-
AuthorContent
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2007
1:55 AM

Post #3219126

It looks like the ORVG Round Up will be June 2, 2007, at Higginsport, Ohio, providing the park is available.

This will be the thread for Plant Trading.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2007 9:58 PM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 25, 2007
1:54 PM

Post #3223012

If everyone else's plants got whacked as hard as mine... think we all will need some Perennials...
My neighbors 'may' just be running to FL before this shindig.. if so I'll have access to some nice big annuals.
Too early yet to know what I'll have in the Tropicals ... stock EE's for sure ... possibly a few surprises...

Ric
rox_male
Athens, OH

February 25, 2007
3:22 PM

Post #3223247

I am going to use this post here to track what I have to share, what I have promised, and what I want. I'll keep updating it.

Tropicals to share (I will have canna, EE, and calla I think).

Annuals from seed (will post list here later).

Perennials from seed (will post here later).

Perennials from the garden (will post here later).

Things I would like (to be updated later).

ROX
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2007
5:11 PM

Post #3223622

Good Idea Rox, I will have to do some exploring to figure out what I will have. But just posted to reserve this place.

Dusty, a chick from my hens and chicks. Trading for coneflower, if they come up!.

From Rox, night blooming jasmine and daylilies, for something on her list.

Jazz, wants sun coleus.

Melissa is bringing me nicotina.

Ric promised LOV

Jazz, torch lily

Marcy-Ornamental cabbage

This message was edited May 25, 2007 10:42 PM
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2007
6:15 PM

Post #3223899

I have no idea what I'll have by then. I have lots to divide and still have not gotten orders in for my sideline. ;)

I'll park here and fill in later.

I'll probably have ornamental grasses, daylilies and whatever crazy cuttings and seeds I start.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2007
5:25 AM

Post #3225788

I'll have maters! LOL
I'm sure some other things too, and Ric just gave me an idea. uh oh.
southernOhio
Proctorville, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
12:30 AM

Post #3228267

What? There be grass?
I got your email Ric.

Seriously, I don't think the groper & I will be able to attend. There are alot of birthdays in June & It's all my family! So sad, but i will be sure to barge right in if the plans change, or they all go out of town... LOL
Abigail
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
1:03 AM

Post #3228390

Abigail! Good to here from you!
The grasses we got from you last year are doing well!
Well they were last Fall anyway...lol!

Hope your schedule frees up... we'd Love to see you guys again!

Ric
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
1:06 AM

Post #3228398

No Abigail? No groper?? My plants are so sad!!! They were looking forward to a good groping. :)

Tell your family that an angry mob of gardeners will show up and destroy their yard. Not like we'd make you pick or anything...
southernOhio
Proctorville, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
1:42 AM

Post #3228536

At least we'll be missed, Don' t talk about us or anything..
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
1:50 AM

Post #3228569

If you don't show up, I'm afraid I can't make any promises... :)
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
2:32 AM

Post #3228732

Aww, southern ohio, hope that you can convince all those birthday peeps to come celebrate with us.

I read that as gopher, and now I am confused groper, will someone fill me in?
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
3:28 AM

Post #3228956

At last years RU, I unpacked all the plants I brought and set them on the ground. After the potty stop and running around to greet people, I returned to my plant stash. I found a man there that I'd never met before. He'd pick up one plant, feel it, rub the leaves, smell it, look it over real good then set it down. Then he'd begin with a second plant.

I finally said "Hi! Do you like those?" or something along those lines. At this point, I think he was slightly embarrassed and pretty well startled. I told him about the plants and I think gave him a few as he was running away. LOL After I found out who he was, I accused him of groping my plants and I did give him more plants since he obviously liked them! For the rest of that day and apparently a year later, he is still referred to as "The Groper!".
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
3:46 AM

Post #3229012

Okay, I see, Well, I have been called many things, but a plant groper not yet. LOL
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
12:43 PM

Post #3229676

Hey, at least you can blame your sister. :)

While I am thinking about it, I know everyone gets all itchy to clean out beds as soon as the temperatures hit 50 for a few days. LOL If anyone is thinning Lily of the Valley, can you pot it as you go? I know someone coming to the round up would really like some!
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
1:28 PM

Post #3229837

I have some that has escaped the bed and is running for the sunlight. If someone will tell me how to remove them without damaging them I would be happy to contribute
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
1:57 PM

Post #3229915

Jazz, LOTV grows very much like daylilies. There are little finger like tubers, called pips under the ground. :)
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
2:01 PM

Post #3229926

Here is a tutorial on dividing perennials, for anyone that needs a little help and wants to bring other plants. :)

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/hgic1150.htm
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
2:02 PM

Post #3229934

Thanks Chele
rox_male
Athens, OH

February 27, 2007
2:12 PM

Post #3229954

Dear All-
I see we are chatting here in the Trade Thread.
How would you feel if we started another trade thread with only trade info? I know I am being picky and over organized but I think it would be a lot easier if we had one thread where everyone could post what they wanted and what they had in one post within the thread, i.e. each person maintains one thread. Then each person could edit their post to reflect additional haves, wants, and "accepted trades". See example:

Tropicals to share.
Canna -ALL GONE [Ric]
Calla -Still available [Badseed; Jazzpunkin]
Colocasia Fontanesii -

Annuals from seed.
Tagetes lucida

Perennials from seed.
Salvia Maynight

Perennials from the garden.
Salvia Maynight - ALL GONE [defoecat]

Things I would like.
a man who likes to dig holes
a cat that can chase deer

ROX

Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
2:25 PM

Post #3229983

For me personally, it's way to soon to discuss what I am bringing.
Normally we start a trade a few weeks to a month before the actual trade.

