Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Gardening Questions: Desert Rose

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 4, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Brogden
Sun City West, AZ

April 25, 2007
11:32 PM

Post #3431587

Can anyone please help me with the next growing stage of this plant?. I have grown it from seed. It has one stem about eight inches high with around fourteen nice leaves.., It is inside and I haven't a clue what next to do.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2007
9:36 AM

Post #3432494

Sounds like you're on the right track, I would just keep doing what you're doing! It would probably enjoy being outdoors for the summer although you'll need to bring it back in for the winter. It likes it on the drier side so make sure you don't overwater.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

April 27, 2007
1:22 AM

Post #3435721

Being in Arizona I would definately take it outside...just do it gradually, over several days to a week to let it get used to the heat. I have a lot of these beauties, and they really do like it sunny and warm. After it is outside on a regular basis, withhold water for a few days - let it get actually dry. Then water it real good. It will reward you with lots of beautiful flowers.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Brogden
Sun City West, AZ

April 27, 2007
9:54 AM

Post #3436485

Thanks so much for all the information

. It is in rather a small pot (the one I grew from a seed .) Shall I repot it? It is rather tall and it's base fills the top of the pot.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2007
10:05 AM

Post #3436527

I'd have to see it to know for sure, but it sounds like it may be appropriate to repot. Make sure you only go up one container size--if it's in a 2" pot put it in a 4" one, etc.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America