Prayers for KayJones DH

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Continued from here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/706860/

Kay posted this April 10...

Quoting:
UPDATE: Gary and I visited the oncologist today and were told that there was nothing further that can be done for Gary except to keep him comfortable. The doctor told Gary that the most appropriate way was for him (doctor) to order hospice.

Gary started crying just a little bit, but said he agreed. The doctor told us he had never, in his long career in cancer treatment, seen anyone as brave as Gary has been. I felt so proud of Gary. GOD, we have NO IDEA what is going on in Gary's mind!

Gary's family will be filtering in again, starting tomorrow afternoon. Hospice will be here in the afternoon as well. GOD, this is scary!

Thank you for your continued love and prayers - it has been, and continues to be, a gift to us!

This was posted April 12...
Quoting:
Two of Gary's sisters just left after a short visit. They installed a 'rain' shower in the m/b shower stall, because the hospice aide will be giving him a shower in the morning. We thought that was very nice!

Gary's chemo nurse and the hospice nurse both agreed that Gary would be with us less than two weeks, and more than likely just a few days. He's showing all the classic signs of his body shutting down. This is so hard for all of us, as he is no longer eating or drinking, he is almost too weak to walk - they say all things happen for a reason, but this one has me baffled!

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Dear Kay, you and Gary are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Bonnie

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Kay praying for you and Gary as you walk him home to the Lord.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You're in my prayers, Gary and your whole family.

Myrtle Beach, SC

Sending positive thoughts and many, many prayers your way. God has His own plan for each of us and we just don't know His design. Use each moment to cherish what you have and what you had together. It is so important to just be together.
My DH is a Cardiac patient, surviving 4 very serious encounters. Now we are dealing with those plus congestive heart disease....we know our time is not our own so we garden and cuddle and just "be together". Small things mean so much. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire a year after he did so we can both be together to care for my Mom. Time is so fleeting.
God bless you, Gary, your family and friends. Know you are loved and wanted, Margo

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm praying for you and Gary, and your family.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

love coming your way..

xxx

Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

I will be praying for you, Kay and Gary, and your family, that God's peace that surpasses all understanding will fill your home, your hearts, and your minds.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Kay, holding you in my prayers and my thoughts and in my heart. I understand.

Clinton, MO

Think of you soo many times a day. Be strong. God is there.

Plymouth, MI(Zone 6a)

Kay, praying for both you and Gary.

Your in my prayers ~

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Prayers being said this morning for relief of pain, peace of mind, healing of broken hearts to all.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Early morning prayers being said for strength for you, dear one, and for relief of Gary's pain and suffering. Hold tight to the fact that God is with you every step of this awful journey and your DG friends are all praying for you and holding you in our hearts. In Christian Love. Judy

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Leaving for work soon -- praying for your sweetheart and your family.

hugs across the miles....

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Because of GOD'S mercy, Gary is having no pain at this time. Thank you to all our friends - your thoughts and prayers mean so much!

Gary is comatos most of the time now. He is being given morphine q2h for agitation. He was given last rites this morning. It's between Gary and GOD, as it has always been.

Victoria Harbour, ON

It is not just Gary who is being brave...you are a brave soul as well..I'm sure Gary is very proud of you as well... What strength we have within ourselves when we believe in the Lord...know at this point the last thing you want to hear is ramblings of someone elses experience but sometimes it helps and it brings many memories back to those who have experienced similar situations...

I remember leaving the hospital after Roger's death accompanied by my two sons, it was a cold crisp evening, so cold that the trees were glistening like diamonds and on the back of the hospital was a large grate - probably about 20' x 20' and steam was rising when all at once I noticed someone laying on a cardboard box that had been flattened and had rags thrown upon his body for warmth..guess the steam offered heat...I stopped while both boys were trying to edge me on, I can remember saying, please just leave me stand here awhile...I kept looking and trying to understand... I never doubted that the Lord had a plan but I kept trying to figure it out...I could see the room in which Roger's body lay, then I could see this poor sould laying quietly hoping to survive the nights cold and I asked myself what could the plan be? Up there in the room was a man who was loved by many - had a wonderful family, offered much to humanity and here laying on the ground, was this poor soul who didn't to me seem to have a purpose...I'm sure he had a family who worried about him but it seemed so strange...the boys kept pulling and trying to make me leave but I stood there what seems to be an eternity...trying to comprehend...but I never at any time said 'why me Lord, why me' ....that's 17 years ago this New Years Eve....it's taking a little longer than I had hoped to realize his plant but I do know that one is in the works....so take care my friend, keep you faith...and always know that Gary will be by your side.....prayers will be said on your behalf and for your family!