Maybe this one could stay as it is, with lists of possibilities then start a final trade arrangement thread for lined up trades and extra plants in May.
I usually do the trade threads and honestly, they all end up getting chatted on. I don't think it's deliberate, we just all get excited.
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
3:15 PM

Post #3230122

I just went and looked up last years trade threads. It was two years ago that we tried a final trade post because there was so much chatting on the trade list. People got confused. So last year, we just had the one trade post, with the chat and everyone had one box that they would keep editing with what they promised who, what they were expecting from who and extra plants. That did work because we could all see each other's post and what they expected from who or were taking to who.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2007
3:47 PM

Post #3230213

well shoot.. maybe we should start over so us rookies can get our holder spots in at the top too :)
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
3:53 PM

Post #3230231

Have you thought anything about doing the number thing with stuff folks bring other than pre arranged trades? Or, do you want to discuss it? It seemed like last year everyone was making trades on the spot is that how it normally is?
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
4:05 PM

Post #3230260

Normally most of the trades are lined up before hand probably just so we can bring what people want? I know after going to a number of these, you sometimes waste time and energy digging things people might not want or you might not think to bring something other people really wanted. I've heard of plant trades done with the number system but have not actually attended one ran that way. I will have my first opportunity to do that this year with the daylily club.

Another thought might be, for people that already have a pretty big variety, it might be hard to find something they didn't already have. I've heard of people just passing on their turn if they didn't need anything.

If someone actually wanted me to bring them a $50 rare elephant ear I would but I might not want to toss that on a table and take my chances of not getting back something of a comparable value unless I just had way too much of it. I'll be the bad guy and say it bluntly because I know it's been discussed. Most people have their "prized" whatever or very limited amount of something that they would share but maybe not give away.
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
4:45 PM

Post #3230398

I'm meant to finish that post by saying, because of the reasons above and the fact that most of us don't see each other that often, you are still going to have private and prearranged trades.

Hubby came home with groceries and I had to go help.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2007
5:14 PM

Post #3230476

I know that there are always pre arranged. I just thought everyone also brought stuff just for general trading or giving. That is what I thought there had been talk about letting folks pick, then after everyone had picked, or decided they didn't want to pick, going back through again.
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2007
5:27 PM

Post #3230506

I've only heard it mentioned a time or two so maybe that is why it's always been the same. At the very first RU, we all had prearranged trades and brought extra plants, then there was a number drawing for door prizes. I just wouldn't want anyone's feelings hurt if they saw someone put a bunch of different plants in one place and others in for a general swap. Maybe previously arranged trades look about the same?

Maybe you should find out what everyone wants to do. With my medical junk the way it is right now, I'm afraid to plan 3 weeks from now, forget 3 months from now!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
1:09 AM

Post #3232574

I usually 'trade' for what I need... if... there is a small number available...
Outerwise I just bring a bunch of stuff and let fly...
I think we got a ton of extras, everyone seemed to have a few... ...
But if it grows we seem to always find room... lol

Like everyone else I don't have a clue what will be available yet... I know I'll have Tropicals... but which ones?

If dispatcher is coming... and still doing slates... she needs time to get creative though so ...

Ric
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
2:26 AM

Post #3232870

I don't have a clue right now what I will have. It will have to come up, and show itself, and the increases over the winter, before I will know for sure. But I will be starting tomato seeds sometime next week, and will be willing to start some if you have requests for something in particular. I had 58 varieties of tomatos last year, and will probably be more this year. Most are heirlooms, and I have some good ones. Just let me know in a week or so.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2007
3:08 AM

Post #3233081

I'm the same as Bonnie, I've got tons of mater and pepper seeds, I just need to get the list organized and get them started.

I couldn't remember Michele, I just thought we'd talked about it at one point. I just thought it might be fun to have an extras table that we could take turns picking from. :) As far as I know I don't have a wedding to shoot this year, so I can stay til park closing if need be. LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
3:27 AM

Post #3233123

That's a great idea, just a table for plants not originally spoken for. We could be assigned numbers, and choose from that table, until they were all gone.

Don't forget, everybody needs to bring some sort of door prize. I enjoyed that immensely. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, just something garden related that maybe you already have and enjoy, and want someone else to have one just like it.
rox_male
Athens, OH

February 28, 2007
1:25 PM

Post #3233865

Love the idea of a door prize.

Love the idea of the extra table. Unless the weather totally wiped the graden, I need to get rid of some of the less deer resistant plants, including unnamed daylilies. [These were from the NC botanical garden, so they are good varieties, but the child removed the tags and now they are NOIDS.]

Also, I would love to plan some trades so I actually leave some room in the garden for them. Come May I sometimes go on a buying frenzy, trying to fill in all the dirt. Some how I think that the weeds will be less if I fill every nook and cranny. It's an obsession for which I need to seek counseling.

ROX
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2007
2:12 PM

Post #3234026

Rox, I don't think the counsel you'll receive here will help, lol. I'm a 'pack 'em in' kind of gardener too, and I'm hoping to curb that tendency once I've moved (yeah, right! We'll see how long that lasts, lol).

At this point, I know I'll have the following up for grabs:

Alternathera- Purple Knight
Perilla magilla- hot pink
Coleus
Various sedums
Lamium- White Nancy and Beacon Silver (purple blooms)
Various Heucheras
Tall phlox- Prime Minister, Bright Eyes, and others

I've got plenty of common stuff I can bring if anyone is interested, like Stella D'oro daylilies, Autumn Joy sedum, pink and yellow evening primrose, Jacob Cline monarda, and white yarrow. Also should have seedlings of various things I'm wintersowing and starting inside. Details will follow :)

Neal
rox_male
Athens, OH

February 28, 2007
7:15 PM

Post #3234907

Neal-
I absolutely love heucheras, so depending on the types (I have about 20 but they don't multiply like yours) I will probably be interested.
What are you looking for?

ROX
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2007
6:39 AM

Post #3236650

Soooo I have to actually know the names of the stuff I have?

LOLOLOL! Joking!...

