Beginner Gardening: What veg?

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening
Forum: Beginner GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 48
Add to Bookmarks
United Kingdom

March 1, 2007
3:29 PM

Post #3237362

There are so many different types of toms, pots, onions, i just wanna grow simple easy veg anyone suggest to me some good replyable seeds?
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2007
1:39 AM

Post #3239315

Howdy oldgloves...and WELCOME!

I mostly prefer the indeterminate types of tomatoes (that keep producing all summer long) and there are so many to single out. I'm also not aware of what your choices in London might be.

Potatoes I'm familar with that grow well and taste great are Red Pontiac and Kennebec. Again, not sure if you have those available there.

Onions, anything in the "granex" line will offer you some mild/sweet onions. Also, any type of "bunching onion" will do you justice as well (they never bulb up but stay in the 'table onion' or 'green onion' stage...great for eating fresh or for cooking with!)

Maybe you can tell us more about your garden area or allotment and how much room you have. That would help to give you a more definitive answer.

Again, Welcome to the Site!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America