Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

CLOSED: Help! Who am I?

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

We had a newcomer at the bird feeder today. And for the life of me, I cannot determine who it is. I know it's not the best shot in the world, but can anyone help identify this one? Thanks much!!

Thumbnail by indiana_lily
Marlton, NJ

Rose breasted Grosbeak Congratulations!

Wow, that was fast, and thank you very much!! Apparently, they are not seen here in Indiana too often. Hope to keep this one around for a bit, that's for sure!!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Sure is, lucky you ! Such pretty birds.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I just posted on the other thread, I saw a pair today at our feeders this morning!! I had never seen one before, but I knew we are suppose to have them here. We have moved from suburban area to more rural area and I am loving it. Deer, birds, raccoons ect.

Nanny, aren't they a welcome surprise? This is the first time I've ever seen one and was so thrilled when I saw it because it is such a pretty bird. And, they seem to be very patient. This one waited forever on a branch above the feeder for its turn to eat.

It's great to see and enjoy the wildlife, isn't it? :)

Marlton, NJ

It certainly is!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I could sit and watch the birds , squirrels, chipmunks all day long! Don't want to ever live "in town" again!!

Well, I was just looking at the feeder this morning and it looks like there are two males now. Maybe they'll stay for the summer!

COLUMBIA, TN(Zone 6b)

I have one visiting my feeder. I had never seen one before and almost fell out when I saw it. He stays at the feeder for a long time, so you really can get a good look at him.Sure do wish he'd hang around. I also saw three females. Beth

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I saw my first one ever 3-4 days ago, (male) patiently waiting on a branch near the feeders. They have SUCH dramatic coloration!

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

Nanny_56; Welcome to the country. It just keeps getting better. It's the ole "The more you see - the more you know, the more you know - the more you see." Enjoy. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.