(for the most part).
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2007
11:03 AM

Post #3236736

Rox, you know I LOVE tropicals (esp EEs and nanners), so I'm sure you've got any number of things I'd be thrilled with! Everything multiplies fast in the loose, frothy soil where I live now; thats the main thing I'm gonna miss about this place when I move. I'll be dividing more today (weather permitting), but so far I've got Silver Shadows, Cascade Falls, Stormy Seas, Lime Ricky, Creme Brule, Silver Scrolls, and Heucherella Kimono. Pics of them here:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/617210/
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2007
11:42 AM

Post #3236777

Lala, do you have a digital camera? If you can post pics or give good descriptions, we can probably tell you the ones you do not know.
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 1, 2007
1:04 PM

Post #3236925

Neal-
I'd love any and all. I absolutely adore Heuchera.

I have Lime Ricky, Creme Brule, Silver Scrolls...but I'll take a few more.
Funny, I had Heucherella Kimono, but the deer pulled it out of the ground and it died.

I don't have Silver Shadows, Cascade Falls, Stormy Seas, but would love some.

RE: EE.
I brought back some interesting EE collected in Hawaii. A few Xanths (Robusta and two no ID - BWilliams is working on it). And a few Alocasia without ID (including one that Brian suspects is a hybrid or a yet to be described.) If they pup (and it look like they are) I'll have some to trade.

Have really lushish A. gageana.
Will have other EE, but need to see how they do in the next few months as they wake up.
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2007
1:25 PM

Post #3236977

I know what you mean;I have to wait and see that winter storage went well before I'm sure what extra tropicals are available. I'll go ahead and put your name on some heucheras :)

This message was edited Mar 1, 2007 9:26 AM
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2007
4:38 PM

Post #3237612

Gemini..I would be interested in Lime Ricki or Creme Brule.. (both really:) And Rox I would love some of those really big EE's that you posted pics of.. I need to start thinking about what I have to share..I know I could bring some prickly pear cactus again if anyone wants some.. Beautiful yellow flowers on it but you want to plant them where you don't have to weed..they do well in dry areas or underneath your daughter's bedroom window.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
1:29 AM

Post #3239275

Jazz, do you have to bring in the cactus for the winter? I haven't ever had any, so I am asking beginner questions.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2007
1:50 AM

Post #3239350

These Opuntia are plenty hardy down where you are Bonnie.
I have 4 different ones in the yard (one for 10 years now) that do just fine.
The ones from Jazz should be flowering this year.

Ric
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
2:30 AM

Post #3239533

Thanks, you mean I can leave them outside all year?
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2007
9:57 AM

Post #3240194

Yep!
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 2, 2007
12:01 PM

Post #3240352

I'll try to bring some of the Fontanesii EE. The Colocasia had a really rough winter this year, but I should have a few.

ROX
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2007
1:19 PM

Post #3240614

Defoe, I have them planted in the ground. Perhaps I should try a pot to contain them a bit more and make the whole weeding thing easier. They are pretty forgiving. I think I have moved and or divided them every year and they just keep on trucking. I got mine from Dad and his plants covers a fairly large area. He has red Dianthus planted next to them and when they both bloom they are stunning! You definitely need leather gloves when you work with them though.. no matter how careful I am I seem to catch a couple fine needles.
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
1:24 PM

Post #3240636

Jazz, looks like I'll have plenty of divisions of those Heuchera :)
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2007
1:24 PM

Post #3240639

oohhh goody! What types of plants are you looking for?
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
1:47 PM

Post #3240710

Being a plant hog, I'm really easy to please, lol. I'm really loving coleus, begonias, cool foliage plants, cottagy perennials, daylilies, lilies, dianthus, dahlias, tropicals, glads...well, you name it, if I don't have it, I probably want it! If you are starting annual seeds, I love annuals too :)
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2007

Post #3240730

hmm.. well I am going to have to thin and rearrange my one bed because I obviously can't read the size portion of plant labels. I guess I am going to have to go to plant files and see how some of these are propagated. I am going to be taking out some daylilies. maybe.. lol.. just as I started thinking about it I thought.. hey but if I moved them maybe they would be better. I am DEFINITELY saying goodbye to Joylene Nichole.. She really doesn't like it in my yard
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
2:11 PM

Post #3240766

You are ripping out Joylene??? She has always done well for me!
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
2:40 PM

Post #3240856

I'd like to try JN, I'll soon have room to try every daylily I come across!
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2007
6:31 PM

Post #3241519

I have had Joylene for 3 years. Last year was the first time she bloomed for me and she wouldn't open up all the way. If you peruse the ugly threads from last year you will see what I mean.. I think this pic was the best she did for me

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
7:01 PM

Post #3241608

You must talk mean to her or something! ;)

Thumbnail by Badseed

Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
7:02 PM

Post #3241615

Okay, one more! LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed

Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2007
8:04 PM

Post #3241787

Here was her FFO

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin

Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2007
8:05 PM

Post #3241788

Sheesh.. Garden_sage isn't going to want her if I don't stop
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2007
10:26 PM

Post #3242255

As long as its not a disease causing the strangeness, I'll just hope she's happier in a new home. I do love pink!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2007
1:41 AM

Post #3242910

I am open to daylily trades also. I will have some pink dianthus, that smell heavenly. Maybe a few babies from my hen and chicks. Plenty of lirope, some mums, some iris (not named). That's all I can think of right now.
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 3, 2007
2:04 AM

Post #3242995

Good...I am going to dump a bunch of DL on you. Should I post pics? Remember they are No IDs (thanks to the tag swiping child) but they are beautiful!

ROX
DustyDS
Sugar Valley, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2007
2:06 AM

Post #3243011

Ooooohhhh Bonnie.. I would love one lil baby chick!!! I promise to turn it into a hen next year!!!!

I MIGHT have some coneflower from seed IF they come up this year...???

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2007
2:22 AM

Post #3243056

Dusty, You got that chick. Coneflower would be good.

Okay Jazz, what is it you are looking for?

I also have some aloe, I can trade.

