldn't think of the name. Thank you so much.
christmascactus

March 16, 2007
10:20 PM

Post #3289923

Dawn or Judy,
I would love to see a picture of that fern.
Does the fern look like a ball or does the fern have balls?

Cambium

Cambium
Lamar, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2007
10:58 PM

Post #3290074

Got my package day before yesterday from dispatcher1, Lou. Thank you OH so much. I didn't have a one of those plants! There were some that were bruised, I think the box had gone through a bit of turmoil. 8-/

Wandering Jew - used to have them, loved them. I'm anxious for a nice basket of them now.
Angel Wing Begonia - this is my first one!
The Red Edged & Variagated Peperomia didn't look too happy. OH I hope these make it! I've always loved Peperomia & used to have them but hadn't had any for years.
You sent one named Euphorbia, Diamond Frost. I couldn't find it on DG to put it on my list. They look like they should make it & I'm anxious to see what they look like when they mature more.
I think the 2 others that are nice lil plants are Sansevieria but not for sure. I put them in my list from 2 listings pictured from Sansevieria trifasciata (Snake Plant).

This was really FUN. You sure wrapped those up good. I'm gonna have to buy some of that self-stick plastic wrap. That worked out really well. Thank you again, Lou! Hey, BTW are you a Red-Hatter? I AM! 8-D Thanks for the calendar! I was needing that for my purse.

~*~ Suenell

This message was edited Mar 17, 2007 4:09 PM
pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2007
11:01 PM

Post #3290083

I have them stuck in dirt right now. Tomorow I will give them their own pots and take a pic of them. As far as the fern go - You know how they get those "balls" in the dirt? They are kinda hard but if your try to squeeze them they are full of water. They remind me of a round water chestnut (you know in Chinese food?) Does that make sense?

Thanks Kim (blue_eyes) I wrote the name down and gonna look it up.

Judy, all the plants came in excellent condition. I thank you again, I have really enjoyed this swap!
Dawn
pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2007
11:06 PM

Post #3290104

buttoneer,
I looked up alsobia in the PF and found 1 picture. Is that it? Boy, that is pretty. I look forward to getting it to bloom. I have some AV's that are doing well, so hopefully, I'll be able to grow the alsobia.
thx,
Dawn
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2007
11:47 AM

Post #3291381

I believe the balls are tubers that form along the root system. The fern looks just like a Boston Fern.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2007
11:50 AM

Post #3291391

I looked at the pix. Yes, it is Alsobia. easy to grow. Grows long strings with plantlets on them. You could probably remove the plantlets & root them in potting soil. I've had it for years. Think I will repot it this afternoon & give it a shot of fertilizer. Would hate to lose the Mama plant.
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2007
10:38 AM

Post #3304918

Wow oh wow, I got a box from Blue_eyes - it consisted of an unknown to me succulent, hoya, begonia lef, and a philo (oh I forgot the name) I had never heard of. I will try to get a pick this weekend to post.

My sister Debbie received her box from pdoyle23323, she was so excited she was wanting some spider babies so bad, I kept telling her to get a couple of mine however she would said it looked to pretty, SHe also received two hoyas, jade plant. You made her day girlfiend.

Both were received Fri/Sat I am late posting. I will try to get a pic of hers after we pot them up this weekend.

WHo all else received boxes, I am getting mine ready to mail over the weekend.
blue_eyes
Ashland, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2007
6:29 PM

Post #3323038

I received my package today from Machikoneko...what a wonderful box! I had gasterias, a haworthia, neon pothos, variegated pothos, variegated philo, aloe vera, chlorophytum fireflash, and mother of thousands. It was wonderful! She also sent some pretty quartz crystals and rooting hormone. Thanks so much!!

Kim
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 27, 2007
10:00 AM

Post #3325123

I love the neon pothos, so pretty.

I have just about got my boxes ready to go out. My family has been hit hard with the flu again. I think we just keep passing it around.

I will try to post a status report soon on what is left undone. I will start a new post today for the April Swap.

plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 27, 2007
10:09 AM

Post #3325147

Ooooh! There's gonna be an April swap too! Yeah! Can't wait!
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 27, 2007
10:10 AM

Post #3325152

Machikoneko/marsha,received my box on the 15th.She sent me a dmail to thank me and to let me know everything made the trip ok.She apologized for not posting but her father is in the hospital and is not doing very well.Everyone please send extra prayers for Marsha and her family.Shes going thu a very rough time right now.
Nancy
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 27, 2007
10:27 AM

Post #3325217

Sure will for Marsha, thanks for letting me know Nancy.
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 27, 2007
10:49 AM

Post #3325297

Will definitely keep Marsha and her family in my prayers!

Sharon, will keep you and your's in my prayers too, for a speedy recovery from that Flu Bug! Feel Better Soon!

snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 27, 2007
10:52 AM

Post #3325305

Lin, I received your wonderful boxes, thanks for the philos, I have them potted and my sis was in love with the blue bird, I potted her up as well and helped her arrange then on her porch, She was in tears to see all you sent her. Thanks again for brightening the day. Very nice of you.
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 27, 2007
11:22 AM

Post #3325418

Sharon: You and your Dear Sister are So Very Welcome! Hope everything does well and thrives for you and Debbie.

