anyone make hats ?

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

I have hat looms that i knit hats with , i was just wondering if anyone else out there made these.
I donate mine to sewing for babies. Babies in ICU need hats to keep there heads warm. I also am going to start making chemo hats for cancer patients. I have a really pretty pink yarn that would look fab.
Does anyone make booties with there hats.
It is really fun, im addicted.
sue

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I do just did my 500th one.

Do them on the nifty knitter.
Lavina

wow 500. I think i would loose track counting.LOL. :)
Is the niffty Knitter the round looms ?
mine are the round looms, i would love to get the bootie size ones, but i don't have any craft stores around here .
I might google it and see what i can come up with .
What do you do with your hats ?
sue

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

The hats go to the 3 hospitals in Raleigh for new born infants.

We have an ACV Moores I'll check for you for the bootie one.

hey cool, i do the same thing with our hats. I also make sew little outfits for preemies .
Thanks for checking in on the booties ,that would be great :)))))
I go to the park while my kids play and make my hats. hahhaha just like a little old lady . :)
sue

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

None at AC Moore's check at Annie's Attic on line.

Lavina

oooh Annies Attic , never thunk to check on line LOL you would have though i would now how to work a comp by know :) hey thanks for the tip.
Any special yarn websites you have favorites of. I would love to find a true pink yarn for my Chemo hats but all i find is hot pink, baby pink or a fushia type pink.
thanks
sue

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Its real hard to tell the true colors from pictures but there is a real-Hot Pink by Red Heart. Also come to think of it I think Michaels and AC Moore's and I know Walmart shipps stuff.
Let me know if I can help I might even have 1 hot pink here.

Lavina

oh thanks Lavina
i have a Walmart here about 20 miles from us,they are pretty limited it is an old one . But that is it for any crafts or sewing places. It is a crafters nightmare !! LOL :) I just hope that they don't close down there craft an sewing too, like some of the others are .
Thanks again
best
sue

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Walmart.com
will ship anywhere in the world. All the above have web sites that will ship stuff, you don't have to go to the store.

Lavina

oh i didn't think that they wuld ship art and craft stuff thanks
sue

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I have gotten some pretty good deals on yarn on ebay. You have to hunt sometimes, alot is overpriced and consider the shipping,but good deals are there. Lots or boxes are the best deal sometimes. I have gotten cone yarn for the knitting machine at half the price, and novelity yarn for scarves for only a dollar a skein, compared to 4-8 dollars at the store. It is just another source for the rural kids like us.

good to know cpartschick
i will look into it
thanks
sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images