Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Flowers: Plumeria help

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 3, Views: 76
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
darock
East China, MI

April 6, 2007
6:37 PM

Post #3362890

Please any one out there with some cuttings or seeds that they are willing to share with a 7th grade student that wants to show her science class that the plumeria can be grown from a cutting and seeds please contact me at darock@i-is.com

Thank you
Angie
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2007
7:32 PM

Post #3366592

It is Easter and a slow weekend, angie...but I am sure someone will answer you before long...I don't have any plumerias...
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

April 8, 2007
9:28 PM

Post #3370003

Angie - I would love to help since I have Plumeria's in many colors and varieties, but I also live in a place that seems to restrict what gets exported to the States. All of our mail goes through Honolulu and HI is VERY picky about what goes in and out. I can state unoquivicably that they grow from both cuttings and seeds...I have done both. But take heart - this is a great site with many wonderful and generous members...someone will come to your aide soon I am sure. Again, wish I could - but I have tried sending seeds to other members with no luck...very sorry.
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

April 10, 2007
7:56 PM

Post #3377076

Angie: You should post your request over on the Plumeria Forum! There are a lot of people on that forum with really great information on these plants and I bet a few of them would offer you cuttings as well as seeds for your project! Click on this link to go to the Plumie Forum:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/plumerias/all/

Good Luck With your School Project!

Lin

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America