Photo by Melody

Annuals: Datura Seeds Started Inside today......

Communities > Forums > Annuals
Forum: AnnualsReplies: 55, Views: 469
Add to Bookmarks
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2007
12:43 AM

Post #3282233

My house was absolutely too crowded to start seeds plus I hate for them to get leggy and attract insects. Therefore I waited until today to start the seeds, just as I begain to move the hardy house plants and brugs outside. Yes I'm pushing the season a tad. Some seeds are old, but I've heard they can be like 10 years old and still germinate.

I've planted what are suppose to be the below:

Double White
Double/Triple White
Large White (Inoxia)
Purple Speckled White Datura (Mutant)
Raspberry Swirl (Discolor)
Black Current Swirl
Double Purple
Double/Triple/Quad Purple
Double Yellow
Double/Triple Yellow

Some were seeds from Daturas I've grown and some are seeds from DGers. I planted inside because they have to have heat to germinate and it's still a tad cool outside.

Happy Datura Growing To Everyone!!! If they all germinate and grow well there will be seeds for everyone at season end.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2007 8:46 PM

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 55 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Annuals Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Top 10 favorites poppysue 56 Aug 11, 2009 7:33 PM
Needs Dark to Germinate??? BJT72 24 Apr 10, 2007 9:07 PM
Gourd planter (Part 2) Snake Gourd dave 23 Nov 24, 2009 7:32 PM
Mystery gourd Pala 24 Oct 11, 2008 11:52 PM
My Itsie-Bitsie Luffa Ball plant Morph 28 Mar 8, 2008 11:16 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America