Propagation: germination

Communities > Forums > Propagation
Forum: PropagationReplies: 2, Views: 104
Add to Bookmarks

March 16, 2007
12:32 PM

Post #3287940

Is it too late to start with seeds ?
.last year I had a bunch of seedlings which I started in jiffy kits .had four kinds of morning glory ,herbs , flax .which I loved the whol;e season .
this year I feel I am late .help me friends ,...:)

Thumbnail by asifuzma
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Blyth, ON
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2007
2:18 PM

Post #3288269

I wouldn't worry too much asifuzma. I haven't started my herbs, flax, or morning glories yet either, and I won't be for two more weeks. Since I can't plan on transplanting outdoors much before the Victoria Day weekend there isn't much point in starting these very much earlier than that.
Circle Pines, MN
(Zone 4b)

March 17, 2007
6:52 PM

Post #3292518

I am a bit further south than you, and I JUST started mine last weekend. Depending on your last frost date (not sure of your zone), you could start the 8-10 week seeds this weekend. I usually do a two week staggered plant, so next weekend are my 6-8, then in two weeks my 4-6, and then my 2-4. You can usually read how early to start on the back of the package. I tried doing things earlier a couple years back, but didn't have room for all the bigger plants under the lights and I had to keep moving my little portable greenhouses indoors at night because it was still too cold. I try to time it so that everything goes out two weeks before I plant in the ground end of May.

So no, you aren't late!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Propagation Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Why are some seedlings "leggy"? gardendragon 18 May 8, 2013 6:47 PM
Beans Crossing ragamuffin 2 Dec 25, 2007 7:28 AM
rooting bamboo justmeLisa 14 Oct 19, 2010 10:25 AM
Propogating Aucuba dave 17 Apr 25, 2008 8:36 PM
crepe myrtle venessa 54 Jul 1, 2008 4:11 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America