Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 284, Views: 3,173
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

February 24, 2007
6:35 PM

Post #3220690

THIS ROBIN IS NOW CLOSED...

21 participants.. enjoy

Sign up here: THERES LOTS OF ROOM and lots of seeds for everyone about 200 packs and several baggies with bulk seed...

Robin closes on Saturday March 10, 2007 and will be mailed out on Monday, March 12, 2007 to momcat.

Same rules as before, must be a SUBSCRIBER of DG, remember these are not fresh seeds but from other robins and (some that I collected in late 2006) but most are a year or more old, some older most should still be good.

1. Subscribers only, US only
2. Take what you want and replace same number of packs
3. Mail out to next participant as soon as you can
4. someone come up with idea of what to do with the box at the end, please
5. have fun
6. If you sign up, please d-mail me your address
7. It will go in a flat rate box with confirmation label, but if you guys get it half empty and it is more cost effective to send via regular mail, that's alrlight too, just be sure to use the confirmation label and post your numbers here.

Since the last RR disappeared, these were the next people in line to get it, for now, they will remain on the list as the first to get this one, until I hear otherwise.. If someone doesn't want in on this list (the first 6), everyone else will go up one..

I anticipate this robin leaving in about two weeks, waiting for some seeds to arrive, but by that time I can have the labels ready and my seeds organized in baggies. I'll post a photo of the seed packs and box before it leaves..

1. momcat
2. bluespiral
3. dhemmer
4. CMoxon
5. 9Kittymom
6. lizren
7. Susan51
8. Ladygardener1
9. ByndeweedBeth
10. Kyleg05
11. Crimson
12. wineaux
13. cedarnest
14. babsadventure
15. creativedecor
16. Cheermom
17. dragonfly53
18. Chicory31
19. Buttoneer
20. DJM906
21. Hineni

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 3:43 PM

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2007
7:46 PM

Post #3220849

I want to play! =^..^=
Susan
=^..^=
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2007
1:34 AM

Post #3221907

I would love to join in. This will be my first round robin. Elizabeth
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2007
3:33 AM

Post #3222285

Hey I never did this and I am dead tired at the time to ask more questions but PLEASE I learn fast enough and I am not going to bed.
Please save me a spot.
More tomorrow,
Susan :-)
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2007
3:34 AM

Post #3222286

P.S I am going to bed :-( sorry for the mistake...
Susan
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2007
2:40 PM

Post #3223125

I would like to join! D-mail on way!
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2007
3:49 PM

Post #3223325

Great news! Thanks for restarting it. I will look forward to it!
Claire
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

February 27, 2007
6:56 PM

Post #3230797

I'd like to join!!
Beth (I'm in the address exchange)
kyleg05
Russellville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2007
5:18 AM

Post #3233333

I'll join too~~~ Kyle ~~~

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2007
12:02 AM

Post #3235889

Nice to see this one going 'round again - thank you. Yup, I'd like to join. Glad you got my seeds already - Life detoured Momcat from her last two attempts to participate in a robin, so wanted to be sure she had fun with this one.

karen
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 1, 2007
3:16 PM

Post #3237327

This is going to be a FULL box, so far there are 200 seed packs and several baggies with bulk seed in them.. I keep adding more of the seed I have and Bluespiral sent some seeds in too.

Remember that game show?? COME ON DOWN..lol and sign up ...

just added Crimson, she d-mailed..
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

March 1, 2007
3:54 PM

Post #3237442

I've never done this before but sounds like fun. I'm in...Susan
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2007
8:55 PM

Post #3238390

Thank you Karen, for your kind words. I keep thinking I will try to start a robin, but my mom's not been doing great lately. Still hospitalized since last spring, they had to put in a trach tube today. I could use the fun of receiving a robin to distract me, if only for a few minutes!! From the size it sounds like this will be, maybe a lot longer distraction than a few minutes!!
Deb
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2007
2:54 PM

Post #3244100

Gourd Sign me up please! I have been waiting for this : )

Deb,Praying for your mother.

Nancy
babsadventure
west allis, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 3, 2007
6:26 PM

Post #3244600

Sign me up too please!!! babs
creativedecor
Dothan, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 3, 2007
10:05 PM

Post #3245107

Hi Everyone,
I am now a subscriber and would like to be on the round robin also. Sign me up please.
Thanks
Gail
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 3, 2007
10:32 PM

Post #3245182

Welcome Gail,
Just added your name.. please D-mail me your address. Also, there is an address exchange if you want to put your address in there. Just click on my info, then on the tab that says Extras, then on the DG Address Exchange..

You will love DG and never want to leave after you get to reading and participating in the forums..

Again, welcome and have fun.

Antoinette

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

March 4, 2007
10:26 AM

Post #3246397

I'd like to sign up please. I'm a subscribing member and I have a lot of seeds to share/contribute as well. And I'll send you my address. Thanks.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2007
11:19 PM

Post #3251656

dmailed address

This message was edited Mar 29, 2007 4:41 PM

This message was edited Mar 29, 2007 4:41 PM
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2007
12:27 PM

Post #3256848

I would like to join in too. D mailing my address.

Thanks
Kerrie
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 8, 2007
2:26 AM

Post #3259532

Okay everyone

,,, I just received the seeds from Weezingreens in ALaska and there has to be more than 100 packs of seeds in there, I have not had a chance to count them, but will and will take photos of all the seeds tomorrow.. They are neatly packaged and it must have taken her alot of time to label and make those packets. These seeds will also be in this Round Robin.. which brings this robin to over 300 seed packets..

THANK you..Weezingreens.

Antoinette

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 8, 2007
2:28 AM

Post #3259537

I should have added that maybe at the end of the Robin, it can be sent to a Newbie on the seedtrading forum to share with other newbies, they can start another robin to help them out..

Let me know what you all think about that.. it will be helping out non-subscribers.

Antoinette
creativedecor
Dothan, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 8, 2007
2:58 AM

Post #3259649

Hi Everyone,
Wow, thank you Weezingreens for that seed donation. You must have beautiful gardens to collect that much seed...I am so happy to have found DG. I have learned so much from reading the different garden talks. I even got brave and tried the coffee filter germination method for some old 2005 seeds I had and some 30 cent ones from Walmart...I am happy to say that the germination rate is great and fast...I don't think I will do it anyway else unless the seed dictates it.
I would volunteer to help with the seed to go to newbies...Many people are helping me now...If there is anything I might do just let me know..I work next door to a daily mail store. So it would be easy for me to mail things...Just let me know what everyone decides...I am a newbie but very willing to help.

Thanks for all the great info...Happy Plantings...Happy almost Spring!!!!

Gail
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 8, 2007
8:16 PM

Post #3261568

these seeds are from Weezingreens in Alaska

THANK you Weezingreens

like I said almost 100 packs, neatly packaged and marked with growing instructions.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 8, 2007
8:17 PM

Post #3261570

seeds from Bluespiral,
THANK YOU ... Bluespiral.

Thumbnail by Gourd

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 8, 2007
8:18 PM

Post #3261574

seeds again, I meant to post another photo

This message was edited Mar 8, 2007 2:52 PM

Thumbnail by Gourd

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 8, 2007
8:19 PM

Post #3261577

all seeds together..

Thumbnail by Gourd

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 8, 2007
8:20 PM

Post #3261579

Box is ready to go..almost, just need to place address labels in there on top.

Thumbnail by Gourd

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 9, 2007
12:08 AM

Post #3262307

Antoinette I Love your pictures! Thanks for all of your hard work in preparing the robin for flight. Such a wonderful packing job you have done : )That is a mighty chubby Robin : ) Thanks Antoinette, Weezingreens and Bluespiral for your amazing and extremely generous contributions.I am sooo excited and it hasn't even started flying yet. Looking forward to it : )
Nancy
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2007
11:02 PM

Post #3265680

I cant wait for this is my first RR... so excited... LOL
Susan
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 9, 2007
11:09 PM

Post #3265705

Wow!! This robin looks like it will be incredible.

I can hardly wait!!

Deb
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 9, 2007
11:33 PM

Post #3265803

This looks like it is going to be fabulous. Thanks to all those who have generously contributed seed! I've received seed from Weezingreens before, and her packaging is detailed and so helpful. There looks like a lot of fun stuff in the box, judging from the pictures. Can't wait to see it! Elizabeth
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2007
11:40 PM

Post #3265828

Count me in! It's contagious. I am listed in the address exchange. Thanks so much.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 10, 2007
1:30 AM

Post #3266242

Okay guys, it's getting ready to fly...

yes, a big thank you to Weezingreens and Bluespiral it was hard NOT to stick my hot little hands on their seeds..lol.. but, I said only MGs and Veggies for me this year. ...

this was so much fun to pack and put together..

we still have to think of what to do with it at the end guys.. so give some ideas.. Will post the ideas that have come up on Monday..

