Just Pencils! Quite a feat!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Knowing that I love such things, my friend fwdd. an e-mail with the following pictures which I would like to share with you. I hope you too love to see as much as I did.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thumbnail by Dinu
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Those are really neat looking! Thanks for sharing

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

One can't truly appreciate these unique pieces of art
until you click on the image for a larger view.

WOW!

Thanks for sharing!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Yea, first we should enjoy as it looks, then enlarge it to appreciate the neat work!

Interlachen, FL(Zone 9a)

Those are so cool looking! Thanks for sharing these amazing works of art!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Without patience, these things cannot come into existence.... besides creativity.

(Zone 5a)

Hi Dinu,

I love the pictures! What a wonderful creative mind someone has!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

There were 2-3 more, but felt these were enough to showcase the art.

(Zone 5a)

They were amazing!

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I was just blown away by those pics...who even has the patience and/or time for something like that..surely not me....hahahha

char

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Absolutely. It is a stunning exhibition of patience and creativity.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Patience is a virtue-right...and I thought I had the patience of Jobe....beautiful..

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, those are totally awesome. I can tell that the person that made those has a lot of patience but also has a lot of creativity. Thanks so much of sharing.

Jesse

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thanks Betty and Jesse ( I now remember Jesse Owens!)

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

How cool! With the exception of #3 they all remind me of strange sea creatures. Wonder if they use some sort of mold/frame to substain the work while they put the pieces in place?

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I must say yes, there must be some support to hold them together, like a skeleton frame or cardboard... Because I have seen my grandmother do such things in rice and paddy. Here is the link where I had posted a couple of her crafts - so you can get some idea.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/375698/

Yorkshire,

Dinu, I think that the pencils are aired together by drilling very tiny holes through them and threading them into place as you would beads. Look very closely at some of the pictures and you can see where they are drilled through.
I wonder who used so many coloured pencils and who sharpened them to all the same size.

Terri

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

If there are drilled holes to make a thread pass through, then it becomes truly more amazing! It is unfortunate that many of these e-mail forwards lose their source and lacks information. Just pictures! Such things I feel must be going through with all necessary details.

Yorkshire,

Look at the 4th picture down Dinu, at the front 'leg' of that particular piece. You can actually see the tiny holes and signs of the wire that is used to thread through them.
A similar kind of thing can be done using beads of all kinds. You can make small birds, animals and flowers using beads threaded onto wire, which helps the structure keep it's shape. I have wanted to try this kind of craftwork for a long time and have made one or two angels (but none of the flowers and animals that I really want to try.) Like the pencil constructions there are some beautiful works of art out there made from beads. The flowers are particularly nice.
I agree that any emails should also tell how they were put together. It would make them even more interesting.
If you will sharpen the pencils and drill the holes in them I'll try to build a 'work of art from them, LOL (just kidding)

:o)

Terri

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Good eye Terri, I did not notice that the first time!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Yea, well done in noticing them closely, Terri. Wait till I post a separate thread on bead work done by my late aunt. It's coming soon!

Yorkshire,

You be sure to let me know when you post it Dinu. I seem to always find interesting items only months after they were first posted...wouldn't want to miss this one.

Terri

(Zone 1)

Amazing! Thank you for sharing this Beautiful form of art, Dinu. I can't wait to see the artwork done by your Dear Aunt!

I do not have a creative bone in my body and it just leaves me in Awe of what some people can do!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Have posted it separately, hope it has not escaped your attention.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

What an amazing art! Luv the one that looks like a flower.
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images