Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

trouble with ezclone machine

Aberdeen, WA

yes i do need help. i have an ezclone cloning machine and i can't get it to work.

i take cuttings according to the ways i've read about.
1/4 inch below node, 45 degree angle, dipping immediately in clonex. the cuttings are 4-5 inches tall, a couple of leaves on top. i've read about wounding but haven't tried it---yet. the mothers are healthy, in vegative state. i have read something about the ma's shouldn't be hyped up with nitrogen. this could be a problem. i've been using a grow juice with lots of nitrogen. i've decided to flush with pure water a couple of waterings before taking anymore cuttings.
into the machine they go.
there are compact flourescents, a 6 bulb fixture. its raised to 17 inches above the top of the machine. i leave the lights on 24/7.
my ph averages 5.5-5.7, water temp--well i have a problem with that. it goes up, but on average it measures 71-78. air temp 79, relative humidity 48 percent.
i have a timer on the spray, 1 on 3 off i think is the cycle.
i'm using a root stimulator i bought from a local grow shop.
without fail 6-7 days in, no roots and the leaves begin to yellow.
i think that's about it.
any suggestions?
thanx in advance!

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

Run the pump 24x7 and just use plain water and about a cap full of hydroguard.
thats all i do in my DIY unit and i get roots on hardwood and softwood cuttings of
english lavendar in about 2 weeks. you dont need to use the clonex , it will just get
washed off.

I also make my cuttings so there are 2 nodes down in the cloner so my cuttings are
like 3 to 4 inch tall to start with.

herb related cuttings normally root in less then a week.

you can get the water temp lower by tossing in a soda bottle of frozen water.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.