Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Organic Gardening: moss killer

Communities > Forums > Organic Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Organic GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mosc0022
Coeur D Alene, ID
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2007
2:59 AM

Post #3498379

does anyone know what moss killer is made of? W sprayed our lawn, and it killed the moss. Then we mowed, and dumped the clippings in the compost. Now, I just spread the compost on my tomatoes and saw bits of moss, and I'm wondering what effect the moss killer might have on my tomatoes. My understanding is that the moss killer is mainly zinc, but I can't find any info on it. I'm wondering 1. do you think it will damage my tomatoes (we sprayed over a month ago).
2. What about absorption of the actual tomatoes and will it have any health effects?
Thanks,
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 15, 2007
3:03 AM

Post #3498396

Do you still have the bottle? Anything that's claiming to kill something should have the active ingredient listed on the bottle somewhere. If it was stuff that was supposed to be safe to spray around other plants then the tomatoes probably won't be harmed, I don't know how I'd feel about eating them though.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Organic Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Miracle Gro darius 70 May 14, 2013 6:35 AM
Not Gardening, but Organic information darius 14 Feb 20, 2008 9:10 PM
pumpkins & borers roseofkaren 25 Feb 24, 2008 8:39 PM
Brewer's grain vs. Alfalfa meal/pellets for amendments? tabasco 9 Nov 3, 2008 6:36 PM
Raised beds & soil-borne disease sfk 9 Apr 6, 2008 4:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America