This message was edited Mar 2, 2007 10:24 PM
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2007
4:26 AM

Post #3243351

One thing I KNOW I'll have plenty off will be Eggs! Anyone want to trade plants for a couple dozen farm fresh eggs? LOL
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 3, 2007
6:12 AM

Post #3243461

Ergh this is tough. I keep seeing you all go back and forth and I want to chime in so bad, but I guess that would be pointless 'til I know if I get to come. I do have some great looking seedlings started...dozens of varieties of annuals as well as perennials. And I am a pepper freak. I have 10 different kinds of peppers started (many ornamentals) and would love it if I could find some one to take the surplus. Last year I gave my extras to friends, but I don't think they gave them the loving care that they were born into. LOL.

Keep talking guys. You're breaking down my resistance.

This message was edited Mar 3, 2007 2:17 AM
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2007
6:21 AM

Post #3243464

Lala, you have to come! LOL I grow heirloom peppers, we can swap! Bonnie and I both do Heirloom tomatoes, last year I grew about 100 different kinds, this year, I'm cutting way back to about 20 or so different varieties. Daylilies, Iris, we'll get you fixed up, just make sure you have lots of room in your trunk. :)
Lala_Jane
North West, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 3, 2007
7:38 AM

Post #3243506

Hey girl don't you sleep either?

I always grow bell peppers, bananas peppers, thais, and jalapenos for eatin', but most of the rest of them are just for pretties. Last year I had some beautiful burning bush pepper plants with red foliage with small deep purple fruit. They were so pretty I plan to use them as a focal plant this year. And then there are the confetti peppers...and the medusas...and...

This is only my 3rd summer of being an obsessive-maniacal-gardner so none of my perennials are too mature yet, but I'm building, building, building!
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2007
11:29 AM

Post #3243633

Lala,

My first year gardening was an accident. My elderly neighbor had three extra tomato plants. That was enough to set the ball rolling. The next year I grew my own tomatoes and peppers from seed. The following year I got real brave and started herbs and perennials from seed. I think the rest, as they say is history!

At one point, my entire seed list was heirloom tomatoes and peppers...

Tell me more about those ornamental peppers...LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2007
1:12 PM

Post #3243836

Rox, dump as many daylilies as you want on me. I have a whole bed of NOIDS, and they are purty!

What do you want/need?
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 3, 2007
3:43 PM

Post #3244193

My #1 need is space but... I would love any of the following.

Fern leaf coleus
Other Coleus- shocking reds and shocking multi coloration combos.
Penstemon mesa
Verbascum 'Carribean Crush'
Veronica prostrata 'Goldwell'
Veronica teucrium 'Crater Lake'
Astrantia 'Ruby Wedding'
Astrantia 'Moulin Rouge'
Scabiosa ochroleuca
Cephalaria gigantia
Crocosmia 'emily mckenzie'
crocosmia 'George Davidson'
Agastache x Ava
Thalictrum (e.g. glacum; actaeifolium, black stockings)
Veronica 'Fairytail'
Aquilegia (yellow, red, orange, combo, preferably with long tails...e.g. McCana; chrysantha)
Athyrium felix-forma 'Lady in Red'
Viola koreana
Viola 'Silver Samurai'
Veronica Giles Van Hees
Platyocodon grandiflora 'Mariesii'
Phyllitis scolopendrium
Woodwardia orientalis var. formosana
Phyllitis cristatum
Corydalis 'Berry Exciting'
Lavandula 'Royal Velvet'
Delphinium 'Delft Blue'
Aconitum carmimichaelii 'Fischerii'
Aconitum cammarum 'bicolor'
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2007
4:58 PM

Post #3244363

I'll see what I can fix you up with. I always have coleus, don't know about the fern leaf though. Rest assured that I will fix you up with several of your wants.
unclehudy
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2007
7:43 PM

Post #3244790

How many people show up to a gathering like this?

Hudy
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 3, 2007
8:54 PM

Post #3244962

Here's the thread from last year. Regretfully work precluded me from coming last minute, but my plants made it thanks to a fellow DGer.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/599313/

ROX
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 3, 2007
8:55 PM

Post #3244965

Defoecat-
Many thanks!
ROX
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2007
9:29 PM

Post #3245036

Hi unclehudy! I don't know if I've had a chance to welcome you or not! I especially try to get the Ohio people!

This is only our 3rd Ohio together and I think we normally have 50ish people or so including kids and spouses. We usually only have members of DG with their family and sometimes a friend or two. We don't spread the word on other sites or anything, on purpose. We aren't trying for a huge meeting but like to get together with people we talk to all the time around here. :)

We're a pretty harmless and talkative bunch! I hope you'll consider spending the day with us.

Michele
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

March 3, 2007
10:49 PM

Post #3245231

I certainly hope to attend and will do painted slates made to order for trades. I like to have prearranged trades for them . I will bring an extra or two for a doorprize. This is my space, I just put up the "staked claim "sign. I had thought about painting some old windows for trade as garden windows if anyone is interested. I am starting some night blooming jassamine and if it roots, I will have it for trade. I will also have blue bachelor buttons ,ox-eye daisies forget-me - nots, gold cosmos, purple coneflowers and paprika yarrow and lunaria. I am anxious to see old friends from last year and meet some of you new ones. I'm glad it is a little later in the year . Maybe the weather will be better for the round up. What is the closest motel that is fairly reasonalby priced? I hope we can spend the night and wonder around cincy the next day. Lou

Will post trades here:
Have to trade:
Husker Red Penstemon
Creeping Thyme
Herb Robert ( (Geranium robertianum)
Shast Daisies
Papricka Yarrow
Hopefully, night blooming jasmine

Would like to trade for:
2 Tomato plants (Big type for sandwiches)
Salvias (Any KInd)
Hardy Geraniums
Really want... a great big elephant ear & Black eyed Susan Vine

This message was edited Mar 13, 2007 6:55 PM

This message was edited Mar 13, 2007 6:59 PM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2007
12:44 AM

Post #3245539

Lou, I sure would love to have some night blooming jasmine, oh how good it smells. For this I would trade you my first born!! Tell me something you want, and if I don't have it, maybe I can find it.