Antoinette

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

March 10, 2007
1:32 AM

Post #3266253

I love Weezingreens seeds. I got some last year and some of them (the perennials) are starting to come back up. They are nice seeds!!

Susan
=^..^=
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2007
1:19 PM

Post #3267380

That box looks adorably tempting! LOL
I just have so many seeds that I am probably going to have to rent a yard just to use one of each.
It is so good to see this box back in circulation again. Just a pity that someone chose to grab and keep the first attempt. Sometimes I think the person who keeps them just doesn't know the rules and thinks they are just a gift. At least I hope that is their reason.
It is always hard to decide what to do with the boxes once they have completed thier rounds.
You could raffle it off to anyone interested that is a member of the list of participants. It would give someone a chance to either start it over again or use the contents for future trades etc.
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2007
1:56 PM

Post #3267533

This is very exciting! Can't wait to look through the seed packets. Thank you Gourd, Weezingreens and Bluespiral, for all your hard work and supplying those seeds.

Is there a scout troop, or senior living center that would take on a garden project that could use some of those seeds at the end of the flight.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 10, 2007
1:56 PM

Post #3267534

Oh Windy,
I really like that Idea, the perfect thing to do..

the box raffled off and the last person will mail it to the Winner..

Is everyone alright with that?

THIS ROBIN IS CLOSING TODAY...

cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2007
2:01 PM

Post #3267559

That sounds great to me.I love the idea of the raffle : )
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2007
2:02 PM

Post #3267561

I cant wait...LOL How do you do the order in which it is sent out? I have never done one of these before... I am so excited... Can anyone tell?????
Susan
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 10, 2007
2:36 PM

Post #3267655

Susan, what I did, since it is going Flat Rate, it will go in the order people signed up on this thread.

If it were going regular mail, we could have sent it to the closest person to me, then to the next closest person, and so on, to save on postage. But, since it will cost the same at the Flat Rate, it won't matter how far in the U.S. it has to go.

Ladygardener, looks like we were posting at the same time.

Raffle sounds great, and then that person can do with it as they please.

I added a couple more seeds yesterday and will try to pack in a couple more packs, but I tell you, that thing is full as full can be.

A.

ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2007
2:51 PM

Post #3267698

A. the raffle sounds good to me. Count me in! I just can't wait to go through that box, It's like Christmas for me! Hope everyone reports back as to what they picked and are growing from the box.

Chris
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2007
8:26 PM

Post #3268469

Hi Gourd,
If it's not too late, my mom, DJM906 asked me to sign her up. She is hoping to be out of the hospital within the next month or so. She still may be bed ridden or have limited mobility, but she has always loved participating in robins.
She's in the address exchange.

Thanks,
Deb
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2007
9:18 PM

Post #3268602

Thanks to Bluespiral who clued me in to this - I've been offline for a while due to some family emergencies and business travel with my first visit to Dave's this month just yesterday (sob!) Please allow me to play too!

Thanks,
~Sunny
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 10, 2007
9:45 PM

Post #3268651

Okay got everyone... Closed the Robin..

Momcat, will your mom by able to mail this out to the next participant, does she have someone to help her?

Thanks everyone for participating and I'll post the confirmation number on the first thread next to the name: Momcat and if each of you can post your confirmation number the day you mail it to the next person, that will be a great help in tracking it down.

THANK you again.

Enjoy

Antoinette
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 11, 2007
12:49 AM

Post #3269188

Antoinette, I love the idea of a raffle, and please count me in on it. I am excited to get to see this box flying. What fun! Elizabeth
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2007
1:15 AM

Post #3269283

Yes, Antoinette, either my brother or I will see that the box gets mailed on to the next participant, if mom still can't get out.

Deb
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 12, 2007
4:08 PM

Post #3273430

The Robin has left... it weighed 5 pounds 4.50 oz... like a newborn... Also, I asked the postman when it was good not to go via flat rate, he said if it is under the five pounds it would be cheaper. Anyway, I tried to stick as much as I could in there.

Have fun. Let us know when you receive it.

Momcat - confirmation number is: 0306 0320 0003 3363 8538

All: please post the confirmation number as soon as you can when you mail off the box to the next person and hopefully no-one will keep it too long.

A.
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

March 13, 2007
12:29 PM

Post #3276182

I just saw the pics...WOW!!! Can't wait for my "turn". You all have done such an amazing job. I feel like an expectant mom.
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2007
2:13 AM

Post #3282653

I just got home, and the robin has landed!!! All I can say is WOW!!! I have never seen a robin this packed with seeds!! I haven't had a chance to go through it yet, and, I don't know how it will all fit back in the box once it's removed!! My class tomorrow night has been cancelled, so I can take my time and go through it tomorrow after work.

I'll post when I get it out. I'll try to get home from work early enough on Friday to get it out, if not Friday, Saturday for sure.

Deb
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 15, 2007
2:55 AM

Post #3282792

glad you liked it... you have to push on it..lol.. it was hard to tape, had DH help me tape it shut.

enjoy..
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2007
10:31 AM

Post #3291112

What a great robin!! There were so many seeds that were new to me, I looked some up, but it was a bit overwhelming!! I have some really great stuff, and added some more. The box is bulging a bit, but I don't think it's packed nearly as neatly as it was when it arrived. I did my best!!

It is now on it's way to Blue Spiral. Confirmation # 0303 2460 0000 1942 0055

Thanks Antionette for restarting this.

Deb
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 18, 2007
3:35 PM

Post #3295002

Deb,
I'm so happy you liked it and found some new stuff... Weezingreens really put some neat seeds in there, some I never heard of either.

Haven't had a chance to post the last couple of days, working on making some raised beds.. maybe I can have one with just sunflowers, I bought some different colored ones.

these beds will have three rows of wood when we are done... we started them last weekend.. just taking a break now.. we just put in the other three rows and I'll take a photo later on.

Fly Robin Fly...

Thumbnail by Gourd

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2007
9:14 PM

Post #3299775

My goodness, Gourd, I get dizzy just falling into all that blue sky over all that flat space - looks infinite. Here, space is more up and down, not horizontal. So, I was delighted to find little low plants to carpet slopes and narrow beds - hardy gems - from Weez - I took a pinch here and there, so there's some left for the next folks. Was also extremely pleased to find a night-flowering, fragrant vine with white fringed flowers: Lagenaria siceraria - I think that was the bottle gourd - tons of seed there - purple agastache - adenophora bulleyana (that one is no longer in the box, but a couple more adenophora species are).

Can you tell I feel like the cat after dining on the canary? I put lots more stuff in and the box is now all taped up again and addressed and ready to go out to the post office in the morning.

Wonderful box, and thank you so much Antoinette and all who fattened up that box with such wonderful seeds.

karen

Momcat, it was nice crossing paths with you again - glad you got in on this
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 20, 2007
12:49 PM

Post #3301728

Yeah, there was some neat seeds in there from you and Weezingreens.. Glad you liked it and hope there were somethings you could use. I put in a couple of little rakes and a couple of Dream Catcher key rings for anyone that can use them. (woulda put the kitchen sink if I coulda..lol..)

A.

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

March 20, 2007
6:59 PM

Post #3302971

No kitchen sink in the "stuff" I added - just more annual and perennial flower seeds. The robin flew off today to dhemmer - confirmation #0307 0020 0003 8475 7754.

Wonderful way to celebrate the Equinox, Antoinette, many more thank yous -

karen

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

March 26, 2007
8:15 PM

Post #3323363

I just followed up with the confirmation # to see what happened, and the post office says:

Your item was delivered at 11:35 AM on March 22, 2007 in BELLEVILLE, IL 62223

I hope dhemmer is doing okay.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 26, 2007
9:10 PM

Post #3323560

I hope she is okay too. She has not responded to my D-mail from a few days ago.

A.
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

March 27, 2007
9:01 AM

Post #3324945

Hi all! The robin just flew in to my house yesterday evening when I got home. Hooray! It is so full of weird and wonderful seeds! There are quite a few unlabeled that I have no idea what they are! I will dig through it all tonight, make my selections, replace the ones I choose, and get it re-posted tomorrow. Presumably this means that dhemmer got it and re-sent it, so I am presuming she is okay. It really is a super package!

Claire
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

March 27, 2007
9:03 AM

Post #3324955

You know, I'm curious...with the number of people still to go on the list, and the time of year (i.e. it's already getting late for seeding in some places), is there any value to splitting this Robin into two? I would be willing to do that if folks think it's a good idea. That way everyone would get something sooner. Just a thought. I'm perfectly happy to send it on as is - I'm just thinking about the folks at the end of the list!

