Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Swaps, Trades and Giveaways: Stuff for swap

Communities > Forums > Swaps, Trades and Giveaways
bookmark
Forum: Swaps, Trades and GiveawaysReplies: 10, Views: 401
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 16, 2007
6:59 PM

Post #3399062

Have these items for swap. I'm open to swapping for plants, plant stuff, or knitting stuff like patterns or needles or notions.

1 set Susan Bates circular needles (quicksilvers), 24", size 6 (how I wound up with 2 of these, I'll never know), in original package but I'm sure I used them

a brand-new SanDisk MobileMate MS. I bought it to read my SD card from my new camera but I erred; it's the wrong reader. I opened the package so of course I can't return it. I never used it. It'll come with everything and it can be registered at the SanDisk website for the full warranty. Original retail cost is $19.95.

2 absolutely new Exo3 iPod covers in JackO, a glow- in-the-dark orange. These fit the 3rd generation iPods up to 30 GB.

Beverly

frans530
Rankin, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2007
10:21 PM

Post #3399829

Beverly,
I am intersted in your circular needles. what is on your want list. I have a few mini Hosta available (for when you guys EVER warm up) Teeny-Weeny Bikini & Pandoras Bos to name 2.

Fran
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 17, 2007
7:52 AM

Post #3400604

No hostas thanks, it'll bring in the deer!
I didn't make a real want-list; if not knitting stuff, than house plants. I like bromeliads, cordylines, unusual succulents. LOL, will we ever warm up? I had to e-mail Buried Treasure to hold my order for another month!
frans530
Rankin, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2007
8:24 AM

Post #3400675

What about a couple pairs of needle caps?
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 17, 2007
10:14 AM

Post #3400974

Aaargh, just bought a set of a dozen pairs (they're cute, look like little teddy bears). I like sock patterns, especially for sport-weight yarn (gauge 6 1/2 to 7 sts/in) and especially in a lace or textured (not colorwork) pattern. I'd swap for a nice sock pattern.
frans530
Rankin, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2007
10:39 AM

Post #3401064

That I can do... sis is VERY into socks.. will dmail you as soon as I see what she has. You won't be disappointed.
Fran
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2007
8:35 AM

Post #3404096

bbinj, Not swapping but I was just thinking that there is no reason you can't take the Sandisk back as long as you have the receipt..it isn't like software :)
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 18, 2007
8:46 AM

Post #3404130

Opened the plastic thingie, they won't take it back 'cause it was opened. The plastic was so hard to open I wound up slicing off a bit of the instruction book. Not any of the printed area, but still a bit of paper is gone. They can't sell it. I hate plastic clamshell wrappers.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2007
9:01 AM

Post #3404174

Well that is lame. I have taken things in that type of packaging back before. I hate that packaging also. I guess since I used to work at a service desk I saw people get to return things that I would never have taken back so I argue about it more now. I suppose the instruction book part makes a difference..
bbinnj
West Orange, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 18, 2007
11:21 AM

Post #3404641

A columnist wrote about going to buy a pair of pliers in order to open one of those things - the pliers came wrapped the same way so he threw the pliers under the wheels of a bus! forgot how he open the thing he really wanted. It was recounted in last week's NY Times.
Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2007
11:51 AM

Post #3404745

That funny and sad at the same time.. I hate those and kids toys that have 500 twisty ties to undo before you can get the toy out.. oops.. I better stop hijacking your thread :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Swaps, Trades and Giveaways Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new swap forum! Terry 19 Jan 2, 2013 10:29 AM
CLOSED: Illinois pick up Cheryl_IL 0 Apr 6, 2007 1:57 PM
CLOSED: Anyone have Elvis Prestley Stamp to swap for Marilyn Monroe Gourd 5 Apr 25, 2007 3:34 PM
Spring Cleaning Gardening books, pots, and other items. rose318 54 Nov 26, 2008 1:12 AM
A few cookbooks JenFrazier 1 Apr 30, 2007 1:20 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America