Welcome unclehudy, if you really want to get initiated into Daves Garden, come on to the Round up. I am not officially an Ohioan, but close enough, just over the river in Ky. After all this is the Ohio River Valley Garden Forum.

DustyDS
Sugar Valley, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 4, 2007
1:45 AM

Post #3245737

WELCOME Uncle Hudy!!! Please do plan to join us!!!
I'm a sorta Newbie too even tho I was born in Cincy...I just disappeared for a few years..If I can do it , so can you !!! LOL

Miz Lou?? I won't have anything worthwhile trading if anything, but I would sell my seat in Hades for something from you, and would bend on my knees to pay...Your work is lovely...I would love a window...I would suspend it in front of my south facing breakfast room window...Colors are Dutch Blue walls, white trim, and Bird Houses Galore...Just let me know...

Huggs
Dusty

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2007
1:57 AM

Post #3245763

Dusty, you will be pleased with Lou's work. I got a slate from her last year, and turned it into a welcome for my front door. I have gotten so many compliments on it, and everyone wants to know where they can get one.

Lou, I haven't given out your name, but if you want to start a retail business, I can hook you up with a few friends from here.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
2:18 AM

Post #3245824

dispatcher there are several B & B's down that way... and Motels at the Eastgate (SR 32) Exit of 275...
I wouldn't recommend the Beechmont ones...
Maybe we could give you a tour of Cincy on Sunday...

Ric
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
2:20 AM

Post #3245828

We have several 'custom' Lou's in our yard... She does a Kicking "Beware of Dog" sign!

Ric
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
3:13 AM

Post #3245966

Ric, Red Roof and Best Western are fine, I just wouldn't send anyone to the one behind GA carpet or Motel 6. :)
Everything at Eastgate falls into the pricey range. Lou, I've still got my signs from last year and love them!
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

March 4, 2007
4:48 AM

Post #3246201

Gosh, I just happened on this thread by chance..

I'm not sure what or how much I'll have, but I will bring a boatload. The one thing I know I'll have are Lilium bulblets... probabaly Silk Road, Leslie Woodriff, Black Beauty, White Henryi, Caravan, and a couple others. Also a pink hardy chrysanthemum with a lighter pink center.

I might have specialty daffodil bulbs, and also a 'Dragonwing Red' Begonia or two.

It is way easier for me to say what I want than what I'll have LOL!

I'd like a black Elephant ear and maybe some others. Also some heucheras...Geminii, I don't have any of the heucheras you mentioned, so let's see if we can trade. Rose Zepharine Drouhin.

Suzy
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2007
11:51 AM

Post #3246479

Suzy, I'd love bulblets of Caravan and White Henryi. I've started a list above that I'll be adding lots to :)
Neal
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
12:22 PM

Post #3246544

Suzi I'd love bulblets of any Lillium you have to spare.
I have EE's, Heuch's ... the exact ones will take a few weeks ... that darn Winter thing... lol
I'll trade a speciality EE for a Dragonwing ...

Ric
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 4, 2007
1:52 PM

Post #3246768

Defoe..I would love ot have some more sun coleous. I got a bunch last year (Yes I was the newbie :) And they were beautiful! They especially looked great around the base of my bird bath and they got a bit of extra water being there! I loved them for the constant splash of color. Chele gave me a Kopper King last year and I got lots of compliments from that plant.. If anyone is looking for a hibiscus with purple foliage talk to Chele.
I have hens and chicks also. They have filled up their space.. I have a couple different types and one is spiderwebby.
I probably need to wait until thing start coming up to really see what I have. I have ground cover that I can share.. lol.
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 4, 2007
3:19 PM

Post #3247019

Jazz-
I might want some hens and chicks.

ROX
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2007
6:20 PM

Post #3247507

Jazz, you got the sun coleus. Will post it on my link above.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2007
6:30 PM

Post #3247528

If anybody has any lily of the valley, nicotina or ornamental grasses, they are on my want list. I also have plenty of unnamed canna bulbs.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
6:48 PM

Post #3247582

I'll have Nicotania Bonnie.
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 4, 2007
7:02 PM

Post #3247618

Melissa-
Do you have the fragrant white nicotiana? If so, can i have some?
ROX
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
7:12 PM

Post #3247653

Yes, it smells great. Sure Rox, not a problem.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
7:54 PM

Post #3247739

If it's plain old LoV you're looking for I should have plenty Bonnie.

I could use some Nicotiana also Mellisa..
Ric
rox_male
Athens, OH

March 4, 2007
9:39 PM

Post #3248031

Yes...one less seed to start!
Many thanks. Would eight plants be asking for too many?

ROX
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 4, 2007
9:50 PM

Post #3248057

Ihave LOV too.. I was giving some to Chele's person but I don't know how many they need
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
10:06 PM

Post #3248095

gotcha rox, ric. I love the stuff, had it in several pots on the deck last year. It smells wonderful!
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2007
11:51 PM

Post #3248379

Chele's person is Dusty. LOL
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2007
12:03 AM

Post #3248413

Ric, I'm sure to have lilies too; I've just started digging and there are at least 75 in my fridg now. I'll be potting a lot too (any that I bring for sure). Any colors you're looking for?
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2007
12:45 AM

Post #3248544

if either of you have dark red lillium I'd love a couple of those.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2007
12:47 AM

Post #3248552

Any Lillium are welcome here!
I have dozens that slowly died out due to lack of Sun (and knowledge on my part! lol) both have been corrected.
I've raised 4 different ones for 3 years now so I feel confident w/ them.

We had Nicotiana we got from someone last year (possibly ROX or Tabasco) and it about knocked you over as you came out the front door at dusk... wonderful scent!

