Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here

Mesilla Park, NM

THIS ROBIN IS NOW CLOSED....

21 participants.. enjoy

Sign up here: THERES LOTS OF ROOM and lots of seeds for everyone about 200 packs and several baggies with bulk seed...

Robin closes on Saturday March 10, 2007 and will be mailed out on Monday, March 12, 2007 to momcat.

Same rules as before, must be a SUBSCRIBER of DG, remember these are not fresh seeds but from other robins and (some that I collected in late 2006) but most are a year or more old, some older most should still be good.

1. Subscribers only, US only
2. Take what you want and replace same number of packs
3. Mail out to next participant as soon as you can
4. someone come up with idea of what to do with the box at the end, please
5. have fun
6. If you sign up, please d-mail me your address
7. It will go in a flat rate box with confirmation label, but if you guys get it half empty and it is more cost effective to send via regular mail, that's alrlight too, just be sure to use the confirmation label and post your numbers here.

Since the last RR disappeared, these were the next people in line to get it, for now, they will remain on the list as the first to get this one, until I hear otherwise.. If someone doesn't want in on this list (the first 6), everyone else will go up one..

I anticipate this robin leaving in about two weeks, waiting for some seeds to arrive, but by that time I can have the labels ready and my seeds organized in baggies. I'll post a photo of the seed packs and box before it leaves..

1. momcat
2. bluespiral
3. dhemmer
4. CMoxon
5. 9Kittymom
6. lizren
7. Susan51
8. Ladygardener1
9. ByndeweedBeth
10. Kyleg05
11. Crimson
12. wineaux
13. cedarnest
14. babsadventure
15. creativedecor
16. Cheermom
17. dragonfly53
18. Chicory31
19. Buttoneer
20. DJM906
21. Hineni

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 3:43 PM

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I want to play! =^..^=
Susan
=^..^=

Coaling, AL(Zone 7b)

I would love to join in. This will be my first round robin. Elizabeth

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey I never did this and I am dead tired at the time to ask more questions but PLEASE I learn fast enough and I am not going to bed.
Please save me a spot.
More tomorrow,
Susan :-)

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

P.S I am going to bed :-( sorry for the mistake...
Susan

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I would like to join! D-mail on way!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Great news! Thanks for restarting it. I will look forward to it!
Claire

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I'd like to join!!
Beth (I'm in the address exchange)

Russellville, AL(Zone 7a)

I'll join too~~~ Kyle ~~~

(Zone 7a)

Nice to see this one going 'round again - thank you. Yup, I'd like to join. Glad you got my seeds already - Life detoured Momcat from her last two attempts to participate in a robin, so wanted to be sure she had fun with this one.

karen

Mesilla Park, NM

This is going to be a FULL box, so far there are 200 seed packs and several baggies with bulk seed in them.. I keep adding more of the seed I have and Bluespiral sent some seeds in too.

Remember that game show?? COME ON DOWN..lol and sign up ...

just added Crimson, she d-mailed..

Tucson, AZ

I've never done this before but sounds like fun. I'm in...Susan

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you Karen, for your kind words. I keep thinking I will try to start a robin, but my mom's not been doing great lately. Still hospitalized since last spring, they had to put in a trach tube today. I could use the fun of receiving a robin to distract me, if only for a few minutes!! From the size it sounds like this will be, maybe a lot longer distraction than a few minutes!!
Deb

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Gourd Sign me up please! I have been waiting for this : )

Deb,Praying for your mother.

Nancy

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

Sign me up too please!!! babs

Dothan, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Everyone,
I am now a subscriber and would like to be on the round robin also. Sign me up please.
Thanks
Gail

Mesilla Park, NM

Welcome Gail,
Just added your name.. please D-mail me your address. Also, there is an address exchange if you want to put your address in there. Just click on my info, then on the tab that says Extras, then on the DG Address Exchange..

You will love DG and never want to leave after you get to reading and participating in the forums..

Again, welcome and have fun.

Antoinette

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'd like to sign up please. I'm a subscribing member and I have a lot of seeds to share/contribute as well. And I'll send you my address. Thanks.

(Terri ) South Bosto, VA(Zone 7a)

dmailed address

This message was edited Mar 29, 2007 4:41 PM

This message was edited Mar 29, 2007 4:41 PM

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I would like to join in too. D mailing my address.

