Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Battling Blackspot: roses

Communities > Forums > Article: Battling Blackspot
bookmark
Forum: Article: Battling BlackspotReplies: 1, Views: 165
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kNIERIM
Greenbrier, AR

April 4, 2007
11:27 AM

Post #3354288

Hi,
My name is Nancy,
I recently moved to Arkansas from OHIO. It is much hotter here and very humid. I have no shade whatsoever. I would like to plant roses. I was wondering if there were any specifics that will do well in the high heat and humidity? Also some of my flowers are getting holes in them, I'm thinking maybe insects? but I dont know what to use on them. thank you
Nancy
TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 5, 2010
11:16 AM

Post #7766633

Hi Nancy,

Sorry nobody ever responsed in the three years since this was posted...

There are many roses designated as "Earth-Kind" roses which have been extensively tested for disease-resistance, heat tolerance, etc. Here's a link to their site, which also lists the cultivars selected for the program.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/earthkind/roses/cultivars/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Battling Blackspot Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Neem and Beneficial Insects TexasTam 2 May 11, 2010 4:42 AM
Isn't Harmful? tcfromky 0 May 10, 2010 6:48 AM
Neem maggiecowgirl 0 May 10, 2010 8:16 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America