Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Flowers: Richard Wallace Canna for Postage.

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 6, Views: 180
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
skaz421
Wesley Chapel, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2007
6:04 PM

Post #3270932

I have a lot of Richard Wallace Canna. I'll mail it to whoever wants it, and I would like you to pay the postage.

I'd rather send them in Priority Flat Rate boxes - they cost $8.10 to mail.

Please D-mail me if you're interested - first come, first serve.

Steve

Thumbnail by skaz421
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2007
12:45 AM

Post #3271878

I love Cannas and they grow great out here in the country...I will be happy to pay the postage, but please let me send you something, too. This is too good to be true!!!! I want to do both...that is not fair to you!!!
gail
skaz421
Wesley Chapel, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2007
6:34 PM

Post #3273830

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED!!!!

I've had several requests for the cannas.

I'll post more plants here, as time goes by.

Steve
laceysmom
Wray, GA

May 4, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #3464240

I have some red canna and some varrigated leaf canna . I am a newbie to all of this. BUT I am eager to learn EVERYTHING!!!
skaz421
Wesley Chapel, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2007
11:44 PM

Post #3464310

I've finished trading for the year.

You really should post your plants in the Plant Trading forum:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/planttrading/all/

tggfisk
Garner, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 6, 2007
11:16 AM

Post #3468289

lmom,
Cannas are pretty easy. They do like moisture and some cow manure (composted) is good...they are heavy feeders. Full sun, but tolerate a bit of shade here in the heat.
The only major problem they have here is leaf rollers. You can see this if you have rolled foliage that won't open. Look carefully, and there would be little threads holding it closed. There would be little caterpillars inside if you opened it.
If you get these nasty buggers :), cut off the infected foliage and burn or trash it. Leaf rollers can overwinter in infected foliage and won't be killed off in a compost pile.
Happy gardening!
Bev
skaz421
Wesley Chapel, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 6, 2007
12:03 PM

Post #3468439

Hello Canna Lovers,

I've found that an insecticide is very effective in controlling leaf rollers, in addition to cutting off infected leaves.

I use an Ortho product called Bug B Gone Max. I'm considering spraying my cannas regularly as a preventative measure - I'm almost guaranteed to get leaf rollers if I don't.

Another problem to watch out for is rust on cannas. For some reason, Richard Wallace seem to be particularly prone to it. Unfortunately, it can't be cured, but spraying cannas with a fungicide will prevent the spread of it. If caught at an early stage, it won't be noticeable; again, preventive spraying is recommended.

Steve

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America