Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Home Repairs and Maintenance: farmer table water damage

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 1, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mashermac
East Boothbay, ME

March 26, 2007
8:57 PM

Post #3323507

I have an antique chestnut 2-board table that unfortunately was located underneath a leaking pipe. This has caused the boards (each is 18" wide) to cup. How can I restore these boards to flat w/o causing them to crack or split.. It's a farmers table, so its supposed to be 'rustic' so I'm not especially worried about the finish ..-(there really isn't any) -- If I put the table upside down on a flat surface and weigh it down, will that possibly work?...any other ideas?
missy99912
Mission Viejo, CA
(Zone 10a)

April 16, 2007
4:54 PM

Post #3398630

You don't say how thick the wood is, but no, you can't make the wood go back to its original shape. If the wood is very thick you could sand it down (using a belt sander). The edges would be thinner than the center, but it would at least be level. Do you have a photo?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America