Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Swaps, Trades and Giveaways: Stuff for swap

Communities > Forums > Swaps, Trades and Giveaways
bookmark
Forum: Swaps, Trades and GiveawaysReplies: 10, Views: 401
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 16, 2007
6:59 PM

Post #3399062

Have these items for swap. I'm open to swapping for plants, plant stuff, or knitting stuff like patterns or needles or notions.

1 set Susan Bates circular needles (quicksilvers), 24", size 6 (how I wound up with 2 of these, I'll never know), in original package but I'm sure I used them

a brand-new SanDisk MobileMate MS. I bought it to read my SD card from my new camera but I erred; it's the wrong reader. I opened the package so of course I can't return it. I never used it. It'll come with everything and it can be registered at the SanDisk website for the full warranty. Original retail cost is $19.95.

2 absolutely new Exo3 iPod covers in JackO, a glow- in-the-dark orange. These fit the 3rd generation iPods up to 30 GB.

Beverly

frans530
Rankin, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2007
10:21 PM

Post #3399829

Beverly,
I am intersted in your circular needles. what is on your want list. I have a few mini Hosta available (for when you guys EVER warm up) Teeny-Weeny Bikini & Pandoras Bos to name 2.

Fran
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 17, 2007
7:52 AM

Post #3400604

No hostas thanks, it'll bring in the deer!
I didn't make a real want-list; if not knitting stuff, than house plants. I like bromeliads, cordylines, unusual succulents. LOL, will we ever warm up? I had to e-mail Buried Treasure to hold my order for another month!
frans530
Rankin, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2007
8:24 AM

Post #3400675

What about a couple pairs of needle caps?
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 17, 2007
10:14 AM

Post #3400974

Aaargh, just bought a set of a dozen pairs (they're cute, look like little teddy bears). I like sock patterns, especially for sport-weight yarn (gauge 6 1/2 to 7 sts/in) and especially in a lace or textured (not colorwork) pattern. I'd swap for a nice sock pattern.
frans530
Rankin, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2007
10:39 AM

Post #3401064

That I can do... sis is VERY into socks.. will dmail you as soon as I see what she has. You won't be disappointed.
Fran
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2007
8:35 AM

Post #3404096

bbinj, Not swapping but I was just thinking that there is no reason you can't take the Sandisk back as long as you have the receipt..it isn't like software :)
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 18, 2007
8:46 AM

Post #3404130

Opened the plastic thingie, they won't take it back 'cause it was opened. The plastic was so hard to open I wound up slicing off a bit of the instruction book. Not any of the printed area, but still a bit of paper is gone. They can't sell it. I hate plastic clamshell wrappers.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2007
9:01 AM

Post #3404174

Well that is lame. I have taken things in that type of packaging back before. I hate that packaging also. I guess since I used to work at a service desk I saw people get to return things that I would never have taken back so I argue about it more now. I suppose the instruction book part makes a difference..
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 18, 2007
11:21 AM

Post #3404641

A columnist wrote about going to buy a pair of pliers in order to open one of those things - the pliers came wrapped the same way so he threw the pliers under the wheels of a bus! forgot how he open the thing he really wanted. It was recounted in last week's NY Times.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2007
11:51 AM

Post #3404745

That funny and sad at the same time.. I hate those and kids toys that have 500 twisty ties to undo before you can get the toy out.. oops.. I better stop hijacking your thread :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Swaps, Trades and Giveaways Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new swap forum! Terry 19 Jan 2, 2013 10:29 AM
CLOSED: Illinois pick up Cheryl_IL 0 Apr 6, 2007 1:57 PM
CLOSED: Anyone have Elvis Prestley Stamp to swap for Marilyn Monroe Gourd 5 Apr 25, 2007 3:34 PM
Spring Cleaning Gardening books, pots, and other items. rose318 54 Nov 26, 2008 1:12 AM
A few cookbooks JenFrazier 1 Apr 30, 2007 1:20 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America