Gordon's Picotee has buds!!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

All of Gordon's datura out front are growing like crazy and have buds on them!!!! Getting excited!

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

They Look Good Sleepless In Florida

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

WOW i just got mine planted, I have a long time to wait.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I planted my seedlings in the containers on April 4th. Took only a month to get that size.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Holy cannolli, batman. That's helpful information, X. About how far apart did you plant those kidz? 4 - 6 inches or so?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That sounds about right. I always like to overplant containers so they look full.

X

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

me three!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Did you take any pictures of the blooms?? If so I sure would like to see them.

The freeze got my seedlings so I only have on white datura that came back from the root. It was late in sprouting but is making up for it now.

Judy

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Well..they should be up to the windows and in bloom by now...X Judy and I want to see bloom pictures... did the yellow around your flower remain in this generation for you... Mays window box photo had them in tip top condition.. ya done me proud...
Gordon

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Well beleive it or not with our crazy cold, no rain weather mine have just peeked through the ground, when we usually have temp. around 80-85 it has been barely 70. this morning it is 63 I am still hoping they will make it.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

yes..the weather has been cold here..
folks say how lovely it is not to be hot... but to have to wear a jacket to go into the garden in the evening... is too cold for July.. If I wanted to enjoy the Labrador weather .. I'd surely move about 1000 miles north.. what as a lightning bug do you do with a partial year.. do you still get all you have to do done ... is there a cushion built in over millions of years..all the plants.. and animals have lost out weeks.. maybe months this year.. and so many were already out of the picture... with the late severe cold snaps so prevelent..around... just making it through to the late cold is already success... now to make it under the frost wire ... good luck to all... Gordon

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3513784

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hello Everyone,
X, a generous DGer has sent me many different datura's seeds. For my zone, is too late to sow them now? I've the white, and purple but like to add yellow variety to my collection. Is it too late in the season?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images