Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Gardening Questions: Sticky leaves....what to do?

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 2, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Connie_G
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 22, 2007
2:12 PM

Post #3418337

My dracena (I think) house plant has sticky stuff on some of the spikes near the bottom of the plant. Can someone suggest a remedy? I think some critter is creating it...can't remember what to do.

Thanks!

This message was edited Apr 25, 2007 10:30 PM
Len123
Adrian, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 22, 2007
5:25 PM

Post #3418874

if it's a critter I believe it's probably aphids. I believe they are sometimes even enslaved by ants for their sweet mily substance they create, but you should be able to see them.
tggfisk
Garner, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2007
7:11 PM

Post #3422890

Since this is a houseplant, try washing off the plant in the sink or the shower. It might take more than one time, but could do the trick. If it's a serious infestation, you could try a bit of insecticidal soap. Make sure to read any directions about indoor use and ventilation. I always try to use chemicals (even soaps) as a last resort.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America