Journal Feb.5, 2001

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Morning folks! Spring morning here this morning..sun is out and the birds are singing. They know spring is around the corner. Today I will make a road trip to New Iberia to buy plants. Boy do I like that!! FUN! Last night was a sleepless night. Seems the coyotes were making kills left and right, they were making lots of noise. I even got up to check on my critters. One of may cats came up to me with a "mom, let me sleep inside look." So in the bed she came...went make a head count this morning, everyone is here. WHEW! Food must be getting scarce for them. Well type at ya'll later!Have a great day, Blessings, Lisa

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh, Dori, I forgot to ask..how did the tourny go? Did the boys do well? Lisa

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

morning everyone,its a foggy morning here-the weather cant decide what to do! Suppose to snow off and on today. LISA-
The tourny went great for us-Teig(sounds like teague)was the only one from our team that made the All Tournament Team
last year he just missed it and was as they call it: At Large, he was 4-1. This year he went 5-0 and wrestled great!
IM PROUD!
Yesterday i hung more lights and found new seedlings bursting through the dirt =] Lost my only yellow burgmansia start =[. The white ones are doing good!
Today I will have to play catchup again from the weekend-laundry,dishes n everyday stuff!
everyone have a great day
dori

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. The weekend endurance riders convention was fun, I came home with a bunch of awards that the horses and I earned last season. Yesterday afternoon was pretty so I went riding for a while in the deep snow. Today is sheep working day at the neighbors, cold day, 28* and windy, snow showers are in the forecast all week, and mixed with rain showers, so I will bundle up. Today is also our anniversary, 41 years. Gotta hurry to do chores before I go do sheep.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Good morning ~

Dori/MaryE - sounds like y'all had an exciting and fun weekend.

Lisa, I'm chomping at the bit to go on a plant-buying spree! Our "soil" is really adobe/clay/mud right now. Don't know how the bulbs seem to keep coming back each year. You'd think with that wet, suffocating mud, that they'd all rot away. At least, for a second or two, I am currently ahead of the weeds. They're just laughing at me, though, because they know that Feb is when I start falling behind!

Sun is up and it's going to be a bright spring day. The pastures are greening up, and the black cows and calves have been rotated to one further up on the hills. No close-up pictures for a bit, but they *do* look like they are enjoying romping in the green hills...

Take care, everyone.

Karla

southeast, NE

Good morning! Dori/Mary - congratulations!

My dd used to play soccer a lot until she got to high school and found out about politics, lousy coaching, spoiled brats (long story) and she didn't go out for soccer after her freshman year. Anyway, she started playing intramural in college and loves it cause it's fun! Although she told me a girl on the opposite team hurt herself when she was going for the ball at the same time dd was. Made me cringe - one thing about her not playing soccer is I didn't have to worry about her getting hurt.

Dh found a dead ewe in the barn yesterday - have no idea why she died. Feel so bad for her lamb. We are now bottle feeding him and another lamb that wasn't getting enough milk from her mom.

It's supposed to be in the 40's again today and has been beautiful, although very sloppy. I'm washing overalls today - takes about 3 cycles to get all the crud out of them.

You all have a good day!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Mary, I so sorry I forgot about your endurance ride! I am glad it went well! Happy Anniversary! Lisa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images