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2007
7:06 PM

Post #3326797

Seeing as how I'm number 17, I'm all for splitting it, if I can get it faster. This is my first RR and it's exciting!
Terri
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 27, 2007
7:53 PM

Post #3326959

I'm not that far from getting it. but splitting it and sending 1/2 backwards from 21 would be nice. That way we would have 2 boxes. But that would mean making more mailing lables.
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 27, 2007
8:00 PM

Post #3326980

Well with the idea of splitting in 2 and the 2nd half sending it backwards would put me about last in line : ( Don't think I would care for that. I am about in the middle now and thats ok with me.But whatever you all decide I will go along with.
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

March 27, 2007
8:50 PM

Post #3327142

I don't think it would mean making more mailing labels because the labels for everybody are in the box now. If I split it, I would put half the labels in the one box and half in the other (in order) and then they would each get sent on their way. I'm going through the seeds now.

What if I split it so that recipients 5, 7, 9, 11, etc are in one box, and recipients 6, 8, 10, 12, etc are in the other box? There are quite a few duplicate seeds so each box would be, more or less, very similar. There are a ton of seeds here (as you can see from the pictures) so I think it would be more than enough for all if I were to split it.

Is anyone vehemently opposed to me splitting it as described above? It would cost me extra to send 2 boxes but I think for the sake of those on down the line, it would be better.

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

March 27, 2007
9:47 PM

Post #3327370

I am for whatever you think is best. Since I am still next in line, of course it doesn't matter to me. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2007
1:07 PM

Post #3329201

CMOXON quote: "What if I split it so that recipients 5, 7, 9, 11, etc are in one box, and recipients 6, 8, 10, 12, etc are in the other box"

Sounds good to me because here in SO Virginia the temps are over 70 this week, I'm thinking we are past the last frost date so can start getting my gardens started. I'm afraid we'll have drought like last year, only earlier so the faster I can get them started and mulched, the better!
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2007
1:18 PM

Post #3329230

Terri,
It is almost 80 here as I type in Danville, Sorry have not spoken to you lately but have been out on surgery leave...
Susan
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2007
3:08 PM

Post #3329539

I was looking forward to the variety of such a big box... just my two cents worth.
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

March 28, 2007
4:03 PM

Post #3329688

Well, I can send it on as is. I would just not want to be last on the list. It left on March 12 and by March 27 arrived at the 4th person. There are 21 people on the list. March 12 to 27 is 15 days. So, roughly 2 weeks for 4 people. By extrapolation, this means for the remaining 17 people, it would take roughly 8 more weeks, which means that in theory, the last people will be getting their seeds at the end of May, which is really when even those of us up north are actually transplanting out, not just starting seeds.

What I would like to point out is that there is a great deal of duplication in the box. There are a lot of seeds, many with 5 + packets of the same seed. So the variety is not in the size of the box, the variety is in the numbers of packets per type of seed. I can split tonight, and anything that there is only one packet of, I can split into two packets, so the variety would not be different between the two boxes.

Theoretically, everybody would then get their box in roughly 4 weeks, so by the end of April.
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 28, 2007
4:05 PM

Post #3329692

I think if we are prompt about getting the box mailed back out, it won't be a problem.
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

March 28, 2007
4:52 PM

Post #3329857

OK, I will send it on as is then. Sorry for the disruption. I was just trying to make it better for everybody concerned. I guess I should not have brought it up.
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 28, 2007
4:55 PM

Post #3329867

No CMoxon, no apologies necessary. It is always good to explore our options!
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2007
7:21 PM

Post #3330382

CMoxon, That's ok, we all should have talked about it from the beginning before it was first sent out, I think most of us want to explore the BIG box, and you never know what just might show up in it ; ) .
dhemmer
Belleville, IL
(Zone 6a)

March 28, 2007
10:26 PM

Post #3331083

hello everyone!
I have been working 12 hr shifts and not much time to do much else. i went thru the box when i got off work the day it came. repackaged it. and had my hubby mail it on sat. sorry i didnt take the time to let you know the tracking #. Im off for the next 5 days so i can get some seeds planted and check on my plants my husband has been taking care of. i have already found 6 dead ones while looking with the flashlight. I hate when i go to work when it is dark and come home when it is dark. but longer day light hrs are on the way! This was my first round robin and i enjoyed it very much. thanks so much for all the fun
diana
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

March 29, 2007
9:00 AM

Post #3332026

Sent to 9Kittymom. DC is 0103 8555 7499 0948 3178.
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 29, 2007
2:49 PM

Post #3333170

CMoxon, it was a good try :) Those of us at the end will just have a jump on winter-sowing next winter I dare say!

Glad you're okay Diana.

The best thing about being last is that I don't have to rush to get it back to someone :D I can ooh and ahh, and ogle with delight.
Then I send it to the drawing winner.

~Sunny

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2007
5:17 PM

Post #3333611

Cmoxon,

It was a very thoughful idea and I appreciate you thinking of the planting dates for those of us on the tail end.

As far as the variety of the seed, that's the excitement of having a lot of people to put in seeds, you never know if the person after you will put in something great! So, I'm just in it for the fun of getting to see what's in the box! If you start thinking about what you might have missed, you'll go crazy!
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

March 30, 2007
7:07 PM

Post #3337814

I just love surprises! Everyday I check the mail even though I'm #12 on the list...LOL

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

March 31, 2007
2:03 PM

Post #3340021

OMG, I am in seed heaven!!!!
This is the most fun I have had in EVER...

90% of them I don't even have a clue what they are so I am so thankful I received this on Saturday and I have two whole days to go through and lookup everything.

Wow OH WOW, you are in for a treat. I will list what I took eventually if I ever make up my mind. I have a big pile right now and I know I can't plant all this, so I am going to have to get myself under control and just take a few of each so they don't get wasted.

Got so excited I had a hot flash and my right hand went numb. ROFLMBO

Susan
=^..^=
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2007
2:11 PM

Post #3340050

Susan..You will be ok sweetie..I hope..lol hot flashes and hands going numb...better remember to pace yourself and take a few deep breaths.LOL These are always so much fun aren't they?
Nancy
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

March 31, 2007
6:17 PM

Post #3340754

OMG...I'm trembling! LOL Can't wait!

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2007
2:17 PM

Post #3343704

Quick!!! a question...

There are two BIG bags of huge seeds, one says Basket Gourd and the other says Bucket Gourd.
The seeds look the same to me. I want to try these but I can't find them anyplace to see what they are.

Can anyone tell me???
Please??? LOL

Susan
=^..^=
dhemmer
Belleville, IL
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2007
7:35 PM

Post #3344635

The basket gourds end up to be about a bushel in size if you trim the vine to only 1 gourd per vine. wait till the entire vine is brown and dry before you pick the gourd. then dry the gourd in a dry airy place. when the seeds rattle the gourd is dry enough to use. nick the seed coat soak in room temp water for 24hrs before planting. good luck. see if this web site helps you.
http://www.carolinagourdsandseeds.com/
diana
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2007
8:27 PM

Post #3344799

Oh cool I hope some are left by the time I get it... I am trying allot of diffrent gourds this year and dont have either of these... I cant wait for the box..LOLOL I am like a little child waiting and waiting... did I mention waiting???? LOL
Susan

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2007
9:25 PM

Post #3344991

LOL, I was so excited, the name on the bag actually says bushel gourd and kettle gourd. Are they the same? Like I said the seeds look pretty much alike.

Susan, there are a ton of these, so unless liz takes them all, which I doubt you will get some. *grin*

I hate to disappoint you all, but I didn't get them all gone through and they are not going to go back out until Tuesday. You will understand when you get the box. It is truly awesome!!

Susan
=^..^=

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2007
9:27 PM

Post #3344999

Diana, I forgot to thank you for the gourd site. Very helpful!
Susan
=^..^=
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2007
9:18 AM

Post #3346334

Susan51, not to worry! I probably won't take gourd seeds, as last year I had enough volunteers to frustrate me from intentionally planting seeds again in the near future. They can overwhelm the amount of good planting space I have. (Last year I had them climbing over some boxwoods...) Plus, I can never manage to keep the gourds from succumbing to mildew or something before I get to use them decoratively off the vine! Sounds like a large quanitity will be on its way to you :-)

Kitty, you have me salivating!

Elizabeth
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 2, 2007
10:02 AM

Post #3346435

i'm happy that the RR is flying and very happy you all have liked it.

I've been filling up raised beds and am very sore.. lol.

Thanks everyone for keeping it going on it's way.

A.
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

April 2, 2007
5:39 PM

Post #3348098

A lot of gourd seeds look the same, just as watermelon and cantelope do.

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2007
6:38 PM

Post #3348329

OK, it is all 'packed' ( I should say stuffed) back in it's box.

Now with my luck of course, the usps website is down. ugh!!

I still am trying though. I am very determined!!!

Liz, you better be careful when you open this thing. It is going to spring open like a spring loaded box and spray seeds all over the room. ROFLOL

I have never in my life seen so much in one box and I added so much more, I wasn't sure it was going to close. I don't see how you can add much, unless you take out a lot. *grin*

It should be picked up tomorrow if I can get the darn label to print, I will post the confirmation # if (when) it does.

susan
=^..^=

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2007
6:55 PM

Post #3348383

hooray...finally!!

Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7490 0638 1674

will be picked up tomorrow.
Susan
=^..^=
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

April 2, 2007
7:02 PM

Post #3348402

ARGH! Six more!
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

April 2, 2007
7:05 PM

Post #3348416

13 to go for me. Ahhh well...
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2007
10:19 PM

Post #3349154

Thanks Susan, I am duly warned to stand back when opening! :-) I have made a list of things I am particularly looking for, and hope that makes the sorting process go more quickly. Can't wait to see it, and get to digging through! Elizabeth

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2007
12:46 AM

Post #3349654

There weren't very many that I took all of the pack. Most I took a few and left the rest so you still have a big variety. Plus a whole bag of new ones that I put in. You will stay busy for awhile just going through them. But it is so much fun!

Susan
=^..^=
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2007
8:54 AM

Post #3350199

Ya'll are really making the anticipation build...hahahaha. This is SO much fun :)
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2007
11:39 PM

Post #3353018

Oh I cant wait... I was not really worried about the gourd seeds I am just excited about the whole thing... I never did one of these before... I cant wait...LOL...
I hope everyone is having a good week so far...
Susan

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2007
12:38 PM

Post #3358380

Uh oh! No status yet, 2 days after it was mailed!

Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7490 0638 1674

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 3, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2007
1:00 PM

Post #3358438

Yeah, I have been checking it myself ;-)

I dmailed kittymom this morning, and she assures me it was picked up on Tuesday the 3rd. If everything is working as it should, I imagine I should have the RR by tomorrow at the latest.

I will post the moment it arrives on my doorstep! Elizabeth
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2007
2:27 PM

Post #3358692

It's here. It's huge. I will do my best to get it out quickly...

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 5, 2007
2:30 PM

Post #3358697

LOL, it is huge isn't it!!! It isn't easy to go through it quickly. ROFLMBO

Hope you don't have anything else planned for awhile...

Susan
=^..^=
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

April 5, 2007
4:26 PM

Post #3358995

I am getting anxious...need a zannex!
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

April 5, 2007
6:09 PM

Post #3359336

12 to go.
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2007
6:11 PM

Post #3359350

Well, I just spent a solid three-and-a-half hours going through the box, and I had a list of things I was looking for to help me out with my searching. There are lots of fun seeds to try, and I put lots back in, too. So the box is still as fat as ever, and I will take it to the PO tomorrow. I'll post a confirmation number when I have it.

Thanks to all who contributed to this fun project. I've enjoyed my first RR!!
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2007
7:59 PM

Post #3359679

I'm after Susan! I have been speechless with anticipation. Can't wait to get my hands on this box of goodies. I guess I should clean off my dinning room (catch-all ) table so I have room to spread things out. This will be a good weekend project since I can't get out in the garden. It has been snowing all day today, but I'm thinking nice spring days.

Chris
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

April 6, 2007
8:43 AM

Post #3361103

I hope I get it on Friday or Saturday...3 to go :-)

Has it been decided what to do with the box when this is over?
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2007
12:13 PM

Post #3361730

I believe it was stated that there would be a raffle, and the last person (moi), would send it to the raffle winner :) At least, I think that is still the plan...

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 6, 2007
12:44 PM

Post #3361847

Hi there,
Glad the bird is fat and flying..lol..

Yes, we'll do a drawing at the end.. it will be a good surprise for one of you... also, what do you all think of having the original starter of this robin do the dawing?

Windy started this I think 2 years ago.. have to find the link to be exact.. But, I was thinking that she might like the honors of conducting the drawing, picking a name out of a jar or something similiar.. and posting it here.

Hopefully it keeps it's route.

Thanks everybody for being so prompt in sending it out.

A.
lizren
Coaling, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 6, 2007
4:08 PM

Post #3362446

Well the robin is flying again. And just like a newborn it has gained some weight over the past weeks. Gourd's post when it started its route said it was 5 lbs, 4.50 oz. It is now fattened up to 5 lbs. 11.90 oz. I dropped it off at the PO around 11:30 this morning.

Confirmation number 0306 2400 0002 9547 7632

Have fun everyone!
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2007
4:34 PM

Post #3362528

I've never seen 5 lbs of seed at one time...0_0

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2007
9:14 PM

Post #3363384

It IS amazing!!!

Susan
=^..^=
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2007
11:28 PM

Post #3363876

WOW! I would like to do the raffle drawing. Sounds like a chunky box.
When the last person gets it, send me an email. I am "watching" the thread also. I like to follow this even though I am not in the line-up.
I think it is best to wait until it is at the last destination so everyone in it can keep the hope of being the winner all the way through the list. LOL
A n t i c i p a t i o n!
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2007
11:15 AM

Post #3364990

Oh its on its way to me I cant wait...LOLOLOL so excited... Do we send this back out priority mail? I never did this before...
Susan
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 7, 2007
12:48 PM

Post #3365320

Hi Susan51,

yes, please sent it out Priority mail, in the same Flat Rate Box it is in, with confirmation number. You can get a confirmation number on line or at the PO. Thanks..

A.
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

April 10, 2007
11:44 AM

Post #3375502

haven't heard any ohhhs and ahhhhs lately. LOL
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2007
4:45 PM

Post #3376541

Hi All,
I just got home from work and guess what is at my door... IT LANDED... I have the box... and what a box... Ok I have never done this before so please bear with me... What ever I take out I put back the same amount correct? Is my first robbin... Also if there is a little item in there I want I can take so long as I put back????
Wow you all dont understand this is a BOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX... Ok I am off to look...
bye...
why is the typing so tiny now... I cant hardly read it...
Sue

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2007
8:15 PM

Post #3384509

Susan, are you waiting for an answer to your questions? This is my first robin too, but I would say that yes, you have to replace the same amount you take and if there is something other than seeds you want, take it and put something else that someone would enjoy.
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2007
8:30 PM

Post #3384558

Hiya,
I was not really waiting to mail because of that, but is nice to have an answer...LOL I am going to look at it one more time tonight and then the Robin is flying tomorrow... This box is so big... I could not believe it... This is my very first robin... can you not tell...
Sorry this is short but I have worked this week for the first time in 2 months so I am beat... I am going to read for a few more mins then I am off with the box...LOL
Susan
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 12, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #3385154

Sorry about not answering, every time that I try to open this thread, my computer shuts down. very weird.

Glad you got an answer and that it will be flying ...

A.
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2007
12:04 AM

Post #3385282

I always find this site slow to load.. and I am on cable modem so it should not be this slow.. but it is...
I am going to put the seeds in to a little bit bigger of a box.. It needs it trust me...LOL
This has been allot of fun for me for I never did one before and from what I hear this one is loaded...LOL Hope to do again and thanks for letting me join and have a ball...
Sue

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2007
12:29 AM

Post #3385336

Sue, if you use a bigger box you are going to have to pay a LOT more than the flat rate box. Then the next person won't have the flat rate box to use and I don't know if they want to pay more for the shipping.

Susan
=^..^=
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2007
11:58 AM

Post #3386535

Susan,
I cant get all the seeds back into this box... It was broke when it arrived here... I will try and mend and see if I can but I dont think so...LOL
Susan
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 13, 2007
12:05 PM

Post #3386560

Susan, the flat rate boxes are free at the PO, don't know if you have one close to you. Maybe the next person in line can have a Flat Rate box ready for when you get it. Thats an idea too.

To fix that one, use clear tape to reinforce all the edges and all the crevices, maybe that will help and then double tape it again all around. The extra weight of the tape should not cost anymore as it is going Flat Rate, so, just tape the heck out of the box.

A.

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2007
1:58 PM

Post #3386974

Be sure if taping the heck out of the box, LOL, that you don't cover up the Flat Rate markings. The silly p.o. will not honor it if they are covered up. Trust me.

Maybe you can just take more seeds. ROFLOL

Susan(kitty)
=^..^=
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2007
7:30 PM

Post #3388025

Antionette,

Please remove my mom, DJM906 from the robin, or have someone pull her address label out. Things are not going well. When you started this she was so excited at the idea of being in a robin. At this point she is in intensive care, and unresponsive, she had a series of siezures yesterday, and we're just taking it a day at a time.

Deb
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2007
8:09 PM

Post #3388138

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry to hear - maybe you should keep the robin coming to her just in case...it's several weeks out to her place yet.

Your family will be in my thoughts...

((hugs))

~Sunny

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2007
8:13 PM

Post #3388150

Oh Deb, that breaks my heart. I have been following her prayer thread and was so hoping she was going to get better.

((((hugs and comforts))))

Susan
=^..^=
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 13, 2007
9:35 PM

Post #3388447

Oh my lord, I did not know your mom was so ill.. please d-mail me regarding this.. I don't know what exactly I thought.