Lansing, KS(Zone 5b)

Kay~ no wise words here..thus will continue to pray for you and yours, and must agree GOD has a plan...

Waaaay Down South, GA

Holding you and your beloved DH close in my heart and prayers this afternoon.
Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

so sorry for your pain Kay.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Update: Gary's hospice nurse just left, and stated that, based on Gary's vitals, death was close - probably today and possibly tomorrow, but definently soon.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Kay, do you have family with you? Praying as I sit here reading your post..may God be with you both...

Clinton, MO

I will be praying for you to feel God's presence and for him to wrap his arms around you. I will pray he give you strength in the coming hours.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Oh NO. Kay I do not have words but sadness.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

what she said too Kay. Amen

This message was edited Apr 17, 2007 11:39 AM

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Holding you close to my heart.

Judy

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Praying for strength and peace for you Kay and your family. Rejoicing with Gary as he prepares to enter God's kingdom.

Lyndonville, NY

Sending prayers and thoughts of comfort to you.

Debbie

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

You are in my heart and in my prayers today, as always, Kay - blessings to you and to Gary.

Waaaay Down South, GA

May you find peace that only He can give. God bless both of you. I pray he doesn't suffer.
Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh,Kay.. I am praying for you both.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Praying for your both. My heart aches for your both.
Patti

This message was edited Apr 17, 2007 5:07 PM

Thumbnail by rose318

I know when in a similar situation I was just on automatic. Making the sounds, the movements of what needed to be done....somewhat anethatised.

Just know as i am sure you do, that there are people here who love you both and are praying..... that there is someone who, when you cannot walk the day through yourself, will pick you up an carry you.

Gary's journey here is nearly done and the next is about to begin! God is there to guide you both through the next step.

And we are here to help, love and support.

hugs across the waters....xx

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Before my sister passed away I had a chance to be with her for a few moments by myself. I sat on the edge of her bed, touched her cheek, and said to her, "I love you very much and I will miss you, but it's okay for you to go now." I also talked with my mom before she died and told her "Mom, stop being a stubborn old woman; it's time for you to go. I'll miss you and I love you, but you don't need to be in pain any longer. Hug my boy for me and tell him how much I love him. " Whether or not either of them heard me I don't know, but it helped me let go a little.

Kay~ Gary will be in a wonderful, beautiful place and you will always feel him close to you.

God's peace,
Jody

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Dear Kay, just want you to know that I keep praying for you, Gary and Joseph.

Do what Jody says. I did the same thing when my father was in this situation and told him my mother had been waiting for him for too long and that he should hug my boy until it was my time. Assure Gary you and Joseph will be fine.

It was hard to say those words to my dad, but two days later he passed and I am sure my words somehow released him.

Love, prayers and hugs,

Ursula

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just got home from work Kay and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, can't seem to get you all off my mind....know that you have a great prayer circle of friends who will be here to support you in what's to come...it's very difficult for you to let go but the others are right..perhaps he's holding on for you and your family's sake..let him know you will miss him and know he's always going to be with you as is his love, but it's okay for him to leave and find peace with the Lord...have courage my friend...

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

this is so sad

Victoria Harbour, ON

AND GOD said...

I said, "God, I hurt"
And God said. "I know"

I said, 'God, I cry a lot"
And God said, 'That is why I gave you tears!"

I said "God, I am so depressed"
And God said, "That is why I gave you Sunshine"

I said, "God, life is so hard"
And God said, "That is why I gave you loved ones"

I said, God, my loved one died"
And God said, "So did mine"

I said 'God it is such a loss"
And God said, "I saw mine nailed to a cross"

I said "God, but your loved on lives"
And God said, "So does yours"

I said "God, where are they now?"
And God said, 'Mine is on My right and yours is in the Light"

I said, "God, it hurts"
And God said, I know"

This was originally posted on the wall of the Oklahoma City bombind site
and written by K.C. and Myke Kwzmic of California...

Think it says it all......

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful Betty!
Another one I love at times of hardship: http://www.llerrah.com/footprints.htm
It has helped me more times than I can count....

This message was edited Apr 17, 2007 7:23 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images