Communities > Forums > Annuals
Forum: AnnualsReplies: 2, Views: 81
Add to Bookmarks
Philadelphia, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 31, 2007
11:56 AM

Post #3339723

I am growing Datura for the first time- and of all the plants I have started in my kitchen, they are much more leggy than any other flowers- not sure why as they are all getting the same light. Just natural light from the windows- I have a tiny apartment and haven't worked out a way to get lights up.
I'd take a picture, but my other half is out of town and has the digital camera :-(
How deep do you all plant these when you pot up? A lot of my annuals I just bury down to the cotyledons and they do just fine- can you do this with Datura?
My Lilac La Fleur (I think thats the name) is the tallest- its getting its first set of true leave right now, and is 3 inches tall. For contrast, the double whites and the triple yellows (in the same flat right next to the Lilac) are only 1 1/2 to 2 inches tall. They were all started on March 14th.
Have another question as well- some of the other Daturas that haven't germinated yet have this white fuzzy looking stuff around the seeds- is this normal or something bad? Do I need to start those over?
Thanks in advance- I am REALLY looking forward to these Datura this summer! Such a pretty plant. Samantha in Philly

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Annuals Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Top 10 favorites poppysue 56 Aug 11, 2009 7:33 PM
Needs Dark to Germinate??? BJT72 24 Apr 10, 2007 9:07 PM
Gourd planter (Part 2) Snake Gourd dave 23 Nov 24, 2009 7:32 PM
Mystery gourd Pala 24 Oct 11, 2008 11:52 PM
My Itsie-Bitsie Luffa Ball plant Morph 28 Mar 8, 2008 11:16 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America