Edited to say: Chele must be Dusty's person as the only person Dusty answers to is Dusty (well Pillar but that goes w/o saying)

Ric

This message was edited Mar 4, 2007 8:49 PM
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2007
1:04 AM

Post #3248621

I'm not sure about dark red yet, but Ric, I do have some large L.henryii bulblets; those would look great with tropicals, and they are easy and prolific.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2007
1:13 AM

Post #3248655

Sound GREAT!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2007
2:08 AM

Post #3248870

ric. I accept your offer of LOV, what do I have that you want?

Melissa, I accept your nicotina, What do you have on your wish list?
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2007
2:26 AM

Post #3248924

I haven't come up with a wish list yet. LOL I'm easy, if it's not invasive and pretty, I'll find somewhere to stick it.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 5, 2007
12:08 PM

Post #3249540

I would like things that do well in dry shady areas. I have lots of ground cover under my Spruce trees but would like something a little more interesting.. The Heuchera isn't doing too badly.. and the money wort seems ok. I think I lost my blue hosta but will have to look this year. The last couple years I have barely looked on that side of the house due to circumstances.. So if it's a plant that can handle neglect that would be great also.. lol.. all my plants need to be able to handle neglect..

Hey Chele..I have some regular hosta I can probably divide this year if you are interested. I think you said something about filling shady spots?
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2007
7:42 PM

Post #3264960

I'm starting my maters. I'm proud of myself, I started way too early last year as an experiment... so this year I've been sitting on my hands waiting to get started. Here is my list of Tomatoes. If anyone wants anything in particular, tell me now. I'm not growing all these myself this year, but I do have them all here just waiting to grow for you! :) if you want something in particular from me, speak up now. :)

Aker's West Virginia
Amana Orange
Amy's Sugar Gem
Anait
Ananas Noir
Anna Russian
Arkansas Traveler
Azoychka
Bali
Banana Legs
Big Rainbow
Black Cherry
Black From Tula
Black Krim
Black Prince
Black Sea Man
Black Zebra
Bloody Butcher
Box Car Willie
Brandywine Black
Brazilian Beauty
Brown Berry
Carbon
Carbon
Carmello
Caspian Pink
Chapman
Cherokee Chocolate
Cherokee Purple
Cream Sausage
Dr. Wyche's Yellow
Druzba
Eva Purple Ball
Evergreen
Ferris Wheel
First Pick
Georgia Streak
German Johnson
Giant Belgium
Giant Syrian
Gigantesque
Golden Sunray
Goliath
Granny Cantrell's German Red
Great White
Green Sausage
Green Zebra
Hawaiian Pineapple
Henderson's Pink Ponderosa
Hillbilly
Indian Stripe
Italian Sweet
Japanese Black Trifele
Japanese Black Trifele
Kellogg's Breakfast
Kentucky Beefsteak
Leningradski
Lesacana
Lime Garden Salad
Lumpy Red
Marianna's Peace
Millionaire
Mirabell
Mortgage Lifter
Mr. Brown
Mrs. Housworth
Neves Azorean Red
Omar's Lebanese
Orange Banana
Orenburg Giant
Paul Robeson
Pineapple
Plum Lemon
Prudens Purple
Purple Calabash
Red Fig (red pear)
Red Zebra
Rouge D'Irak
Rutgers
Siletz
Snow White
Southern Night
Tartar of Mongolistan
Thai Pink Egg
Thai Pink Egg
Thessalonki
Tobolsk
Valiant
Watermelon Beefsteak
Weeping Charley
White Queen
Wins All
Winsall
Yellow Brandywine
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2007
8:20 PM

Post #3265094

Let me check my catalogs and see what I was going to order and I'll DMail you Melissa.
Anything Black, Purple and Pineapple for sure though... and Rouge D'Irak (which I got last year and loved!)

Thanks!
Ric
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2007
9:42 PM

Post #3265381

Probably ones I'm planning on growing myself, we prefer the blacks/purples for eating, just love the flavors. :)
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2007
9:53 PM

Post #3265431

Melissa, that is quite a list. I have about the same number, If I get ambitious in the next couple of days, I will post what I will have available. Not growing all of them, but will grow if you see something you want.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2007
10:23 PM

Post #3265547

Bonnie, we could just trade seeds with each other now! LOL

I've got a ton of other stuff going or getting ready to go if I can find all my trays.
DustyDS
Sugar Valley, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 9, 2007
11:28 PM

Post #3265779

I would LOVE a Cherokee Purple Tomato...A friend of mine in Texas lost all his last year during that drought and wildfire, so he had none to send me...
That flowerbox out front has a bunch of things starting to come up... 2 small patches look like they may be Daffys, but the rest aren't up yet enough to tell ...What a pleasant suprise!!

Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2007
12:57 AM

Post #3266125

You got it Dusty.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 10, 2007
2:27 AM

Post #3266412

Okay, Melissa, I will try to list my seeds tomorrow, and then we can just trade seeds. Saves transporting those babies.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2007 10:34 PM
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2007
2:06 AM

Post #3272097

Wow ya'll are really ahead on this RU. I don't know what I will have by that time. I'm sure I can help put on the ones wanting coleus. :) Melissa are your tomato seeds ones you have grown and saved or bought ones? I've been getting mine started this week. I have grown Granny Cantrell's from the original person and didn't realize there where available to much commercially yet.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2007
2:38 AM

Post #3272178

Mystic, most of my heirloom seeds I have grown and saved the seed. Quite a few were gifts from VGMKY,. He helps Theinemans Nursery in Louisville, and they have a heirloom plant sale every year. Last year I went and bought about 10 heirloom varieties from them, raised them and saved seed. So I have probably 40-45 different heirlooms.

