AuthorContent
asifuzma
toronto
Canada

March 16, 2007
12:32 PM

Post #3287940

Is it too late to start with seeds ?
.last year I had a bunch of seedlings which I started in jiffy kits .had four kinds of morning glory ,herbs , flax .which I loved the whol;e season .
this year I feel I am late .help me friends ,...:)

Thumbnail by asifuzma
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ginnylynn
Blyth, ON
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2007
2:18 PM

Post #3288269

I wouldn't worry too much asifuzma. I haven't started my herbs, flax, or morning glories yet either, and I won't be for two more weeks. Since I can't plan on transplanting outdoors much before the Victoria Day weekend there isn't much point in starting these very much earlier than that.
Zarebeth
Circle Pines, MN
(Zone 4b)

March 17, 2007
6:52 PM

Post #3292518

I am a bit further south than you, and I JUST started mine last weekend. Depending on your last frost date (not sure of your zone), you could start the 8-10 week seeds this weekend. I usually do a two week staggered plant, so next weekend are my 6-8, then in two weeks my 4-6, and then my 2-4. You can usually read how early to start on the back of the package. I tried doing things earlier a couple years back, but didn't have room for all the bigger plants under the lights and I had to keep moving my little portable greenhouses indoors at night because it was still too cold. I try to time it so that everything goes out two weeks before I plant in the ground end of May.

So no, you aren't late!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Seed Germination Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Why are some seedlings "leggy"? gardendragon 18 May 8, 2013 6:47 PM
Welcome to the Seed Germination Discussion Forum! dave 20 Dec 23, 2009 2:56 PM
Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds PeggieK 188 Mar 21, 2013 11:19 AM
Stratification kimmers 27 Mar 26, 2014 4:37 PM
Sowing in Spaghnum moss Laurie1 3 Mar 8, 2007 11:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America