poo-poo winter storm warning

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

a nice week for the seedlings getting some wind therapy in the weather, but alas, winter storm warning for the upcoming 48 hrs. 3-6" predicted here woooohooo [note the sarcasm :^p]

Thumbnail by prettyhortgirl
Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Here, too, but we're supposed to get a foot or more. :-( It's too bad, because I was able to see all my garden beds again.
My kids keep asking when it's supposed to start - timing is *everything* when it comes to school cancellations.

Thumbnail by ckk
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

They forecast 10-14" here tomorrow, CAN'T BE!
75 here yesterday and a foot or more tomorrow??? Who ticked off mother Nature?????

Tom

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Ckk - we're neighbors. I think I even recognize the neighborhood! Please don't say... a FOOT???!?!? I heard 6 inches. I hope it's not a foot. Hear me whine....waaaaa

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

6-12 inches predicted here! Schools were already off for a supervisors meeting or something. Can't believe it was 70 here yesterday. March is cruel.

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Songs , hey we are! You guys always seem to cancel school more often than our town. My kids always grumble about that - "but Merrimack canceled!" Frankly, I hope they do cancel school. I'll never forget the storm about 6 years ago when the snow came down so fast during the day that the buses couldn't get through. My neighbors and I snow blew (is that the right way to say that?) a path to the corner so that cars could get in. Some of the kids had to stay at school until late at night. No thanks!

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

They're saying 1-16 inches here. It must be nice to be a weather forcaster. The only job in the world where you can be wrong more often than you're right and still be considered at the top of your field.

1 - 16??! Never heard such a wide range given. Yankee, you're right. They do make lots and 99% of the time just repeat the NWS forecast anyway.

Northeast Harbor, ME

Your more northeasterly friend just shakes his head, never having seen bare ground or 70 degree weather. At least the snow'll cover up the bare dirt roads. That mud was getting slick........

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

Victorygardener--I was giving a range based on what the different channels were saying. I always end up going by the NWS bulletins since they aren't in it for the ratings which call for 4-6 inches by Saturday morning.

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

eeeeeeew [from weather.com just now]

Thumbnail by prettyhortgirl

I second that, phg! I'm in the 12" zone.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

AND I hear that weather forecasters get the BIG bucks.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Here too.....expecting 6-12" with gusty winds tonight into tomorrow morning. Tomorrow, sleet freezing rain turning to straight rain coming down heavy at times w/gusty winds. The cannoe and life jackets are ready should we need them.

Let's hope not, Pixie!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's a great day for the Irish - NOT!

For the Irish Eskimos.

On a NYC radio station they just said they're still expecting over two million people at the parade. Amazing!

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

They were WRONG!!!

They were saying 6-9 -- I got over 14"!!!!!

Not happy - even with the Subaru, we couldn't get out of the driveway. We had to dig out and were late for the appointment to get the taxes done.

We had a terrific rain storm around 9 PM, last night, and there's very little snow left.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I woke to snow showers again this morning!!! I'd take the rain just so I could see the ground.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

we haven't gotten much more snow (3-4"), but our little lake is frozen again and I'm SICK OF WINTER!!!

Today is my grandson's first birthday, so can spring be far away? No!

Thumbnail by pirl
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I hear ya Gram!! Me too...I have so many plants to put in the ground that I really should of started digging a few new beds weeks ago. But it will be at least a month before all this snow goes away, unless we get some heavy rains. I have gotten carried away w/plant orders this winter....have 32 daylilies coming not to mention rose's and other perennials. Oh, and lets not forget the seeds that are sprouting. What was I thinking???!!!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Pirl.......he's adorable!!! Happy 1st Birthday Charlie!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!

Thanks, all! His two favorite gifts? Sunglasses (3 pair) and the balloon I remembered to buy!

I'm in a hold pattern for panic right now. Way too many seeds, lots of dahlias, Floribundas (5) planted but then received the two rose trees yesterday (now soaking with moss and plastic bag on top, per directions), then went over my delphinium order (hard to admit to) and see 48 plants there - another "what was I thinking" episode. The caladiums and clematis arrive next month but "just to be sure" I bought more caladiums, acidanthera and freesia.

Thumbnail by pirl

I have those "What was I thinking?!" gardening episodes on a regular basis.

JasperDale (Long Beach, CA) and I were talking about starting such a thread. I must have two plants planned for every vacancy. Looks like more daylilies at the curb this year.

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

we had 6-8" left AFTER the 2" of rain. not to mention the 6" i already shoveled 1/2 way thru. good thing too.

By late tomorrow afternoon let's hope it's melted. Here I can spot only an occasional little bit of snow. MUD WE HAVE!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

pirl, love the pic with the balloon. too cute. kinda like walkin' into the sunset after the party ;0) hard to believe Charlie's a year old already. (btw, very pretty room...the floors are gorgeous!)

pixie, I know I'll be needing more daylilies by next year. probably should be dividing some of my clumps from my original landscaping, but you know I'm going to want new ones LOL got an Oakes catalog today and DH asked me a couple of times...'did you look at this one?'...I think he likes them.

Thanks, Gram!

Oakes is wonderful. They don't send skimy plants either! We all need a change of pace now and then so I know how you feel about wanting some new faces to appreciate.

Menasha, WI(Zone 5a)

Not daylilies Jan, I thought I was leading you down the path of serenity with dahlias, helenium and echinacea.

And what path do daylilies lead you down??

Menasha, WI(Zone 5a)

The road to destroy all you have but daylilies - can't just have a hundred.

Like potato chips??

Much worse! Speaking as the owner of almost 2,000.

2,000 daylilies??!! Wow, how big is your property, Pirl?

Almost an acre. Yes, they're squeezed in!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.