I also think we should keep her in the Robin and tell her that it's coming.. maybe it will make a difference somewhere.

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family momcat.

Antoinette
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2007
11:03 PM

Post #3388721

Antoinette,

I sent you a d-mail. If you want to leave her in, that's fine. If she's still with us when it arrives, I will pick out some seeds that I know she would loveand start them for her, if she's not still with us, I will still pick out some seeds from her favorite flowers and start them in her memory.

Deb
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

April 14, 2007
10:06 AM

Post #3389792

I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If there is anything you need please let us know.

Susan
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2007
3:23 PM

Post #3394593

I am so sorry to hear about your mother... I did not take her name out of the box... You and your mom are in our prayers..
Susan
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2007
3:26 PM

Post #3394601

Hi,
I am a little confused about how we are/where suppose to send this... I do want you to know it is in the mail... Now how are we suppose to send this by mail? I am very sorry but this is my very first RR and if I screwed it up you all may make it my very last...LOL Ok it came to be by priority so that is how I sent it back out... I put it in the same size box just like it came in but this one was not beat up like the one I got... so the box is the same.. If I did something wrong could you just let me know so in case I can join others in the future I know what I did wrong...
Thanks,
Susan

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2007
5:38 PM

Post #3395040

You use a flat rate box, as you have done. The cost is $8.25 per box and you can either print out a shipping label (or, use the address labels that Antoinette put in the box) and go to the Post Office to pay for the shipping or, open a click-n-ship account online at http://www.usps.gov and pay for the postage using a credit card and print the postage paid label at home on your printer.

Then, you can submit a carrier pickup request online for free and the mailperson will stop at your house and pick up the box from you. You can also drop it right in a mailbox because you will have printed out the postage and attached it.
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

April 15, 2007
8:58 PM

Post #3395690

okay. got all that thank you.

Now, how long can we take to go thru the box? Like looking stuff up and I imagine at least a few hours for ohhh-ing and ahhh-ing..LOL One day, two, three...? Not that I plan on that long but what's reasonable? :-)
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2007
9:00 AM

Post #3396982

Thanks for the help... :-) The post man told me I had to send since it was in a priority mail box to send priority mail so I did.. I have the box it came in to start and that also is a prioity mail box and it cost 8.60 or something like that to send... I could find the receipt if I have to ...LOL...
So how you liking this weather in our neck of the woods dragon? Is the river up yet? Does the area you live in flood I sure hope not... Keep me posted...:-)
Susan

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2007
3:14 PM

Post #3398359

wineaux said:

I guess whatever length of time you feel is reasonable. It takes 2-3 weekdays for the shipment to move via mail and at this point, if everyone mails the box out the two days after they receive it, anyone near the end of the list is looking at mid June, early July to get the box...

oops, my quote for wineuxs didn't come through, sorry!

The response is mine, not wineux's

This message was edited Apr 16, 2007 3:18 PM

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2007

Post #3398363

deleted

This message was edited Apr 16, 2007 3:17 PM
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

April 16, 2007
3:23 PM

Post #3398393

okay. I will get it right out after I receive it...a glass of wine, some good tunes and an all nighter then back in the mail the next day...sounds fun. Let's try to cut back that time of mid june to july.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2007
3:30 PM

Post #3398405

Susan,

Did you get a confirmation number for your box?
Also, sent you a dmail...
Terri
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2007
7:52 PM

Post #3399216

Yes I did Terri and leave it to you to make me go looking for it...LOLOLOL No really I have it ... 03063030000325913798 went out Sat. It is a VERY BIG HEAVY BOX...LOL
Susan
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2007
10:37 PM

Post #3399895

Box received 4-16-07 Monday. It was here when I got home from work, after dinner I did a first run through, picking out the seeds I might be interested in, want to do some quick checking on the internet for seeds I'm not that familiar with. I have a long day at work Tuesday. Will do my best to get out ASAP. The hardest part will be restuffing the box. LOL
Chris
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 18, 2007
2:19 PM

Post #3405264

Well, that was Fun!
Box heading to Beth in Oregon,
confirmation # 0306 2400 0002 3194 3573

Beth if you want to get a new free box ahead of time from the post office it's size is 11x8.5x5.5 I think you can even order it on line and it will be delivered to your home. I was going to do that but didn't have the time and I did not want to hold on to the box for too long.

Anyways some of the packets had more then enough seeds for me so I took some out of the packets and put the remainder back. The box is filled to the brim, I was surprised that there was only one package of tomato seeds, not a verity that I wanted to try, at least not this year, so it is still in the box. I picked out some seeds that I have never tried before so this will be an ongoing adventure.

Have fun, Beth.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 18, 2007
6:13 PM

Post #3405915

Hello there,
Glad to see all is going well and the birdie is flying ... sorry I haven't been on-line lately (5 days, but who's counting),, my modem had to be replaced ..

Starting another Robin in two weeks.. Weezingreens is sending more seeds for another Robin so I'll be posting that for signups later today...

A.
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2007
6:19 PM

Post #3405930

Ladygardener1,

Were there specific varieties of tomatoes that you're interested in? I have about 50, maybe 75 varieties, for which I have seed. I could send you some if you like. I only use 3-4 seeds out of a packet each year, because I like to grow many varieties (63 last year) and only have 1 or 2 plants of each.

Claire

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2007
6:47 PM

Post #3406037

I have some tomato seeds to offer too, let us know what ones you are looking for.
terri
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 18, 2007
7:15 PM

Post #3406137

Thank you both for the kind offer. I am the only one who eats fresh tomatoes at my house, my favorite is Early Girl, I only grow about 4 plants and they are in containers. If you have any Early Girl seeds I'd be really grateful.

My address is in the exchange. D-mail and I'll send a SASE.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2007
9:25 AM

Post #3407819

Sorry, I didn't get any Early Girls or Big Boys this year; I used to grow those every season but I got a Totally Tomatoes catalog this year and decided to try something different. I am growing Saucey, Biz Zac and Big Bite, along with San Marzanos and Romas.
kyleg05
Russellville, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2007
10:11 AM

Post #3407964

I'm Ready for this box i want some seads im sending dome flower and pepper seeds
dhemmer
Belleville, IL
(Zone 6a)

April 19, 2007
11:00 AM

Post #3408144

kyleg
what is dome flower? is there another name for it? i have tried looking it up and can't find it
diana
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 19, 2007
12:51 PM

Post #3408463

Please let everyone know that I am still having computer problems and will be back on middle of next week, if you don't hear from me. Will update the other Robin at that time..

check out : Weezingreen's Wings RR
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2007
12:56 PM

Post #3408476

Another Super Fun Sounding Robin.Thanks Gourd : )

Here is the link to Weezingreen's Wings RR for anyone who wants to sign up for more fun : )
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/713996/
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

April 19, 2007
9:21 PM

Post #3409891

So sorry - no Early Girl seeds here either. I grow mostly heirloom varieties and have never tried Early Girl. I have Stupice, which is a good early variety also. I still grow a few hybrids in case of disease pressure, but they're mostly a bit on the unusual side, although last year I did grow Brandy Boy. It didn't have much flavor compared to the heirlooms though.

Sorry - if I had 'em, I'd send 'em!!
Claire
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 24, 2007
12:35 PM

Post #3425504

WOW!! What a box!! Just got it yesterday and am sending it out today. Those of you that had to wait unitl later may be happy you did. In addition to all those seeds I packed the box with some gemstones. I used to cut and facet gems so I included some and a couple of 14k gold and gemstone rings. They are light and easy to mail...and it was the only small gift I could think of.
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 25, 2007
1:13 PM

Post #3429340

Nearly half-way...yay! I can't thank those of you enough who are at the beginning of the Robin, for being so quick to send it out so we "end" people actually get it within the year :D

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

April 25, 2007
3:36 PM

Post #3429747

Wow, that's a great turnaround.. I wish I was after Beth..

Kyle, enjoy.. A.
kyleg05
Russellville, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2007
12:07 PM

Post #3436920

I will enjoy them
kyleg05
Russellville, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2007
5:12 PM

Post #3437783

The Robin is great with so many seeds to look over i t took me 3 hours i took what i want some hollyhock and some more i put in some dianthus and others 1000 seeds per pack about 9 packs of 1000 seeds and i include some bracelets too...thanks beth for the ring its nice present for my girlfriend send ing it out on the 04-28-2007 tomorrow thanks everyone before me ,
Kyleg05

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2007
11:37 AM

Post #3447176

Kyle,

Do you have a confirmation number for the box?
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 1, 2007
8:41 PM

Post #3452740

No box yet... I'm hovering around the mailbox like one of my hummingbirds!
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 1, 2007
11:02 PM

Post #3453421

LOL Crimson...I know what you mean!
kyleg05
Russellville, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2007
8:11 AM

Post #3454147

sorry it was shipped back to me i want be able to send it until may 5 sorry i had a trip planned live on may 2
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 2, 2007
2:30 PM

Post #3455485

* HUGE SIGH*
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

May 2, 2007
4:38 PM

Post #3455907

The box was so overstuffed when I sent it off that I was worried the PO would return it to me! Folks, you've got to take more seeds!
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 2, 2007
5:11 PM

Post #3456059

Sniffle, thanks for the update. I'm glad it's not lost!

