Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Little_Squirt
Wayne, NE

April 29, 2007
4:30 PM

Post #3444574

Does anyone know if these will bloom in the heat of the summer or are they going to quit blooming when it gets hot out? Thanks
heathrjoy
Weedville, PA
(Zone 6a)

April 30, 2007
2:29 PM

Post #3447666

Any info I can find on this, which isn't much, says that they are a spring plant. From what I can find it looks like you might get a two month flowering period out of them if they do well. However, what I found also says that they flower like crazy, up to 200 blooms on one plant!

I've also read you can keep them as houseplants, that they are great as container plants. If I were you I'd keep this outdoors in spring in a pot, deadhead and fertilize well, and bring it indoors when it starts to putter out.

I would include the links I found the info at, but this is a compilation from about 6 different sites. All I did was Google the name you gave as the thread subject.

Hope this helps...let us know how it works out for you!
Heather
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 30, 2007
3:47 PM

Post #3447872

They bloom in late spring to early summer, out here our summers don't usually get that hot and they still stop blooming in mid-summer. Don't think it has anything to do with the heat, just that's not it's normal blooming time.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America