Look what came up at a friends.. identify?

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I have a few pictures. These were planted last year and grew. I got a ton of seeds.. actually felt bad that maybe I had take too many and they would not re seed as well. This is across the street from my parents house. I am sure they are surprised at what has come back up this year! They are more orange than red as the picture looks. Very full.. look almost like a huge orange carnation. sorry the closer ones are so blurry... it was blowing 35 mph at the time. I had a very difficult time getting these shots. I will be able to get TONS of seeds from these this year.

Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

Another to show just how close and how many are coming up... some of these are really big!

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

Now for some closer pics... very blurry..sorry.
Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

Last one.. any idea what they are? this is one of the big ones and the wind was really blowing. It is so dense and full! You can not even see the purple inside. All are alike.

Thumbnail by LhasaLover
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Varieties of Papaver somniferum. Very beautiful

Greenwich, OH

Very! Pretty! poppies.

Yes, they are and I will have plenty of seeds to trade later of these.... they produced tons of seeds last year ... I was afraid to take too many... looks like I did not take enough.

Tammie

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Pretty Pretty Pretty. I love poppies.

Nieuwegein, Netherlands

Looks beautifull......

Bye, Astrid

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I am going to need to try some of those seeds if you get a lot of them to trade.

I just collected some a few days ago. I only had a plastic glove to put them in but the amount I got filled one of the middle fingers so there are quite a few!

Tammie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.