Thanks
Kerrie

Mesilla Park, NM

Okay everyone

,,,, I just received the seeds from Weezingreens in ALaska and there has to be more than 100 packs of seeds in there, I have not had a chance to count them, but will and will take photos of all the seeds tomorrow.. They are neatly packaged and it must have taken her alot of time to label and make those packets. These seeds will also be in this Round Robin.. which brings this robin to over 300 seed packets..

THANK you..Weezingreens.

Antoinette

Mesilla Park, NM

I should have added that maybe at the end of the Robin, it can be sent to a Newbie on the seedtrading forum to share with other newbies, they can start another robin to help them out..

Let me know what you all think about that.. it will be helping out non-subscribers.

Antoinette

Dothan, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Everyone,
Wow, thank you Weezingreens for that seed donation. You must have beautiful gardens to collect that much seed...I am so happy to have found DG. I have learned so much from reading the different garden talks. I even got brave and tried the coffee filter germination method for some old 2005 seeds I had and some 30 cent ones from Walmart...I am happy to say that the germination rate is great and fast....I don't think I will do it anyway else unless the seed dictates it.
I would volunteer to help with the seed to go to newbies...Many people are helping me now....If there is anything I might do just let me know..I work next door to a daily mail store. So it would be easy for me to mail things...Just let me know what everyone decides...I am a newbie but very willing to help.

Thanks for all the great info...Happy Plantings....Happy almost Spring!!!!

Gail

Mesilla Park, NM

these seeds are from Weezingreens in Alaska

THANK you Weezingreens

like I said almost 100 packs, neatly packaged and marked with growing instructions.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

seeds from Bluespiral,
THANK YOU ... Bluespiral.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

seeds again, I meant to post another photo

This message was edited Mar 8, 2007 2:52 PM

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

all seeds together..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Box is ready to go..almost, just need to place address labels in there on top.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Antoinette I Love your pictures! Thanks for all of your hard work in preparing the robin for flight. Such a wonderful packing job you have done : )That is a mighty chubby Robin : ) Thanks Antoinette, Weezingreens and Bluespiral for your amazing and extremely generous contributions.I am sooo excited and it hasn't even started flying yet. Looking forward to it : )
Nancy

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I cant wait for this is my first RR.... so excited.... LOL
Susan

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow!! This robin looks like it will be incredible.

I can hardly wait!!

Deb

Coaling, AL(Zone 7b)

This looks like it is going to be fabulous. Thanks to all those who have generously contributed seed! I've received seed from Weezingreens before, and her packaging is detailed and so helpful. There looks like a lot of fun stuff in the box, judging from the pictures. Can't wait to see it! Elizabeth

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Count me in! It's contagious. I am listed in the address exchange. Thanks so much.

Mesilla Park, NM

Okay guys, it's getting ready to fly....

yes, a big thank you to Weezingreens and Bluespiral it was hard NOT to stick my hot little hands on their seeds..lol.. but, I said only MGs and Veggies for me this year. ...

this was so much fun to pack and put together..

we still have to think of what to do with it at the end guys.. so give some ideas.. Will post the ideas that have come up on Monday..

Antoinette

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I love Weezingreens seeds. I got some last year and some of them (the perennials) are starting to come back up. They are nice seeds!!

Susan
=^..^=

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

That box looks adorably tempting! LOL
I just have so many seeds that I am probably going to have to rent a yard just to use one of each.
It is so good to see this box back in circulation again. Just a pity that someone chose to grab and keep the first attempt. Sometimes I think the person who keeps them just doesn't know the rules and thinks they are just a gift. At least I hope that is their reason.
It is always hard to decide what to do with the boxes once they have completed thier rounds.
You could raffle it off to anyone interested that is a member of the list of participants. It would give someone a chance to either start it over again or use the contents for future trades etc.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

This is very exciting! Can't wait to look through the seed packets. Thank you Gourd, Weezingreens and Bluespiral, for all your hard work and supplying those seeds.

Is there a scout troop, or senior living center that would take on a garden project that could use some of those seeds at the end of the flight.

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh Windy,
I really like that Idea, the perfect thing to do..

the box raffled off and the last person will mail it to the Winner..

Is everyone alright with that?

THIS ROBIN IS CLOSING TODAY...

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

That sounds great to me.I love the idea of the raffle : )

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I cant wait...LOL How do you do the order in which it is sent out? I have never done one of these before.... I am so excited..... Can anyone tell?????
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.