Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Vegetables: Herbs: wanted

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 2, Views: 62
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kls_01
Champaign, IL
(Zone 5b)

April 17, 2007
9:23 PM

Post #3402987

Ok, so after doing a lot of poking around on here, I see there are generous people willing to share plants. I dug up a 12' circle last year to make a wagon wheel herb garden. It has eight sections that I want to fill with 8 different herbs. Here's the list of what I want in it:

oregano
spearmint
mint
tarragon
lavendar
lemon balm
sage
chives

I've made an attempt at growing some from seed...managed to kill most of them...the mint may still be hanging in there...Anyway, someone just offered me some spearmint...so I was wondering if there was anyone else who'd be willing to help me out. I'm unfortunately new at this, so I don't have much to trade with(and I may not have the skill to successfully deliver a live plant to anyone :( ). But, here's what I possibly could trade:

Zinnias: seeds from last year
Nasturtium: seeds from last year
2 dracaenas: I'd gladly try chopping away at it for some herbs
dumb cane: ditto
ivy(not variegated): cuttings
Sedum(kinda like Autum Joy, but mines pink): don't seem to die easily, so should be able to manage this
Stonecrop(I think that's what its called)
Pothos or Philedendron(sp?): I have one of these, can't tell which...they were all green, but are started to get variegate...

That's all I can think of so far...also, I hope there are no horror stories of supposed DG members hacking away at some poor gardener(or wanna-be) with their hoe or hedge clippers...giving away address to unknown people has me a little leary...lol.

I have big gardening dreams and a small pocket book, so anything would be helpful! Also, any advice on how to plant them...I'm afraid it may be too late for me to plant some things? (zone 5b).

Kristie

lafko06
Brimfield, MA
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2007
12:45 PM

Post #3408444

Kristie,

Not sure if you are interested, but I can send you some sweet genovese basil, caraway and dukat dill seeds. D-mail me if you are interested in case I don't come back in here and do please remind me what you need me to send!! :)

Thanks!!

Megan
lexiekinz
Lakeland, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 30, 2007
8:49 PM

Post #3448841

I can send you some garlic chives. They produce bulbs similar to the walking onion. They have an octopus looking thingy that comes from a stalk that opens and flowers then make little bulbs that drop off and make new plants... or you can eat 'em! yum yum. *grinnin' and chewing a certs*

Lexie

edited due to yet another blonde moment *blush*

This message was edited Apr 30, 2007 7:51 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America