Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Gardening Questions: Rooted Cuttings

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 3, Views: 77
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MicheleC53
Centerville, KS

March 4, 2007
2:12 PM

Post #3246827

Hello, I am trying to find information regarding selling rooted cuttings. Does anyone have any information as to what the market is for rooted cuttings and the demand. Appericate any help!
Thank-you
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2007
8:30 PM

Post #3247878

Depending on the type of cuttings you are doing the mkt is pretty much wide open.

Commercial operations will want to buy them by the hundreds, individuals will want them by the liner flats or bundles.

Care to elaborate more on what your plans are, how much you hope to root, and what specific plants? That would help (me) be more definitive in giving you an answer.

By the way, WELCOME to the site!

Shoe
MicheleC53
Centerville, KS

March 6, 2007
12:24 AM

Post #3251887

Thanks for the welcome Shoe! Glad I found the site, it is very impressive!
We have a small greenhouse and green thumbs! We have recently retired but not quite ready for the rocker. We have plenty of land and water so really not limited. We've had good luck with red-buds from seed and grapes, flowers ect...feel like we could supply whatever plant, shrub, or tree is in demand. Just trying to find a place to start.

Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2007
1:18 AM

Post #3252077

Great! Sounds to me like you have all things in your favor!

I hope you follow through starting your cuttings/rootings, and even seedlings. After all, the bigger they get the more money they bring in. What you don't sell one year can be held over, potted up, and demand a higher price the following year.

If growing for local sales I think I'd look around and see how much new housing is going on in your area (or distant area). Everyone wants to immediately landscape...and that includes all the landscaping companies that would love to buy some of your stuff for their business, not just the home-owners.

Shoe

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America