Lin
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 27, 2007
12:19 PM

Post #3325568

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/706283/

Link to the April Swap

Machikoneko

Machikoneko
Hometown, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2007
10:23 AM

Post #3332225

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your prayers and thanks Nancy for letting everyone know why I didn't post. My dad passed away Monday, and the services were yesterday.
It was a rough time for us, but it's over now. I'm glad it's spring; there's a lot to keep busy with.
Once again, my apologies for not posting, and thanks.

Marsha
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2007
10:51 AM

Post #3332304

So sorry for you loss Marsha.

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2007
11:03 AM

Post #3332355

So sorry to hear Marsha.Thinking of you and your family.

Well Sharon,I am planning on signing up for Aprils swap.Guess I better get over there and get my name in huh? Hope we have alot of participants again for April. : ) Come on everyone..hustle on over there and get signed up!!
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2007
11:08 AM

Post #3332375

Marsha,
You and your family will be in our prayers...
Susan
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2007
11:08 AM

Post #3332377

Nancy,
I am hustling so much my legs are sore...LOLOL...
Susan
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2007
11:19 AM

Post #3332423

Mee too Susan.hustling here, there and everywhere! I am hustling out to my garden now to get some things sowed before it rains and I gotta hustle back inside!LOL
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2007
4:49 PM

Post #3333524

Ok boxes went out today to the following with confirmation numbers

buttoneer -- 03051720000176979007

gardengus -- 03051720000176978987

byndeweedbeth -- 03051720000176979014

missy99912 -- 03051720000176978994

if you have not received or sent your pkg, please dmail me.
missg
Philadelphia, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 29, 2007
7:52 PM

Post #3334164

Gardengus

Thank you very much for the plants. Everything arrived okay and I am thoroughly enjoying them. I received from Cinda a tri-colored jade, a varigated hoya, a pregnant onion, cuttings from a spider and 1 other plant that I forgot the name of. Thanx a million. I would post pictures but I'm using my son's computer right now.
red_princess_71
Lilesville, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 29, 2007
8:20 PM

Post #3334268

I am getting my box ready to send out tomorrow...sorry for the delay...my apologies to my buddy...

Char

P.S. goes over to sign up for aprils swap :o)

Cambium

Cambium
Lamar, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 30, 2007
8:35 AM

Post #3335785

OH Red_Princess I thought I was the only one that hadn't been able to get my houseplants out. I've not been out of the yard except once to get my meds so I've not been able to pick up a box from the PO.

My greatest apologies to MY gardening friend too!

I'm hesitant to go for the April's swap but I guess I will & pick up more boxes while at PO to be prepared!

~*~ Suenell
missy99912
Mission Viejo, CA
(Zone 10a)

March 31, 2007
8:45 PM

Post #3341237

Thank you, Sharon, I got the box today! It had a baby spider, jade plant, golden pothos, several varieties of wandering jew, christmas cactus, prickly pear, birds nest fern, and a cute candle! I love everything, thank you!!!!!
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2007
10:27 PM

Post #3341577

Received my box today, so many nice plants,and a gel candle too. The box was packed full, several types of wandering jew ,an aloe,spider, goose foot, and a cool looking prickly something ,I will have to look up.

Thank you so much
This has been so much fun.
I will do it again ,,just not this month
spring is hear and the outside gardens call.

Cinda

red_princess_71
Lilesville, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2007
3:02 PM

Post #3343845

I finally got my box out friday morning and the post lady said it would leave the PO around noon so my buddy should get it very soon

Char
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 2, 2007
8:09 PM

Post #3348638

Red Princess- I received the package today in very good condition. Thanks so very much for the plants. They will all make great additions to my collection. (My Jungle as hubby calls it). They are great and very much appreciated. Thanks again. Lou
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2007
9:52 AM

Post #3350368

This swap is almost complete, I show two boxes left to receive. Be sure to sign up for April. I hope to get these assigned in the next day or so.
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2007
10:20 AM

Post #3350477

I received my box! Thanks, Stownes!!!
I got:
1 Rex Begonia 'Libra' leaf Beautiful!
2 Angel Wing Begonias leaves
2 cuttings Pileas? maybe
2 African Violets 'Moon Goddess', and 'Midnight Fantasy leaves
2 Kalanchoe cuttings with beautiful bright pink and soft pink blooms. I didn't have either color!
Wandering Jew cuttings, I didn't have this one either.
Heart leaf Philodendron cuttings.

Thanks love everything you sent!

Lana
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2007
10:35 AM

Post #3350513

One box to go to close this out.
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 3, 2007
11:43 AM

Post #3350721

I just got mine! Thanks Sharon...nice variety and even one epi cutting! I have been wanting to try one of those.
Beth
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2007
11:46 AM

Post #3350731

I tried to find a larger epi for you, couldn't. I may have more this summer, mine has never bloomed so I have no idea the color.
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2007
12:00 PM

Post #3411677

Still one box left to complete.

snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 30, 2007
10:25 AM

Post #3447026

I have sent a box to red_princess_71 as she never received from her buddy. Hope all is well with that dger.

Please note that if you do not send your box, you will be excluded from future swaps until send a box to the person replacing your box.

This closes out this swap with sincere hope that all was satisfied with their boxes.

Thanks to all who joined.

SNB

ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 30, 2007
12:35 PM

Post #3447326

Mine is going out today.
snboyken
Livermore, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 30, 2007
12:36 PM

Post #3447332

Beth this was for the March Swap. You need to post ont he April Swap forum. Thanks. I have you down as sending yours.
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 30, 2007
12:59 PM

Post #3447404

Oops, sorry!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM
Round robin question glamourpuss 5 Apr 21, 2007 4:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America