The post office has told me to completely wrap some of my packages in clear packing tape when they've been over stuffed... as long as you put the postage on first, otherwise it can come off in shipping. If you want to do that I can get another flat rate box here to repack it.

This message was edited May 3, 2007 5:19 PM
kyleg05
Russellville, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2007
7:10 PM

Post #3460096

my flight was cancelled i want be home until the 10th of may i'm currently in a city in italy sorry
guys but i will pack it with some italian stuff sorry

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2007
9:30 AM

Post #3461804

Man, that really messes up the robin. I think the folks on the end are now looking at Mid July, early August, assuming Kyle's flight doesn't get cancelled again...

Well, when (and if) it shows up, it will REALLY be a surprise. I wonder will the heat kill the seeds? I know it gets hot enough in the mail trucks to melt glue.

This message was edited May 4, 2007 9:32 AM
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

May 4, 2007
12:52 PM

Post #3462406

I knew I should've split it into 2 packages...I did try!

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2007
1:35 PM

Post #3462530

Cmoxon, you must be psychic!
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

May 4, 2007
6:32 PM

Post #3463354

What city in Italy?
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 4, 2007
9:50 PM

Post #3463958

sorry

This message was edited May 4, 2007 11:04 PM

This message was edited May 4, 2007 11:12 PM

This message was edited May 6, 2007 12:03 AM
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 6, 2007
4:18 PM

Post #3469156

Is anyone else more than just a little irritated by this? Well, I am!!! Yes I know this is supposed to be fun but...AND he has only been a member2 months! The other Robin has come and gone and he can't get around to mailing the box until the 10th? He's in "some town in Italy" "sorry guys" PAHLEEEEZ! It's rude.

Love y'all,

Susan
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 6, 2007
4:21 PM

Post #3469164

..."i will pack it with some italian stuff"...insulting!

love y'all

Susan
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

May 6, 2007
5:51 PM

Post #3469422

This message was edited May 8, 2007 1:54 PM
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 6, 2007
10:34 PM

Post #3470401

Could everyone listed here please e-mail me at this addy:

summerthrufall@yahoo.com

11. Crimson
12. wineaux
13. cedarnest
14. babsadventure
15. creativedecor
16. Cheermom
17. dragonfly53
18. Chicory31
19. Buttoneer
20. Hineni
and Momcat also

TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2007
7:32 AM

Post #3475018

Gourd,
Not me :-(
Susan
kyleg05
Russellville, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2007
4:33 PM

Post #3476535

mailing in out on the 9th today is the 8th i'm really sorry but i have been busy sorry wineaux you feel that way but it will be there soon goodbye
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 8, 2007
6:13 PM

Post #3476828

Hi Kyle,
Please mail the box as soon as possible, and Please send it Priority with a confirmation number that you need to post here. I understand, but we really need to get the box going.

Thank you.. Hope all is well with you.

Antoinette
dave

May 9, 2007
4:53 PM

Post #3480272

The trouble is, when Kyle said he was in Italy, he was actually posting from his location in Alabama.

I telephone Kyle's house and talked to his father. He confirmed that he wasn't in Italy at all, and he promised the box would be sent last Friday.

Dave
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

May 9, 2007

Post #3480278

Oh no! I shouldn't have put all those gemstones in there!

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

May 9, 2007

Post #3480279

Whoa...what's the deal with that????

Thanks Dave for following up on this.

Susan
=^..^=

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 10, 2007
8:39 AM

Post #3482329

Maybe someone should go to Kyles house with the police...
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2007
5:23 PM

Post #3483869

On what charges? I mean he hasn't done anything illegal, items sent to you through the mail are considered gifts unless you have signed a agreement/contract with a company to pay upon recept... we are just a group of friends, gifting each other with seeds from our gardens.

This message was edited May 10, 2007 11:20 PM
babsadventure
west allis, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 11, 2007
12:03 AM

Post #3485259

Lets not jump to conclusions or make judgements...lets hope the robin gets back in flight and all is well.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2007
7:45 AM

Post #3485644

Crimson,

It was bad attempt at a joke. I know you can't get someone arrested for being a jerk.

I googled him and he has a very odd posting, so I will be very surprised if the robin gets back into flight.
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2007
2:27 PM

Post #3489689

Crimson, did the box arrive?
I hope that everyone makes a note to stay away from RR or Trading with this person. Life has enough disappointments as it is without another person adding to it.

Even a box of seeds arriving can be a joy and brighten up someones day.

Hope this ends well.
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2007
8:31 PM

Post #3490590

The box showed up yesterday, with gems. I'm sorry I did not post yesterday, I had a stressful day and to avoid upseting someone I will not openly post why my day was stressful (if you want the details you can ask Gourd, or d-mail me... I don't mind). I will have it in the mail, hopefully Monday morning. I will post the confirmation number after I mail it. It will have to be repacked in a new flat rate box, but I'm sure it will fit fine once repacked.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 13, 2007
2:34 AM

Post #3491607

Well it's good to know that it showed up, sorry for the stress put on you. I will send you the address for the next person. After that, I am hoping each person can send their address to the next invididual and that way the list does not get lost.

Please let me know if that is alright with you all.

A.

Kyle, Thank you for mailing the box out.
A.
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2007
4:53 AM

Post #3492055

Yes, that sounds like a great way, if I ever participate in another RR I will encourage the person starting the RR to do it this way.
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 15, 2007
1:24 AM

Post #3497983

It's on it's way as of this morning. I was sending 10 boxes this morning and the wrong box got the delivery confirmation.. I didn't realize it until I got home. I'm very sorry, I hope it gets there without trouble.

wineaux: Let me know if it hasn't arrived by Thurs., it should be there by then.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 16, 2007
7:47 PM

Post #3504337

Crimson, thanks for everything.

Please, everyone send your addy to the person before you on the list to ensure you receive this robin, the addy list is not enclosed.

A.
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2007
11:05 PM

Post #3504992

Oh pleeese show up! I hate that I didn't get a confirmation number! I'll be holding my breath until wineaux gets it!
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 17, 2007
7:06 PM

Post #3507973

Crimson, it arrived so now you can breath easy. *sobbing* no "Italian stuff"
I was expecting the box to be over flowing...maybe the rest will be with the "Italian stuff".
Lots of cool seeds...will be looking up some of these seeds cuz I don't know what they are. Well, off to see what I can see.

Susan
Crimson
Clarksville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2007
4:29 AM

Post #3509872

:) No, nothing Italian... the box wasn't overstuffed but has a pretty good selection. Enjoy!
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

May 18, 2007
4:41 PM

Post #3511210

It was definitely overstuffed and overflowing when it left Oregon!
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2007
1:26 AM

Post #3512609

Just curious... I added a pair of pierced ear rings, Pink rose with a purl drop. Did anyone choose them or are they still in the box.

Chris
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 19, 2007
2:42 PM

Post #3513879

Hi everyone...confirmation #420 68031 9101 0385 5574 9067 9043 93

Chris ...the ear rings are there as well as the ring.

I added a bunch of items to "stuff" it up a bit. Even gave it some "Italian stuff." LOL
Have fun everyone.

Love and blessings to all,

Susan
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2007
7:48 PM

Post #3514449

Thanks Susan! Just wondering.

Happy Gardening everyone!
cedarnest
Northeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2007
4:07 PM

Post #3527345

The Robin has landed! LOL I loved the Italian Flair you added Susan.I think I will make it for supper : )) I will go through the box after lunch,add my items and have it on its way to Barb yet today.I already have the label printed.
The DC number will be 9150805213907580526985

Thanks for the fun RR Gourd and everyone : )
Nancy
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 24, 2007
11:08 PM

Post #3532351

Hi there,
just checking in.. glad you are all enjoying it and thank you cedarnest.. and everyone participating..

A.

babsadventure
west allis, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 25, 2007
6:35 PM

Post #3535029

Yipee!! I'm watching for it,,,b
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2007
1:30 AM

Post #3536459

Yahoo, getting closer and closer!!!
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2007
2:45 AM

Post #3536827

Do I still get to select the person who gets to keep the box after it finishes the course?
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 26, 2007
3:09 AM

Post #3536923

hi Windy,
yes... you started this a long time ago and you should get to finish..

