You can now embed notes within images

This is entirely experimental. Feel free to play around with this...

When viewing a full size image at the Landscaping database, you can now click on "Add note" at the top. It will produce a little square inside the picture. Drag the square to move it, and you can resize it by dragging a corner.

Once you have it positioned, enter some text below the image (In "Title" and "Content") then click on "Ok".

You can see it in action here:

http://landscaping.com/ls/photo/3/

dave

North Augusta, ON

Can we add it to everybodys???? or just our own?

You can add it to anybody's.

dave

North Augusta, ON

I just tried it, really cool..although I'm not sure about being able to add it to anybodys...there are some....er......"pranksters" in the world.....

It's an extremely experimental feature right now and will definitely be changed in the future.

I'll later be making it so that only DG subscribers can add notes, period (but anyone will be able to view them). I might even be able to make it so that the person who uploaded the photo can lock it down so that only they can add notes about it...

dave

North Augusta, ON

I like it, we can label plants, features, anything...very nice!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

So if I load snaps of our on-going hardscape project, I can make it kind of a tutorial with the names of the materials? If so, that's cool and wish we had something like it to follow along as we are complete d-i-y'ers :)

Dea

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

WOW! I just love this feature! It will allow identification of anything in the picture for those of us who want to duplicate some of it or just want to know more about it. Thanks so much!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Just got done adding a few to mine. Really neat. but I do think it's a bad idea to let anybody but the owner add/edit.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Only the owner can add/edit. Check the other submissions. Only thing you can add is a psot and images to your post.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Dave, I love this feature. Is there anyway that this feature could be implemented for all photos placed on any thread in DG? I would love to be able to make notes on my photos. So much better than making a note saying, "please see the tall plant with the broad foliage and white flower behind the red rose and in front of the oak leaf hydrangea on the left side in the lower portion of the picture" . Patti

Patti,

Yes, but I want to perfect it first and it's not at all perfected yet...

dave

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

SWEET!!!!. I can wait as this embedding feature was something I never knew was remotely possible. I am stiil in the Dark Ages. I am taking pictures of the bulbs in bloom by beds and will be in heaven if I can later go back and make notes of what needs to be fixed, added too or eradicated. If you need beta tester, I would be happy to volunteer. Patti

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Definitely would be a HUGE plus in photos in Journals/Diaries and thread discussions. I'm not sure I like other's being able to put text boxes on my landscapes. To me it detracts from the image when it gets cluttered up and so I think only a few per image is a good idea. (yea my own personal taste I know) Those "few" should be reserved for the landscape creator to help convey information. Dialogues/discussions can take place in the thread feature.

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

I also like the idea of being able to put text on my own photos, but not on others'.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Could we have a choice to allow or not to allow per posting? I would default it to not allow, as I assume that would be the first choice in most cases. But I could see having circumstances that would merit allowing others to embed notes on my photos, like, "what were you thinking with this combination?" or "get weeding". Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.