Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Garden Art: My first bottle tree!

Communities > Forums > Garden Art
bookmark
Forum: Garden ArtReplies: 61, Views: 1,499
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mom2eloise
Trabuco Canyon, CA

April 25, 2007
11:57 PM

Post #3431689

I have desperately wanted a bottle tree but I am not handy with tools, don't weld and my husband is even less handy with household type repairs. I've spent months looking for a way to make a bottle tree without spending $$$ buying one.

I found these green metal wavy plant stakes, 6'tall, at Home Depot and they were marked down to $1 ea so I bought the 11 poles that they had left. The red bottles were from Ty Nant flat spring water (found at Ralph's grocery store), blue bottles from sparkling mineral water (Italian, at Trader Joe's) and the green bottles were also from sparkling mineral water, San Pelegrino, bought at the dollar store but also found at Ralph's and Trader Joe's.

I absolutely love my tree, better than the bottle trees I've seen for sale online and a lot cheaper! The poles bob and wave in the wind and even with gusts to 35mph the bottles haven't smashed yet. I'm sure I'll have to take them down if we get the strong Santa ana winds. My only problem is water marks on the bottles from the sprinklers.

Where there's a will there's a way : )

Thumbnail by mom2eloise
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 61 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Garden Art Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interactive Garden Humor wannadanc 9 Jul 15, 2012 3:40 PM
Fabulous idea for hiding shed!! seedpicker_TX 35 Jul 24, 2007 12:12 PM
The 'Munch Monster' celia 20 Apr 26, 2007 4:59 PM
Arbor 2pugdogs 47 Jun 15, 2007 8:57 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!! blckwolf256 55 Aug 19, 2007 7:35 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America