Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Faries Anyone

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Now I have to find some ity bity plants for their garden, It is still a little to cold to put anything out.
I painted them during the winter,and I just made the door.
Hubby bought me a scroll saw ,for Mother`s Day, so I will try to make different doors for the gnomes I painted

Aleta

Thumbnail by AFDolly
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very cute! Luv it!!
:) Donna

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

That's adorable! Really cute!

Janet

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Now My Old DH is the garden fairy lover and Im the frog and turtle lover. this is the cutest idea , now we can combine our ornaments and make a housing project for the little people with all there friends!

Phoenix, AZ

Fantasy faeries! What an inspiration!
Your scene reminds me of my neighbor when I was 5 yrs old. She was a very jolly German woman I knew as Mutti. She had the most enchanting garden fit for faeries and gnomes. thanks for sharing your garden!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Love that stone door!..Mine are all wood...cant wait to 're-model'.

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

I have some fairies in cages suspended in the oak trees. Thinking of getting s gnome or two for the tree base as the 'catchers'.

Thumbnail by FLStu
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

What a cute little garden. Just love it, you did a great job. Love the little door

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

its very nice so sweet...

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Wonderfully imaginative. Did you build the little door from concrete and pebble stones?
Thanks very much for sharing.

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

The door is an old piece of lumber we had, its a 1x10 . I just cut it out with a jig saw. I used construction adhesive,put it on quite thick and pushed the stones in. The door handle is just an old drawer pull,that looks like a branch. I did paint the back black so the wood would be protected and then sprayed it with a clear enamal. Aleta

Grand Saline, TX(Zone 7b)

Very cute, my youngest are in love with fairy gardens. A local nursery does lots of fairy displays. It's the only garden center my kids actually beg to visit. Here's a link with a short but good list of fairy garden companion plants http://www.bluemoongardens.com/monthly.htm

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

How about Elfin thyme - very fairy-ish and easy to grow!
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/53196/

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

Here's one of my fairies that inhabit my garden

Thumbnail by Mobi
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Mobi,
How cute

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Some of the tiny hostas would also be cute in the fairy garden.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

here's my fairy in the sedums

Thumbnail by Theresa
Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

What a cute fairy!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Okay I fell in love with Aleta's idea! Heres a little bit of the work in progress here! I'm still working on it, and have become a Fairyland developer!!!!!! LOL!!!! Fun fun Fun!!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

Wonderful, although the gnome looks a little like a peeping tom!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Looking good

Frankfort, KY

My local garden center sells minature trees and bushes for fairy gardens. I purchased a 10" Alpine and was told it would grow from 1 to 2 inches per year. Of course I plan to keep it trimmed.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

How cute. That's cool that they do that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.