Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Gardening Questions: weed killer

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 3, Views: 119
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gypsyseagod
Glasgow, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 27, 2007
4:17 PM

Post #3437631

can you recommend a good weed killer that won't kill my flowers ? i have gladiolus,bachelor buttons,alyssum,morning glory,- you name it, it got it.

Thumbnail by gypsyseagod
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Farmerdill
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

April 27, 2007
4:30 PM

Post #3437660

Nope, Those all fit in the categoy, broadleaf weeds. If you are using established plants you may have some luck with sprout inhibitors, like corn gluten.
gypsyseagod
Glasgow, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 27, 2007
6:12 PM

Post #3438008

thanks. i guess i'll just have to wait for everything to bloom then figure out what the weeds are. everything i planted is growing so far.even after a 5 night freeze a few weeks ago,which i had to mulch all the beds, but so far not bad for a guy that lived on boats all my life & never tried before. p.s. i don't know what kind of bush it was in my flowerbed(4 actually) but it had wicked needle like thorns all over it & after dealing w/ all the splinters,even through heavy leather gloves, i got a bright idea- taking a torch to it before digging it up - diy garden tip of the day.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2007 6:34 PM

This message was edited Apr 27, 2007 7:01 PM

Thumbnail by gypsyseagod
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2007
2:22 AM

Post #3439586

LOL, seagod, love your tip of the day! Don't know how far away you are but check out the Ohio Valley Gardening Forum. We're having a roundup/RU where all the local, or not so local, Dave's Garden people get together to eat, chat, pat dogs, hold babies, trade plants, give away plants, talk plants, eat plants...well veggies and herbs anyway! Join us June 2nd and you'll learn much about gardening and go home with more plants than you know what to do with! :~) As a beginner you won't even have to have plants to trade. We love luring others to join us in our addiction.

Lana

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America