-
AuthorContent
pyxi_lou
Newburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2007
9:03 PM

Post #3244983

Hi! I grew up with a 30' SAC vine that completely covered our board fence. I was lucky enough to snag a big ol' seedhead with about 80 seeds in it, from a friend of mine's yard. How do I propogate these seeds now? Do I soak them first? Wait to plant them until next fall, or get em' in the ground ASAP? (We're just starting to thaw here in PA, zone 6B). Any suggestions or help are appreciated!
LeBug
Greenville, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2007
4:54 PM

Post #3247300

Here you go

http://www.tsflowers.com/html/clematis_sweetautumn.html
pyxi_lou
Newburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2007
5:04 PM

Post #3247323

Thank you! I just went to the wintersowing hyperlink and decided that since I have so many seeds and we live on the edge of a forest, that I might just either wintersow them or scatter them throughout the edge of the wooded patch. I appreciate your help!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2007
2:07 AM

Post #3248867

Before you scatter seeds into the forest, you might want to check to see if this plant is considered an invasive species in your area... those little windblown seedheads could really scatter themselves far & wide.

I think Sweet Autumn clematis is probably a good candidate for wintersowing, too... there's a new DG forum about wintersowing, that might be worth checking out... it's easier than moving seeds in and out of the fridge, I think!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Seed Germination Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Why are some seedlings "leggy"? gardendragon 18 May 8, 2013 6:47 PM
Welcome to the Seed Germination Discussion Forum! dave 20 Dec 23, 2009 2:56 PM
Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds PeggieK 188 Mar 21, 2013 11:19 AM
Stratification kimmers 27 Mar 26, 2014 4:37 PM
Sowing in Spaghnum moss Laurie1 3 Mar 8, 2007 11:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America