Would be happy to send you seed, or raise some, if you would like.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2007
5:19 AM

Post #3272547

Mine are all bought, I haven't figured out the saving the seed thing yet, rather, I forget to save seed every year.
I grew Granny Cantrell's last year from Shoe, and LOVED it. A couple of places are selling it this year, but I bought mine from Baker Creek, I think I even have a few seeds left over from Shoe last year as well. I just ordered some coleus cuttings, so we might be able to swap some of those too Peggy. :) I'm glad you're able to come! I think I need to make a big ole birthday cake for all these birthdays!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2007
10:46 PM

Post #3274475

I probably will have some dianthius, name unknown, but it smells very good. It is a pink, and blooms about end of May-June, so put that down.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2007
10:49 PM

Post #3274487

We need to see if we can get Kathy( Misty Meadows) up here this time too.

I picked up a few more packs of seeds today... we'll see what comes up!

Bonnie, did you want any seeds from my list? I've got a few pepper seeds too, and another order coming, (I hope soon) with some different peppers in it, and a few more maters. I think I'm addicted. LOL

This message was edited Mar 12, 2007 6:57 PM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
2:01 AM

Post #3275110

Melissa, honestly I don't know. I am pulling out my tomato seeds tonight, and starting them tomorrow. So I will try at the end of that process to list my seeds to see if there is anything you want. I do know that I had a giant Marconi pepper last year (heirloom) bought from VGKMY that is a very good one, and will be willing to share that one with you.

We will get together at the RU and talk about tomato seed saving, girl you can save bundles by saving your heirloom seeds, rather than buying them. then you will have more to spend on ?? daylilies, etc.

Oh, I would love to meet Kathy. Wonder if she can be persuaded to take a day off from the market and travel to our RU. I will make the offer to her, and she would be welcome to ride with me. I will d-mail her.

I might be interested in a mild-medium pepper for general use. We don't do the extremely hot ones.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 13, 2007
2:52 AM

Post #3275268

I know I can save, and every year I am fully intentioned on doing it... but I'm lucky if I can get my canna's out of the ground by cold, much less keep seeds straight! LOL I had planned on using the hoophouse to keep them from blowing over in their containers last year, and I've got the method saved, and have read it a bazillion times... I just never get around to doing it.

I dmailed Kathy too, about the roundup, and I wanted to ask her what was out in the nurserys in L'Ville right now. I"m hoping that I can just make a trip down there in a couple of weeks if I don't find all the annuals I need online in the mean time. :)

I've been looking at my photos from last year, end of may/early June to remind myself what will be blooming... and how filled out my containers were at that time to try to get an idea of when I need to start them this year to have them filled out by May 27. :) If it would STAY like today and tomorrows weather, it wouldn't be a problem!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
3:02 AM

Post #3275305

Melissa, I did the wintersowing this year, but so far, have nothing that has germinated. I am so disappointed, as I thought that I would start the flower (annuals) and have them ready to go by the time we could plant them out. So while starting tomato seeds tomorrow, I think I will toss some annuals in some flats and see how well they do there. Grrr, hate to waste the time, money, and effort for things that just won't germinate.

I will have to go back and see what I might have done wrong. They were wintersowed on January 19, and it will be 2 months next week. Wouldn't you think I would have had something by now?

I haven't d-mailed Kathy, but am going to do it right now. Hope we get a positive response.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 13, 2007
3:40 AM

Post #3275445

Bonnie, I wintersowed last year, and some stuff didn't start germinating until the end of March, so don't dispair too much. But, I didn't wintersow myself again this year, it was too much hassle for me, to keep the containers on the deck with my husband constantly witching about "Hillbilly Haven's"...

Kathy has commitments that day that she can't get out of...but, if we go back to an earlier date next year, or we do another get together in summer, maybe we can convince her?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
3:55 AM

Post #3275508

Oh, shoot, I knew that the Farmer's Market would be a problem. Maybe somtime during the summer we can do a mini RU, and she can come.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 13, 2007
4:00 AM

Post #3275535

That's what I was thinking. But, we'd probably have to do it either mid week, which would exclude a bunch, or on a sunday, which would exclude a bunch too probably.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
4:11 AM

Post #3275590

Okay, maybe we need to have a mini RU, during the week!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2007
9:29 PM

Post #3277969

Melissa sowed my tomatos today, here is what went in: The Dutchman, Granny Cantrell, Williams Striped, Yellow Brandywine, German Johnson, Pineapple, Big Zebra, Lumpy Red, Rouge D Irak, Tennessee Britches, Aurtralian Heart, Franks Large Red, Abe Lincoln, Cow's Tit, Mortgage Lifter, Box Car Willie, Isis Candy, Big Zac, 4th of July, Mr. Stripy, Hawkins, Cour d Bue, Black Russian, Amish Paste, Oregon Spring, Black Drim, Arkansas Traveler, Kelloggs Breakfast, Cherokee Purple, Persimmon, Big Rainbow, Barnes Mt. Pink, Barnes Mt. Yellow Better Boy, Heat Wave, Supersteak, Early Girl, Brandywine, Sweet Million, and Tip Top Cherry.

If there are any of those that you would like seeds of let me know.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2007
1:16 AM

Post #3278654

Bonnie can I get some seeds from you also?

Ric
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
1:57 AM

Post #3278764

Sure Ric, which ones are you interested in? Besides those listed above I have about 50 more varieties. Some are beefsteak, and just good eating tomatos. I have the Marconi Pepper seed too, It is a giant sweet green, instead of a bell shape, it is elongated, and I used them last year for roasting, or kabobs on the grill. They are really good. Just let me know and I will get them in the mail to you.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2007
3:17 AM

Post #3279104

Yes, Bonnie, Isis Candy, Black Russian, and cow's tit. LMAO I've never heard of that one! do I have any you want?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
5:48 AM

Post #3279447

Okay, Melissa I will put them in the mail tomorrow. I would like Akers West Virginia, Southern Night, and Weepig charlie. How many seeds do you want of each variety? I will do 10, if I have them.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2007

Post #3280013

I'll do the same Bonnie. 10 if I have them.
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2007
11:55 PM

