-
AuthorContent
farmerjohnaz
Gilbert, AZ
(Zone 10a)

March 18, 2007
2:52 PM

Post #3294857

I have 2 broken Kodiak pitchforks that say Lifetime Warranty on the handle. I have the receipts and took them back to HD. They would not exchange them because they now sell the Rigid brand and say the warranty is covered only direct with the manufacturer. Can't find any info on the net on the mfgr. Anyone had any luck returning Kodiak tools to HD? or know who Kodiak is?
Ticker
Lisbon, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2007
3:29 PM

Post #3294980

Looks like Kodiak might be manufactured by Ames Garden Tools. It also looks like ACE Hardware might carry the brand. However, I'd probably to chew on the manager of Home Depot for such lousy customer service. The very least they could have done was give you information on how to contact the manufacturer. If you don't get satisfaction with the manager of the HD store you bought it from, go to corporate and chew. Good luck.
claypa
West Pottsgrove, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2007
3:59 PM

Post #3295076

I think True-temper is Ames brand too, here's a page with warranty and contact info. It also says take it back to the store...

http://www.ames.com/faq.html
farmerjohnaz
Gilbert, AZ
(Zone 10a)

March 18, 2007
10:18 PM

Post #3296458

I printed out the warranty and a picture of the fork from their catalogue. Thanks for the help. Will let you know what HD does.
kmom246
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2007
6:31 PM

Post #3490292

Good luck with HD... just wondering, what are you doing with a pitch fork that you broke TWO handles?!
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 6, 2007
6:53 AM

Post #3581264

How did it work out on the "Lifetime Guarantee"? That would be the lifetime of the HD purchase order?

I went to HD today -- they had a couple novelty hand tools I wanted to get, but I didn't because I was thinking of this post...

Suzy

dragonfly53
(Terri ) South Bosto, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 14, 2007
12:54 AM

Post #3733470

We purchased a clamping tool from Irwin at Lowes last year. It also has a lifetime guarantee. When it broke recently we just wanted to exchange it but the girl had to refund our $18.00 for the tool and we had to buy a new one, for which the price was $21.00! So it cost us over $2.00 to replace the tool.
Moral of the story is, don't give them a receipt or let them refund your credit card. Get a new tool from the sales area and have them work out the refund using the current price, otherwise you could end up getting skunked! Sears has a great lifetime Craftman warranty which we have taken advantage of in the past. They don't make you jump through hoops, just give you the new tool for the old one!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 14, 2007
5:24 PM

Post #3735545

My friend swears by his Craftsman tools - from garden to regular hand tools. He's never had a hassle and he says it is so worth the extra few bucks. Speaking as one who has routinely bent the tines badly on cheap pitchforks, I wish I'd bought Craftsman!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America