-
AuthorContent
Gatu
Johannesburg
South Africa

March 11, 2007
3:58 PM

Post #3270594

I've recently planted (in a pot) a Mimosa, a plant with some very fond child hood memories. The plant is however under some stress and I'd like to know what can be done to solve the problem of yellowing leaves. Any ideas?

Thumbnail by Gatu
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2007
4:08 PM

Post #3270629

My first thought would be too little humidity or too much sun--can you give us a little more info on the conditions that the plant is experiencing (sun/shade, indoor/outdoor, how often you water, fertilize, etc)
momo125
Windsor, ON
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2007
12:22 AM

Post #3278470

It looks like it is burnt. Have you fertilized it recently? do you fert often? Does the pot have leach holes in it? is it sitting in a saucer when you water it?
I know these are many questions, but there really is a purpose. If you fert too often and dont ever leach the extra ferts out of the soil, they build up as salts and can cause burn to the leaves. Unfortunately, any burn won't come back, but ithe new growth will look better. set the pot into the sink (the next time it requires water) and water it fully until the water is leaching out the bottom holes. Leave it in the sink because you are going to water it 3 times like this to really leach the soil. You cannot overwater a plant that needs water and should always water until the water leaches out the holes. This is the only way to be sure the whole rootball is wet.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America