Post #3497631

I've been trying to catch up on all the threads. Rox if you you still have Fontanesii I would love one, you wanted fern leave coleus I have Kiwi Fern and Kingwood Karnival that is sorta a fern leave. Ric I would love a big dipper, I don't think mine are coming back this year no signs yet. That last freeze we had really hurt my garden. I have started putting things on the trade thread if you see something you want let me know. Neal I would love the Lobelia I have coleus and tomatoes if you are not already covered for those. Lana you mentioned some things you want, let me check out this week if I can divide them yet and I will get back with you. :)
rox_male
Athens, OH

May 15, 2007
1:02 AM

Post #3497902

Mystic-
I have you and Jazz down for a Fontanesii. I would love Kiwi Fern.
Thanks, ROX
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 15, 2007
1:51 AM

Post #3498110

I'll be bring a bunch of Dippers... I'll save a big one for you mystic

Ric
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2007
12:04 PM

Post #3499308

Peggy, I'll put your name on the other pot of Lobelia. You've got wonderful Coleus and I'm just starting with them, so that sounds awesome :)
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2007
1:14 AM

Post #3518168

Thanks Rox, gemini_sage, and Ric. Sorry I didn't post here. I did list them in the Plants only thread. I know others ask for coleus so just yell at me. If I have any you want. I can't keep up with all the threads. I hope to update my list this week. I planned on doing it this weekend put I have had Hadlee about all weekend so didn't get it done. :) Does anybody need patio tomatoes or Aunt Rubys's German Green?
rox_male
Athens, OH

May 21, 2007
2:34 AM

Post #3518455

Anyone want the Ismene festalis bulbs? [Peruvial daffodils]
ROX
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2007
2:40 AM

Post #3518478

Don't forget to check the plant trading thread and check lists. It will be invaluable for what you promised and expect to get. GW made neat links which I put at the top so you can go to each person's list. :)
kevanrijn
Parkersburg, WV
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2007
3:06 AM

Post #3518605

Rox -- I would like some Ismene festalis bulbs... Can I bring you anything from my list? I have a couple of new additions to my available list. Just check http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3421673 here to see what I've got.

Kim

This message was edited May 20, 2007 11:27 PM
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2007
3:15 AM

Post #3518714

Kim, this one goes straight to your box (compliments of gardenwife). http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3421673
kevanrijn
Parkersburg, WV
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2007
3:19 AM

Post #3518726

Chele--thanks! I was trying to link to that but it's late and I didn't do it right.

Kim
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2007
3:22 AM

Post #3518737

LOL That's okay. I've not thanked Kimberley yet for the links. LOL

There was an open house at our other house today and there was not one visitor! Of course it was a beautiful day and there were no lookers at any of the houses from what I hear. We ran down this morning, mowed, weed eated, cleaned and got the heck out right before the showing.

I came home, fixed the link and shot out the door! Why is it there are never enough hours but there is always more than enough work???
kevanrijn
Parkersburg, WV
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2007
3:40 AM

Post #3518782

Chele -- sorry about the lack of lookers at the open house. Must feel especially discouraging after all the work you did preping for it!

My DM is a real estate agent, and I was one too, for a little while. I never had a house sell from holding an open house. We (my DH and I) go to open houses frequently. Looking for a new house is pretty much a hobby for my DH--I call him a "house slut" because he always has a roving eye out looking for another house! But we've never bought a house that we saw during an open house. Mostly we go to open houses looking to see what's available for what price--and out of pure vulgar curiosity. DH and I are both "old house" fans, so we go to nearly every open house in our historic districts...

The people who are truly in the market to buy will mostly likely come through your house with an agent --and not just ramble in during an open house. Open houses can be useful in really hot real estate markets...but mostly that is not how your buyer will find your house. Wishing you a quick and profitable sale soon!

Kim

Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2007
3:44 AM

Post #3518790

Thanks Kim. I'm not really distraught just yet but I sure wish it would sell! It's not been on the market very long, just under 2 weeks! We've already had 5 showings and one cancellation. I wish someone would tell me they hated something so I could rush in and fix it. LOL Soooooooooo, want a house in Ohio?? LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2007
4:14 AM

Post #3518844

Sooo, want a house in Pleasureville? No I think that our contract will hold up. I thought it very optomistic that we would hear something on Friday. I know that she has the financing, just waiting for all the inspections, appraisials,etc. Chele, I wish you luck, as it looks to be a good property. However, I on the other hand have an acre to throw in the mix!!
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2007
4:28 AM

Post #3518867

Rox, is the Ismene festalis perennial here? I thought they needed to be farther south.

Lana
rox_male
Athens, OH

May 21, 2007
12:07 PM

Post #3519174

No. I have to dig them up every year like the amaryllis.
Basically you dig they up before the 1st frost, store them on the garage floor until the green die and put them in a cardboard box in the garage for the winter.

ROX
kevanrijn
Parkersburg, WV
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2007
2:27 PM

Post #3519560

I can do that. I have other bulbs I have to dig too, so I have one bed in the yard that's just for plants that have to be dug up for the winter...

Kim
rox_male
Athens, OH

May 21, 2007
7:14 PM

Post #3520384

OK, I'll put you down for some.
ROX
kevanrijn
Parkersburg, WV
(Zone 6b)

May 22, 2007
12:15 AM

Post #3521353

Thanks Rox!
gemini_sage
Winchester, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2007
1:34 PM

Post #3534022

To anyone I have plants for, I've just updated my post on the plant thread with what I've got down for everyone, so be sure to take a look and make sure I have'nt overlooked something :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ohio River Valley Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Plant Lists with Invasives? tabasco 80 Aug 1, 2011 6:49 AM
Let's go gardening! Terry 1 Jul 9, 2008 12:16 AM
Adams County Amish Bird Symposium: March 3, 2007 tabasco 6 Sep 7, 2008 10:34 PM
Cincinnati Flower Show 2007 "Play in the Dirt" tabasco 18 Apr 21, 2007 7:48 AM
ORV Spring Plant Swap/Potluck Questions Illoquin 154 Mar 12, 2007 9:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America