Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Welcome to the Landscaping.com forum!

This forum is for the discussion of our brand new Landscaping.com site. :)

dave

North Augusta, ON

Yayyyyy.....I was looking around in there again, and it was so nice to be able to search "pathways" or "walkways" and get a whole bunch of different ones to have for ideas!!!

This is such a wonderful addition, and so unique compared to anything else I have seen on the web.

Quoting:
This is such a wonderful addition, and so unique compared to anything else I have seen on the web.

That is so correct. I had previously done a search for landscaping and was shocked that there didn't seem to be anything at all. I think we're all making a huge contribution to the net through this feature.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I haven't had much time to browse yet or upload anything but it looks great so far, I can't wait until I have some more time to play around with it. I'll definitely upload some pics of my new landscaping too, I've got pics of the work in progress as well as the finished landscape. (things are crazy busy at work right now, plus my parents are coming to visit next week so I'm trying to finish up all those unfinished projects around the house/yard so I probably won't get anything uploaded until after they leave--but I'll get it in there eventually!)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Technical question... probably a loose nut on my keyboard, but how do I remove a picture from my landscape? I sort of assumed that selecting "0" would do the trick in the Re-Order function, but that didn't do it. I bet it's right in front of my face and I'm missing it!

Hmmm... another question: How can I change my location? When I try to make the update (wanted to broaden the location to read just "Maryland" or "Maryland, USA", but I get this error message:

"Error
I was unable to lookup "MD".
Please hit the back arrow on your browser and try again. "

This message was edited May 9, 2007 10:48 PM

Regarding your first question: deleting a photo is not yet there, but I'll be adding it soon.

Changing the location... you are the second person to report difficulty in changing a location. Did you try just entering "Maryland"? I just went in there and entered in "Maryland" for your entry and it updated it....

dave

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Actually, I used "MD" out of habit - thanks.

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3481295

Dave,

No need to apologize...I re-read my question and it was a bit vague.

If I have entered 100 photos and then find a photo to download and want it in the number two spot, can I assign it number two and all other photos move one number in position (e.g.: old number two now becomes number three automatically, etc.)?

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

May I suggest a link to the new website here" or is one planned like the Blooms.com?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Sue, it's at http://landscaping.com/

This message was edited May 10, 2007 7:24 AM

jasmerr, ahh I understand. I'll see what I can do about that.

Calif_Sue, yes, we'll be linking to Landscaping.com the same we we do Gardens and Bloom. I want to get it a little more refined before I make the big link, though.

dave

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Along with the comments, what if we could give a green thumbs up (or two or three?)

Yes, a rating system, but nothing negative - just a way for us to say "good" (or "great" or even "out-of-this-world fantastic") job ;o) That could eventually help you rank/sort photos and groups to highlight a particularly good example as a "landscape-of-the-day" photo.

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I agree with Terry that a rating system will likely be needed to keep the site useful. I am sure that most of the photo sharing sites have features that you could get ideas from. Also sites like digg.com. I am picturing a simple thing like an "I Like It" link where you could give your thumbs up to a landscape. Also, maybe if the home page could have a tile of "popular" landscapes and another tile of "recently added" landscapes.

- Brent

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Dave,

I'm so impressed with my first look at this website & at the wonderful suggestions of the DG family. You work quickly. From a personal standpoint, I'd love to see a category (or maybe category is too broad a word) for hillside landscapes & their special issues. Thanks for everything you & the wonderful folks here do!

Liz

Another suggestion: can a small feature, like a star or asterisks be added when something new is added to each each submission so we know when to check it again? That would be especially nice as landscape projects progress in time. Happenstance just started adding her huge landscape project so I now more will be added!

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Dave -

When I click on this image to enlarge it, I am taken back to the Landscaping.com home page.

http://landscaping.com/forums/t/721947/

yeah, I noticed that yesterday too, I think it's still something in the works

Northern California, CA

Afternoon all.......would love to see all your images, but my desktop apparently has some "issues" with the site.

It works on DH's laptop but not on my machine. I added a couple images just to test the system, but still have no luck bringing up anything but the text. Could one of you do me a favor and add a link within a post to one of the images I added. I can bring up individual image pages, just can't navigate from the main page with the titles and images.....or in my case it has just the titles. :-) Just trying to figure out what is going on and am in contact with Dave also.

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Here ya go Happ..... page with the first image enlarged.

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/Happenstance_1178860934_924.jpg

This was never answered, you aren't busy are ya?? LOL

Quoting:
Another suggestion: can a small feature, like a star or asterisks be added when something new is added to each each submission so we know when to check it again? That would be especially nice as landscape projects progress in time. Happenstance just started adding her huge landscape project so I know more will be added!

Quoting:
Another suggestion: can a small feature, like a star or asterisks be added when something new is added to each each submission so we know when to check it again? That would be especially nice as landscape projects progress in time. Happenstance just started adding her huge landscape project so I know more will be added!

That's actually a lot more involved to create than you might think, but I've got a plan to make it easy to see "new stuff", including a "Landscape Watcher" that works like the thread watcher (this way whenever a new picture is posted to your watched landscapes, or a new reply or thread is made within that landscape you'd be notified on landscaping.com

dave

Easy is good!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.