A.
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

May 26, 2007
5:05 AM

Post #3537296

OMGosh! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get this out.
babsadventure
west allis, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 27, 2007
2:37 PM

Post #3541124

The robin was in my mailbox when I got home last nite. YIPEE
Will go thru it and send it off on Tuesday when the post office opens
creativedecor
Dothan, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2007
2:46 AM

Post #3547248

Wow, its been a long robin...Can't wait to see what seeds I can plant this fall...might be to hot here for some seeds now...Thanks everyone for keeping it going...I promise to be quick with it myself...
Thanks everyone.
Gail
Babs you have my address still?
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 29, 2007
2:51 AM

Post #3547265

Sorry for repeating myself, but, PLEASE send your addy to the person before you on the list.. if you haven't already..

Almost there guys..
A.
babsadventure
west allis, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 29, 2007
2:03 PM

Post #3548423

The robin is in flight...confrimation number...
mailed it priority this morning as soon as the post office opened.
Its was great with lotsa seeds and stuff. Thanks for doing this robin and starting it...b
creativedecor
Dothan, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2007
1:32 AM

Post #3550693

Thanks B. I will post when it gets here...
Thanks for being so quick...

Happy Gardening
Gail

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

May 30, 2007
9:44 PM

Post #3554200

And I'll be next after Creativedecor. You did get my address, correct?
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

May 31, 2007
12:23 PM

Post #3556543

How has the postal increase affected the flat rate boxes?
I sure hope the postal service doesn't stop the fun we have doing these robins.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

May 31, 2007
4:30 PM

Post #3557601

I can't believe they raised the postage again.

If anyone is having trouble downloading this thread because it is long, please let me know and I'll start a new continuation thread.

HAVE fun..
A.
creativedecor
Dothan, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 1, 2007
10:58 PM

Post #3563261

Hi Everyone,
The Robin Landed at my home today...lots of neat things besides flower seeds...Will go thru it and send out right away...My post offices are not open on Saturdays...but will get out first thing monday morning...
Cheermom, I did not get your address but will look on the address site for DG. If I can't find it I will let you know...

Happy Gardening Everyone
Gail
creativedecor
Dothan, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 1, 2007
11:03 PM

Post #3563281

Cheermom,
Could not find your address or id on address site, please send it to me...

Thanks
Gail

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 4, 2007
9:40 PM

Post #3574960

I sent my address, hope you got it. I also received Dragonfly53's info so good to go!
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 4, 2007
9:54 PM

Post #3575019

I'll bet this is the longest lasting RR in the history of DG.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 4, 2007
10:12 PM

Post #3575091

wineaux,

Lol.. you may be right..lol
A.
creativedecor
Dothan, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 6, 2007
2:45 AM

Post #3580749

The Robin is flying again today...I sent it out in the same box it came in, but the lady at the post office said it would have been cheaper to use the flat rate box.
Anyway it on to you Cheermom.
Enjoy
Gail

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 6, 2007
3:59 PM

Post #3582481

Thanks I'll be watching for it. Do you have the DC#?
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 6, 2007
9:50 PM

Post #3583894

I thought everyone was using flat rate...
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2007
12:26 PM

Post #3585974

I can't just a couple more people ...
I have a question... Can I trade a Logee's Gift certificate if I don't have enough seeds to trade? I always forget to use it.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2007

Post #3586541

What's a Logees?
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

June 7, 2007
3:42 PM

Post #3586630

http://www.logees.com/
a nursery on-line

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 7, 2007
6:06 PM

Post #3587206

I've got a flat rate box I can use when it gets here if it needs one.

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2007
1:40 PM

Post #3594434

I've received the robin! I'll be adding to it and I'll send it back out to the next person on the list today - thanks again for hosting.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2007
1:16 PM

Post #3609738

Hi! I received the Robin yesterday and it is flying again today. Confirmation number 0103 8555 7490 4540 7496. Thanks for letting me play!

terri
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2007
12:18 AM

Post #3612121

Chicory, I don't think anyone answered your gift cert question. As a downhill recipient from you, it's fine with me.

Wheee, we're almost there...just a few more peeps!

Thanks to everyone for making it go so quickly, even with sidetrips to Italy and such...LOL!

Has Windy drawn from the hat to determine who I am to send it to at the end?

~Sunny
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2007
3:54 AM

Post #3612986

I'm sending Gourd a d-mail to see if all the names are included in the list.
Then I will send her the name I picked and she can get the address to you.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 14, 2007
6:21 PM

Post #3614743

Yup,, time for the drawing..
A.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 14, 2007
6:36 PM

Post #3614798

Alright everyone, the winner will be announced on the day the RR is mailed to Heineni... and I'll send her the address at that time. Hope everyone is having a great time and got a little something they could use.

A.

babsadventure
west allis, WI
(Zone 4b)

June 14, 2007
8:22 PM

Post #3615166

This was a great Robin and lotsa fun. Thanks for organizing it. And thank you to everyone for the great selection of seeds and stuff. People from Daves garden are just the greatest!!! No matter what I consider you all friends and a strange family. Thanks again...b
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2007
10:42 PM

Post #3615700

Enjoyed this very much, still planting seeds from this RR and will save some for next year.

I want to be in next springs RR if you all want to do it again!
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2007
11:17 PM

Post #3615805

Who you calling 'strange' babs? LOL!

I hope I won the drawing :D I'll get it to me in a very timely manner...heehee.

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2007
1:23 AM

Post #3616309

ROFLOL, Hineni, you saw that too huh??????

Susan
=^..^=
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2007
6:24 PM

Post #3618774

YAHOO I got the box ... It's my birthday, go Kerrie...LOL

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2007
11:57 PM

Post #3619763

I took a tiny glassine envelope of seeds with the label (looks like) "Ansaema Flavem". I didn't mean to but it was so small I forgot to put it back when I took it out to look it up. Now that I have it, I'd like to try growing them but can anybody tell me what it is? The rest of the label says 7"w to 75cm and 413. The seeds are tiny, round and pale tan colored, except for one or two black ones. Anybody remember putting them in?
terri

I should add that I tried to look them up online, in DG and in a large Botanica book I have and could not find anything by that name...

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 6:59 PM
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2007
12:18 AM

Post #3619819

dargonfly, I did not put the seed in the RR, but being the "I want to know too" type came up with Arisaema Flavum, looks like a yellow Jack-in-the-pulpit, type flower.

Could that be it?

Chris
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 16, 2007
12:54 AM

Post #3619939

It sounds like one of Weezingreen's packs.. maybe she knows.. she contributed almost 100 packs to this robin.. I'm willing to bet it was from her.
A.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2007
1:19 AM

Post #3620040

Chris! yes, that is probably it, the "r" and 'i' on the packet are close together. Boy, I never thought it was anything but 'aNi"! Thanks! Now I have to go see how to grow them!
terri
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2007
1:25 AM

Post #3620059

Should be an interesting journey growing them. Keep us posted on what you find and if you have success. It's fun trying new seeds.

C

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 19, 2007
1:30 PM

Post #3632891

Chicory,

Has the Robin flown yet? Just curious because we haven't heard anything yet about it being received aftr you.
Terri

wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 19, 2007
10:09 PM

Post #3634723

Thanks everyone for an interesting and fun RR. I can't wait to see who wins the box. I hope it's me!!!!

Love to you all,
whine-O
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2007
12:30 AM

Post #3635188

I am sending it tomorrow I had an accident at work on Monday and spent a couple hours in the ER, so I am trying to get around to getting it out. Sorry pain meds make me spacey, my foot slipped off the step of a pay loader (about 4 feet) landed on my elbow, I can barely move my arm but nothing broke, I guess I am lucky that way but now I have to scramble to get my gardening clients taken care of.
It will be out tomorrow.
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2007
1:22 AM

Post #3635364

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope you heal well and fast.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2007
10:52 AM

Post #3636354

No problem. Mail the package when you are feeling better. I'm very patient. thanks.

dragonfly53

dragonfly53
(Terri )South Boston, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2007
3:01 PM

Post #3637069

Chicory,

Sorry about your accident an I'm glad there were no serious injuries! I hope you feel better soon...
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2007
4:42 PM

Post #3637361

Oh no Chicory! I'm sorry to hear about your mishap - make sure you take care of yourself before the RR. We've waited all this time, a few more days isn't going to matter I don't think :)

~Sunny
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2007
2:51 PM

Post #3640973

I mailed it yesterday, So Buttoneer should get it soon. I have the DC I will post it
I slipped and fell off the step of a pay loader and nearly broke my left arm actually my elbow, I just have to keep ice and awrap onit for a few days but I went back to work after the ER trip, not many restrictions but have to go back for another Xray next week, to make sure it is not broke. I can't believe this happened this time of yr...
Kerrie
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 22, 2007
2:07 AM

Post #3643610

Buttoneer
When you get the box, please send it off to Hineni..

