Beginner Gardening: Problems with my Mimosa

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening
Forum: Beginner GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
South Africa

March 11, 2007
3:58 PM

Post #3270594

I've recently planted (in a pot) a Mimosa, a plant with some very fond child hood memories. The plant is however under some stress and I'd like to know what can be done to solve the problem of yellowing leaves. Any ideas?

Thumbnail by Gatu
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2007
4:08 PM

Post #3270629

My first thought would be too little humidity or too much sun--can you give us a little more info on the conditions that the plant is experiencing (sun/shade, indoor/outdoor, how often you water, fertilize, etc)
Windsor, ON
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
12:22 AM

Post #3278470

It looks like it is burnt. Have you fertilized it recently? do you fert often? Does the pot have leach holes in it? is it sitting in a saucer when you water it?
I know these are many questions, but there really is a purpose. If you fert too often and dont ever leach the extra ferts out of the soil, they build up as salts and can cause burn to the leaves. Unfortunately, any burn won't come back, but ithe new growth will look better. set the pot into the sink (the next time it requires water) and water it fully until the water is leaching out the bottom holes. Leave it in the sink because you are going to water it 3 times like this to really leach the soil. You cannot overwater a plant that needs water and should always water until the water leaches out the holes. This is the only way to be sure the whole rootball is wet.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America