If there is not enough in there, please send it to me so I can update the box and I'll send it to Hineni.

thank you.
Antoinette

Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 22, 2007
2:11 AM

Post #3643626

I got an email from (I think it was Momcat). It was somebody's daughter & she told me her Mom had passed away & I was to send the box to her. Is that Hineni>?
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 22, 2007
2:20 AM

Post #3643654

Well, Momcat has already been thru the box and I really want to end this robin, so please send it off to Hineni. I will send you her address. Again, if there is not enough in there, please send it to me and I will load it up again for the winner of the drawing.

I don't think Momcat will mind after all everyone has already been thru, and her included.

THANK you.

Antoinette
TurtleChi
Danville, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2007
2:38 AM

Post #3643711

Did anyone take the humming bird that sits on the the side of a planted pot??? If so I hope you liked it... These were a first for us this year... I have some of diffrent types and was thrilled to find them at Lowes...
Susan
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 22, 2007
10:14 AM

Post #3644431

Gourd, I referred her to you. Thanks. Just hope there isn't any smelly things in there as I have severe asthma & allergies.
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 22, 2007
12:49 PM

Post #3644848

I can't wait for the next RR...I sure hope I'm a win the drawing!!!!
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 22, 2007
1:23 PM

Post #3644949

You can send all the smelly things to me, no allergies or asthma here :) Susan, that hummer thing sounds adorable!

I'm getting verrry excited now. My youngest daughter will be here next week too, so I'm hoping it arrives while she is visiting, it will be fun to have her help me go through it and show her all the neat stuff gardening pals do for each other.

Buttoneer, I think Gourd sent you my address already, but please D-mail me if you don't have it.

TGIF!

~Sunny
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 22, 2007
1:27 PM

Post #3644970

Hi Hineni,
Yes, I sent your address to Buttoneer. Also, please D-mail me when you receive the box and I'll send the name that was pulled by Windy about a week ago for the drawing...!!!!

THANK you all.

A.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 23, 2007
1:24 AM

Post #3647308

I just received the box today (Friday) when I got home from work. I will be away all day tomorrow doing a craft show & will not be able to mail the box out until next week. I am holding a cement leaf workshop at my house Sunday afternoon, so I need to go through it Sunday evening & package it up for mailing on Monday.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 23, 2007
1:31 AM

Post #3647331

Newbie here...um... what's a round robin???
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 23, 2007
1:43 AM

Post #3647371

Gourd? Could you please explain the term round robin for Kywoods? I've got to go to bed, getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning. Thanks.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 23, 2007
2:16 AM

Post #3647540

Welcome to Daves Garden KyWoods.

Here is a link that explains most of it. IF you have any questions please feel free to D-mail me. I don't have to go to work tomorrow.
Antoinette

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/699254/

Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 23, 2007
3:19 AM

Post #3647750

No rush Buttoneer, you should at least get a full day to peruse the contents :)
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 23, 2007
3:31 PM

Post #3648808

Hey Gourd...I'll host the next next RR ...if you will give me some hints on how to ?
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 25, 2007
2:43 AM

Post #3654745

Ok, package is going out priority mail tomorrow. Delivery confirmation is: 0305 2710 0001 3768 2229. Enjoy.
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 25, 2007
3:29 AM

Post #3654962

I
am
SO
excited...

LOL!

My daughter won't arrive until Wednesday night, so I hope the timing works - looks like it should be just about perfect!
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 26, 2007
4:50 AM

Post #3659346

Hineni,
Guess it's time for you all to know who was selected for the drawing..

Drawing made by Windy and the winner is::

wineaux

no it was not rigged..lol

but, She must have ESP though.

I'll send you her address Hineni..

Congrats.. wineaux..

A.
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2007
12:53 PM

Post #3659868

Congratulation wineaux ! Have fun! Now you really have to host the next RR, no getting out of that one. LOL

Chris
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 26, 2007
1:31 PM

Post #3659987

OHHHHHHHHH I am sooooooo excited!!! I never win anything. Thank you thank you thank you all for a very exciting, interesting and fun RR. Yes, I will do a RR...we certainly have a good start. Thanks again. Are you going to "load it up" before it gets sent off to me Gourd?

Love to you all,
Susan

ummmmm...maybe we should just send it on to Italy?

This message was edited Jun 26, 2007 6:37 AM

This message was edited Jun 26, 2007 6:57 AM
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 26, 2007
2:32 PM

Post #3660211

you are too farney wineau...lol. It should have enough stuff in there for ya.. the one I'm having to load is the other RR.

Anyway, when you do start one, let me know so that I can sign up also.. I haven't been in one in a couple of years I think.
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 26, 2007
4:11 PM

Post #3660603

I am really excited about winning the drawing. What do you think my chances are of winning the other one too? LOL just kiddin'. I'll put you at the top of the list to let you know when that RR starts. Thanks soo much for all you did with this RR. Above and beyond the call of duty! I'll bet you are more than a little exhausted after these last 2.
You are so great and the patience (sp?) of a saint.

SAINT GOURD: the patron saint of RR

Have a great day everyone...108 here today.

Love y'all,
S
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 26, 2007
4:15 PM

Post #3660617

lol... ig=====...''

104 here today..
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

June 26, 2007
8:20 PM

Post #3661644

Are you guys serious about the temps?
What part of the states are you in Wineaux?
It actually got cool enough to mow the lawn late yesterday. Had to wait until the sun nearly went down. I need headlights on the riding mower.
The one good thing about lack of rain is that I don't have to spend every other day mowing some part of the yard.
I had a bunch of suckers from my sumac trees and I wanted to get to them with the mower before they got too tall. I don't know where the first ones came from. maybe they were here when they built the house and popped up out of an old stump. I leave a few so the dogs can get some shade from what little time they spend outdoors nowadays.
I guess the neighbors think I am nuts calling the dogs in because it is too hot. LOL
Congrats, for winning wineaux!
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 28, 2007
3:11 AM

Post #3668080

Windy,
my car thermometer was marking 108 today... it had to be close, it was so hot, my unopened canned drink in the car got so bloated it almost exploded. Right now the winds picked up and the rains may come, some lightening.

edited for spelling::::::

This message was edited Jun 27, 2007 9:12 PM
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

June 28, 2007
3:31 PM

Post #3669691

WOW! Hot stuff! I remember going to work for days and smelling something awful and not knowing what it was. I finally opened the trunk of the car and found a can of catfood that had exploded and rolled into a crevice in the trunk. Talk about stench. LOL
Lucky for you that can didn't explode. I could just imagine the sticky mess it would have made, yuk!
And to think, some people actually leave their kids or pets in cars with the windows cracked thinking that will be enough. Sigh.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

June 28, 2007
4:46 PM

Post #3669954

Oh god, talking about stench... in CA it got 117 for weeks, one day, our van stunk to high heaven.. it smelled like rotted flesh.. I told DH to check the engine, and sure enough, a rat squirril died right on under the hood. yuk..

Yes people do leave their kids and animals in there... two days ago a truck parked outside one of the stores had a German Shepard in it with the truck on and the airconditioner was on too.. at least this guy was thoughtful about the dog... we left the dog inside while we put gas in the truck on a long distance trip and he set off the alarm..lol

A.
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

June 28, 2007
6:40 PM

Post #3670396

Funny about your alarm! LOL
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 28, 2007
9:00 PM

Post #3670840

Hey ladies,

Got the Robin yesterday, as well as my daughter :) I'll drop you a line when it flies towards it's final home stretch!

Thanks,
~Sunny
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

June 28, 2007
11:31 PM

Post #3671404

ahhhhhhh...the final home stretch. Come to mama little robin.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

July 4, 2007
2:19 AM

Post #3692544

Any news on the box yet???
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

July 4, 2007
5:39 AM

Post #3693256

Nope :-(
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

July 4, 2007
5:43 AM

Post #3693265

Expecting 112 degrees on the 4th
Hineni
Paris, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 5, 2007
3:51 AM

Post #3697062

Enjoy Wineaux,

Your confirmation # is 420 85750 9101 0385 5574 9062 3983 95

It should leave DH's office tomorrow.

Thanks Gourd, for all of your organizational work!

~Sunny
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

July 7, 2007
9:08 PM

Post #3707997

The robin is home. Thanks everyone for an interesting Robin. I am going to be doing a RR the end of this month with a twisted twist. I haven't done one before so can anyone give me a few tips? I know the basics but how do I start...stuff like that.

Thank you St. Gourd for everything. Do you have any hair in your head left? LOL

Love to you all,

Susan
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

July 10, 2007
9:48 PM

Post #3720441

Thank you dear lord for letting these robins be over with... I promise to be a good girl from now on.

A.

P.S.
Dear Lord,
Please let wineaux have a successful RR.

Amen
wineaux
Tucson, AZ

July 11, 2007
2:41 AM

Post #3721559

AMEN
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

July 11, 2007
4:23 PM

Post #3723602

LOL! May the force be with you.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Round robin question glamourpuss 5 Apr 21, 2007 4:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America